New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Strider, I think nirvana hacked your account.

That's great...then he can share in the workload and allow me more free time away from the forum. He'll have to tighten up his mechanics, though. How does 'nirvana' become 'nirvasna' in the simple act of quoting a post?

;)

A few days a go I saw on Cookie's Led Zep twitter page there is a rumor they would at least start coming out as early as the end of January. If this is true, it would match up perfectly with that, Jimmy's 70th birthday and the Grammy's on 1/26.

A few days a go I saw on Cookie's Led Zep twitter page there is a rumor they would at least start coming out as early as the end of January. If this is true, it would match up perfectly with that, Jimmy's 70th birthday and the Grammy's on 1/26.

The original album was released (in the U.S.) on January 12th, 1969. Perfect anniversary, no?

Like I've discussed elsewhere, it seems unlikely that we'll get a January 2014 release -- less than a month of marketing?

The original album was released (in the U.S.) on January 12th, 1969. Perfect anniversary, no?

Like I've discussed elsewhere, it seems unlikely that we'll get a January 2014 release -- less than a month of marketing?

I guess we will just wait & see. Jimmy is always full of surprises.

FunkyPhantom, re: your post -

The "impatience" (as you call it) comes from these releases first being mentioned over a YEAR ago, and a year later, NADA. We're not talking about creating a brand NEW album, but simply re-mastering the old ones, and adding on additional material. Shouldn't take FOREVER. As for BITCHIN' about it, that what a forum like this is FOR, not simply FAWNING over the artists and their works.

Well I FOR one think that IT is completely reasonable for a huge PROJECT like the remasters to TAKE a year from the very first mentioning of THEM. It's not like THERE was an official statement. Jimmy has just been DROPPING hints until recently. And WE don't have "NADA". In a recent INTERVIEW Jimmy explicitly talked ABOUT an alternate VERSION of SIBLY, and Robert has mentioned that the BAND has been listening to MATERIAL to be included in the BOX sets.

Well I FOR one think that IT is completely reasonable for a huge PROJECT like the remasters to TAKE a year from the very first mentioning of THEM. It's not like THERE was an official statement. Jimmy has just been DROPPING hints until recently. And WE don't have "NADA". In a recent INTERVIEW Jimmy explicitly talked ABOUT an alternate VERSION of SIBLY, and Robert has mentioned that the BAND has been listening to MATERIAL to be included in the BOX sets.

Why are you randomly SHOUTING?

Wouldn't it be cool if the Band recorded new versions of certain songs during the Ahmet Ertegun tribute rehersals?

I have a recording of Jimmy performing For Your Life during a Coverdale/Page soundcheck in Japan, but it's not that cool.

I don't think they had the time or inclination to experiment during the 02 rehearsals.

I have a recording of Jimmy performing For Your Life during a Coverdale/Page soundcheck in Japan, but it's not that cool.

I don't think they had the time or inclination to experiment during the 02 rehearsals.

Probably not although there was a comment from a tech at Shepperton that said once the cameras

recording the rehearsals were shut down the Band did do some loose versions of deeper cuts from the Zep

catalog.

Probably not although there was a comment from a tech at Shepperton that said once the cameras recording the rehearsals were shut down the Band did do some loose versions of deeper cuts from the Zep catalog.

I can accept the rehearsals are somewhat interesting and were released to justify a double-dvd package/pricing, but for any of that material to be used on the 2014 reboot of their back catalog seems highly unlikely to me. You've really outdone yourself with this conspiracy theory!

I can accept the rehearsals are somewhat interesting and were released to justify a double-dvd package/pricing, but for any of that material to be used on the 2014 reboot of their back catalog seems highly unlikely to me. You've really outdone yourself with this conspiracy theory!

Maybe they played those JPJ songs where he sang the lead vocals hahahaha.

Maybe they played those JPJ songs where he sang the lead vocals hahahaha.

The real question is will we see a release of either of the two oft-rumored outtakes, Lost In Space or St. Tristan's Sword.

Personally, I don't believe either exists, or if they do they are actually embryonic/demo recordings of songs already released on the official albums.

If there are loose frameworks of songs, they could be good stuff and would make sense on a companion cd of outtakes. What about instrumentals...there has to be versions without vocals, for alot of the material. I am thinking about that jazz inspired piece off tangible vandalism, where bonham is playing off the high hat, with unrestrained drums, could be a very cool inclusion.

I just think that this project might be all about zep in the studio. If they add 2 or 3 live tracks from shows, after all the alternate studio takes, it might not gel.

We know they got super creative in the studio. If they have any really good covers of early rock, blues, or say a james brown song that they want the world to hear, those could be on there too. The tape had to be rolling, with all four of them in any studio, anytime throughout the years.

Keep in mind what Page and Plant did for the

No Quarter release back in late 90's. They re - worked

Versions of Levee - Nobody's Fault - Hangman - etc.

They have no problem re - working what has been

Released in studio form from the past.

Keep in mind what Page and Plant did for the No Quarter release back in late 90's. They re - worked Versions of Levee - Nobody's Fault - Hangman - etc. They have no problem re-working what has been released in studio form from the past.

But nirvana that was done for a full-fledged recording project/eventual tour with numerous outside musicians brought in. The 02 was a one-off concert for which they originally intended to perform just a 45 minute set. Robert wasn't even there for the majority of rehearsals.

Archived