BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

My new weekday breakfast, homemade granola with almond milk.  Oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds mixed with a bit of oil and honey, baked until nice and toasted. Stir in dried cherries or other fruit of choice. Simple and delicious. :) 

Dinner tonight was grilled pork loin, egg flavored fried rice (thanks to Kiwi for the delicious recipe!), baked zucchini chips, kale caesar salad, and pineapple upside down cake.  The weather was perfect for outdoor dining.  Spring is here! :) 

Kiwi, the rice was a hit!  Will be making this one again soon. :friends: 

On 4/2/2016 at 4:24 PM, Walter said:

Finishing my ham and bean soup from our left over ham bone from Easter.  Tomorrow it'll be perfect for serving and a "cool" Florida spring day!  

image.jpg

On 4/3/2016 at 6:24 PM, ebk said:

Just came back from a chili cook-off at an imaginary friend's house.  Great food, great company.  And great chili!!

On 4/4/2016 at 6:53 PM, Ddladner said:

Dinner tonight was grilled pork loin, egg flavored fried rice (thanks to Kiwi for the delicious recipe!), baked zucchini chips, kale caesar salad, and pineapple upside down cake.  The weather was perfect for outdoor dining.  Spring is here! :) 

All of the above sounds mouthwatering, Dd, ebk, and Chuck. Your dinner guests are lucky chums.

On 4/3/2016 at 7:27 PM, kipper said:

OMG there was this great sale on Stouffer's frozen mac and cheese so I'll be eating that for a month. Yum!

OMG I hope you at least thaw it out! ;)

Bavarian pretzel with mustard and Golden Road Stout at the baseball game.

Edited by Strider

Went to Comet Ping Pong tonight with some theatre friends.  I had a wonderful pizza with smoked mushrooms and sundried tomatoes.  And some good local beer.  A lovely time was had by all.

On 4/4/2016 at 7:23 AM, Ddladner said:

The pleasure was all mine, Debbie! I will be conveying the news to my mom! She will be thrilled! :D 

Also, I apologize for not responding to your PM sooner. I will be getting down to that today! :friends: 

9 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

The pleasure was all mine, Debbie! I will be conveying the news to my mom! She will be thrilled! :D 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc72557dac863f7b17405ee

Thanks, Kiwi!  Not sure why pics wouldn't upload the other day, but here it is, Kiwi!  I used green bell pepper, edamame and cauliflower as the vegetables.  The spices are just wonderful!  I could get some of the spices locally, but the masala was ordered from Amazon and shipped from India (which took about a month to arrive).  Luckily, I'll get a few batches of fried rice from the seasoning package before I have to order again. ;) 

1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

image.thumb.jpeg.dc72557dac863f7b17405ee

Thanks, Kiwi!  Not sure why pics wouldn't upload the other day, but here it is, Kiwi!  I used green bell pepper, edamame and cauliflower as the vegetables.  The spices are just wonderful!  I could get some of the spices locally, but the masala was ordered from Amazon and shipped from India (which took about a month to arrive).  Luckily, I'll get a few batches of fried rice from the seasoning package before I have to order again. ;) 

That looks so scrumptious, Debbie! I'm mighty glad that you managed to upload the photo! :D Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of edamame. I googled it and it's boiled green soy beans? Sounds yummy! :) MTR's Pav-Bhaji masala happens to be my mom's secret weapon to nail that gorgeous spicy flavour! I know that the masala took a long time to ship, but I get the feeling that it was worth the wait! ;) 

Well, I had something quirky but super yummy for dinner. I call it 'The Great Indian Left Over Feast' B) 

The Indian food connoisseurs will surely turn their noses up at this one! :P 

Oh and if you can't stomach extreme spices, don't even try to make this. 

All it took was some freshly made basmati rice, a little butter (just to adequately wet the rice - don't over do it as too much butter will mask that gorgeous spicy flavour, which is the whole point of this dish!), some pickle (as in Indian pickle) and some good old fashioned milagai podi (translation: Southern Indian style dry red chili chutney). 

IMG_1170.JPG

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^^^No such phrase as 'too much spice' in my vocabulary, hehe. I love me the spices...gotta have cumin.

Second straight day of rain and there is nothing like hot chili on a cold, rainy day. Straight up, Texas-style...no beans, thank you. Add some fresh chopped onions and sour cream.

20160408_112755.thumb.jpg.8552af5ee4d174

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well, I had something quirky but super yummy for dinner. I call it 'The Great Indian Left Over Feast' B) 

The Indian food connoisseurs will surely turn their noses up at this one! :P 

Oh and if you can't stomach extreme spices, don't even try to make this. 

All it took was some freshly made basmati rice, a little butter (just to adequately wet the rice - don't over do it as too much butter will mask that gorgeous spicy flavour, which is the whole point of this dish!), some pickle (as in Indian pickle) and some good old fashioned milagai podi (translation: Southern Indian style dry red chili chutney). 

IMG_1170.JPG

This looks delicious!

Kiwi, the wait for the masala was well worth it! And your spicy rice dish looks delicious! :) 

Strider, while it's too warm here to think about chili, that looks yummy!  I would eat it over a scoop of rice. ;) 

Today was such a beautiful day, perfect weather for a crawfish boil. 

image.thumb.jpg.8e1e59b38789d0ecb72f080d

9 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Kiwi, the wait for the masala was well worth it! And your spicy rice dish looks delicious! :) 

Strider, while it's too warm here to think about chili, that looks yummy!  I would eat it over a scoop of rice. ;) 

Today was such a beautiful day, perfect weather for a crawfish boil. 

image.thumb.jpg.8e1e59b38789d0ecb72f080d

Thanks Debbie! :D 

So, this is the famous craw fish? Wow! I am finally getting to see it pretty up close! The photo looks great! Looks like you've got some very colorful and tasty stuff to eat! B) 

12 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Monday = Red beans and rice at a local restaurant, located along the river.  This little fella was lounging around, maybe he likes red beans and rice, too! ;) 

image.thumb.jpeg.e163dcff7520a93a181a7de

Careful with that river prowler DD.

Spicy I can eat forever - and do.

Lunch today is a more sedate affair for the taste buds.  A pork pie salad