BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

28 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

^^ Thank you, Walter. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully get over David Bowie's passing, for as long as I shall live. 

Here's another song which means A LOT to me. The sooner the awful month of January, 2016 concludes, the better for me!!!

I feel ya, Kiwi.  I can't get over losing Weiland last month.  Even though I knew he'd eventually take himself down.  I keep listening to the music and talking with other fans, etc. Lots of history there for Mrs Walter and I.

Kiwi, I also agree about the horrible month we've had with legendary losses. Here's to a happy February! :toast: 

I've been singing Golden Years all morning while making spaghetti sauce. Such a fun song!

Next up, I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. A great combination, right!? :P 

10 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Kiwi, I also agree about the horrible month we've had with legendary losses. Here's to a happy February! :toast: 

I've been singing Golden Years all morning while making spaghetti sauce. Such a fun song!

Next up, I'm baking chocolate chip cookies. A great combination, right!? :P 

Gosh Debbie, you sure are making me hungry! I love listening to music, while I cook! :D 

Lip those chops ladies and gents it's Asian evening. We have chums over for dinner so when they moor the boat they can enjoy:

Chicken Satay with a spicy peanut sauce

Beef Rendang with Roti, rice and a cucumber salad

Cardamom Kulfi with cashew nuts and a thin almond biscuit

We scored some cheeses but I highly doubt even the most rotund chum could squeeze a slither in

Wines: Always a tricky one with dishes as spicy as these but I have plumped for a Voignier and a Vouvray both from France. I have some Rioja should anyone fancy a red. A fine selection of herb to jolly the evening along. Some green from The Hindu Kush, some Charas from Manali and a bit of Lebanese.

Edited by chillumpuffer

Potato Salad (featuring bits of boiled potatoes, onions, peas, low fat mayonnaise, bits of boiled egg, a pinch of salt, black pepper, paprika powder, bits of pickled cucumber, tabasco sauce and vinegar) surrounded by Doritos, coupled with a few shots of (what turned out to be) an incredibly tame and girly Scotch Whisky.

Blimey! It was as if it was a girly girl's drink. :blink: I like my whisky to have a certain oomph factor! Some spice. Some character. Some peatiness. Some intrigue. Something! Not something which attracts a cheesy pickup line like : Hiya doll face! Would ya like a shot?!

d1fc07db-8113-4664-9116-4a22882e4594_zps

33629d8f-77b5-456e-8ef9-078941e30eb7_zps

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Starting the day off right. If you love ham, make sure you make Nick's Cafe your destination whenever you're in Los Angeles. It's near Chinatown.

20160211_090010.thumb.jpg.b8708c472b425a

20160211_084226.thumb.jpg.fe0e592e31b5ce

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Alligator chili...with extra shakes of Crystal's Louisiana Hot Sauce. Damn good.

20160211_114908.thumb.jpg.6a50e6cb1eb511

Fine dining, right there!  If I get back to L.A., I will be seeking your advice on restaurants!  

...and everything is better with Crystal hot sauce!! 

:thumbsup: 

p.s. Cool avatar! ;) 

3 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Hope you feel better soon, enjoy. If you are dealing with the flu, hope you catch it early. 

Thank you.  I had some ice cream and feel somewhat better now.  Ice cream is magic!! :) 

On 2/11/2016 at 4:37 AM, Strider said:

Alligator chili...with extra shakes of Crystal's Louisiana Hot Sauce. Damn good.

20160211_114908.thumb.jpg.6a50e6cb1eb511

¡Ay, caramba! Alligator????!! Really?! As in the creepy, ugly and scary reptile that sometimes invades people's homes?! :huh:  Damn, Strider! My respect and admiration for you, just grew exponentially! You're kinda bad ass (if you don't mind my saying it!)  :notworthy:Care to appear on the show called Bizarre Foods? ;) 

I thought that my dad was a total bad ass, when he ate a dish at a restaurant in Beijing, whose literal translation in English, was Pig's Brain, but you, sir, have taken it to a whole new level! I applaud you, man! 

Alligator isn't that uncommon, kiwi.  Down here you can find it many places.  Pigs brain, on the other hand, is something I don't see me coming into contact - ever. :blink::lol:  

Had some of Mrs. Walter's homemade banana bread earlier, with coffee - too good! :yesnod: 

20 hours ago, Walter said:

I'm sorry to read this dear.  I hope your better 3 weeks from tonight! ;) 

Thanks Walter!  I'm already feeling a bit better.  Don't worry - I will definitely be totally cured by then!! :D