Hurricane Sandy

Walter

I love the reporters who stand out in the shit....

'I'm now being blown over the Empire State Building and what a view I'm getting!'

But my girlfriend's sister lives in Manhattan and is hunkering down for the storm surge. :^(

To Kris, Esther, SuperDave, Virginia, Sue, Rick, KB, Missy, Patty, Jo, Laura, Walter, and all the other forum members in Sandy's path: Good luck weathering this storm! May you and your families be safe. Crossing my fingers for your safe passage thru the storm...or Frankenstorm as I hear people calling Sandy.

Is that worse than a hurricane?

My heart and prayers are with all of you who are dealing with Sandy. Living in south Louisiana, I truly do feel your pain! I HATE hurricanes!!!!!!! Stay inside, hunker down and do like we do here for hurricanes: drink heavily! In fact we have a name for it, a hurrication! ;-). . . . . But seriously, I hope all of our northeast friends here come out of this unscathed! Love and prayers coming your way!

To Kris, Esther, SuperDave, Virginia, Sue, Rick, KB, Missy, Patty, Jo, Laura, Walter, and all the other forum members in Sandy's path: Good luck weathering this storm! May you and your families be safe. Crossing my fingers for your safe passage thru the storm...or Frankenstorm as I hear people calling Sandy.

Thank you Sean!! Power/internet was out for an hour and a half. It's back now...John is quickly warming up dinner. We'll see how long the lights stay on.

It is kinda scary when it's dark and quiet and all you can hear is...weather...

Thank you! I had to work today for a bit, but was home long before it got really bad here. 80 mi winds. I didn't know I had Gumby trees in my yard! Haha...

Hubby is right now on scene for some arcing wires in someone's yard.

Gonna be a long night.

Good thing I have plenty of pinot!

XO

Thank you; we're fine so far; I worked from home today, as schools were closed (and they're closed again tomorrow). I hope everyone up North will be ok; it looks very scary up there.

Thanks for your well wishes Strider. This one isn't headed my way, but I'm very concerned for our friends further up the Eastern Seaboard.

These storms can turn ugly quick with severe flooding, impassable roads, etc. To those in Sandy's path.....wishing you, your familes, friends, pets a safe passage through this storm and let us know you're okay. Missy

You know what...That photo of the 176th 4 train, is NOT from today. They had a huge water main break about 6 months ago? A year ago? I can see it's sunny, the heavy rain didn't come until night time.

My first thought was..."Not again for 176th and Jerome ave" Someone tried to sneak one in on the internet. lol

Power is back. Lost it all night Worst winds I have ever heard. The cat slept with us. Scared shitless. The roads are in bad shape I hear. State of emergency in Rochester and Buffalo but nothing compared to NY City. My daughter has no power in Hoboken, 650,000 without power in the big apple. I am afraid to see my yard. Too dark still. The sun is just coming up in the East. Later all.

Archived