Hurricane Sandy

Walter

Well, here we go again! Hurricane Sandy is currently southeast of Florida, a category 2 storm with winds of 105 mph. We are feeling some effects in Central Florida, they are calling for 12 foot waves on the Atlantic coast - which is a huge concern for those beaches.

But the biggest concern is for our Zep brothers and sisters in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. The current track that is being presented is for the storm to make landfall in northern New Jersey as a Cat. 1 hurricane on Monday/Tuesday. Plus there is another system that could turn this to a snow maker?!? "Frankenstorm" is a name being used to describe this unusual storm.

Be safe and be prepared everyone!

We're just hoping for a right turn, and not a left. People are running around here like it's the end of the world...

As long as I have enough wine, I'll be okay :)

Best to everyone in the path of the storm!!

Well, here we go again! Hurricane Sandy is currently southeast of Florida, a category 2 storm with winds of 105 mph. We are feeling some effects in Central Florida, they are calling for 12 foot waves on the Atlantic coast - which is a huge concern for those beaches.

But the biggest concern is for our Zep brothers and sisters in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions. The current track that is being presented is for the storm to make landfall in northern New Jersey as a Cat. 1 hurricane on Monday/Tuesday. Plus there is another system that could turn this to a snow maker?!? "Frankenstorm" is a name being used to describe this unusual storm.

Be safe and be prepared everyone!

The concern is growing and even some concern here in western NY. Albany has already postponed events. NY City and Albany may be in harms way. We will get alot of rain Im sure. I am hoping we dont have loss of power.

I'm watching The Weather Channel now; looking at the graphic of the US, the entire state of VA says "loss of power likely". Looks like it will hit land Tuesday, anywhere from northeastern VA to NY. Our Governor declared a state of emergency earlier today in anticipation.

Please be safe everyone; this one looks really scary.

Like Deborah, I'll be keeping up with the latest on this event that one of our local forecasters said will be one to be talked about for many years to come.

Keep yourselves, loved ones and your pets safe. Best to all.

The worst aspect about this storm is that where ever Sandy hits that cold front, it's gonna sit for 24-48 hours while the storm changes direction. That could be a catastrophe for those areas where that occurs. I really hope people inland are paying close attention too. Be safe everyone!

Went to the grocery store last night - they were completely out of water. Oy vey... Fortunately, I wasn't going in for water... They had the stuff I needed, except for bananas (how odd), so I had to settle for just apples.

Got gas on the way home, so now I'm set! I'm really hoping that it's nothing...

Best to all in the path!

I've been in a hurricane, a flood, a terrorist attack, a few tornados, more than one blizzard + ice storm (Fortunately missed the blackout in 2003) but never a Snow-icane. Being without power really sucks but yea for good books to read by candlelight!

NYC is very calm today. Before Irene, the stores were out of almost everything within 6 hours. The good news is the city learned a lot from the Irene preparations (e.g., which evacuation zone one lives in) or maybe it's made everyone too casual because of the hype.

I still managed to pick up 2 cases of water just now. I won't tell you how much wine I got to stock up :)

I have a feeling about this one... everyone in the path-stay safe!

We're just hoping for a right turn, and not a left. People are running around here like it's the end of the world...

As long as I have enough wine, I'll be okay :)

Best to everyone in the path of the storm!!

Fingers crossed for you my dear!

Here in NH we're hunkering down. Maybe if the power gets knocked out the pollsters will have to stop calling....

Looks like it could be super nasty. I bought a generator a few years ago and had the house wired up to it, so it's bearable when we lose power for any extended time.

To everyone else in the path of this beast, stay safe. Check on neighbors that live alone and the elderly if possible!

I'm in southwestern CT. Could be bad here, but probably not as bad as NJ or south shore of Long Island. I'm in a low lying area near a brook. At the bottom of a basin and street. Water funnels down here. Get a lot of water here at times, although my house foundation was raised a few years ago to prevent probs from floods we'll see. It's about 4 feet or so above ground now as opposed to level ground before. Hope for the best, but will be relocating temporarily for a couple of days, til the storm goes thru.

"every big U.S. airline -- including American, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit, United and US Airways -- has already issued flexible travel policies that allow fee-free changes for many passengers ticketed to fly to the Northeast and mid-Atlantic during the next few days."

My mom is in town and was scheduled to fly back to Harrisburg PA on Tuesday. She was able to reschedule her flight and have the fee waved.

Just got off the phone with my daughter in Hoboken NJ. she is all stocked up on candles and supplies. Manhattan is closed tomorrow. The transit system is now closed in the Big Apple. I am in the line of fire come Tue and Wed. The stores here are crazy. My neighbor has already said I can run off his generator if I lose power. I expect we will because it doesnt take much. But dont worry, Ill still be on here to annoy you all. Ha.

Archived