What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Do you do any traveling there? How are the natives? :)

as much a possible, amazing beauty here...mulling over the next one either to svalbard or the ice hotel in kirkenes for some snowmobiling/sled-dog mushing/crab fishing... you can even don a survival suit and swim in the barents sea...i'd really like to sea the northern lights up there, but it's a crap shoot if that will happen or not...

as far as the norsk go...they are a little tough to get to know, but once you're in, you never get rid of them! i do like their attitude of family life first, work second...3:00...they are outta there...huge difference!

peeking over the troll's tongue at kjerag 2 weeks ago...

n566304403_584480_7325.jpg

partying norwegian style in july...

they have public islands with trampolines, rope courses, ect...

n566304403_523920_616.jpg

as much a possible, amazing beauty here...mulling over the next one either to svalbard or the ice hotel in kirkenes for some snowmobiling/sled-dog mushing/crab fishing... you can even don a survival suit and swim in the barents sea...i'd really like to sea the northern lights up there, but it's a crap shoot if that will happen or not...

as far as the norsk go...they are a little tough to get to know, but once you're in, you never get rid of them! i do like their attitude of family life first, work second...3:00...they are outta there...huge difference!

peeking over the troll's tongue at kjerag 2 weeks ago...

n566304403_584480_7325.jpg

partying norwegian style in july...

they have public islands with trampolines, rope courses, ect...

n566304403_523920_616.jpg

Great Pics Marolyn! WOW.....I have seen the northern lights they are amazing from what I remember. As a kid......I lived in Fairbanks Alaska (I was an airforce brat) and saw them once. I hope you get to see them and everything else that you are looking forward to!

DD

Great Pics Marolyn! WOW.....I have seen the northern lights they are amazing from what I remember. As a kid......I lived in Fairbanks Alaska (I was an airforce brat) and saw them once. I hope you get to see them and everything else that you are looking forward to!

DD

thanks dd..i have seen them many times up in northern minnesota as well, but they were always green...saw an imax production many years ago filmed at an aurora borealis research center in northern norway and it looked unreal, every color of the rainbow...

I have the day off from work today and tomorrow. My child's daycare is closed to prepare for the transition from all day daycare to after school program. So I kinda had to take the time off. So I got the rest of the school shopping done and cleaned the apt up a bit. It needed it...but now it looks nice and inhabitable again. :D

I was at the department store looking at a top, when the most wonderful thing happened.

This father told his son that he was going to get a time-out because he didn't sit where he (the father) told him to.

Here's a bit of what was said:

Dad: I told you to sit there. Now you are going to get a time out

Son: That's where I told you to sit!

Mom: Excuse me, are you talking back?

Dad: No, don't worry, he's going to get a time out when we get home.

It was perfect.

The mother didn't tolerate he son's misbehavior. She supported her husband as he disciplined their son.

Finally parents being PARENTS

I felt like applauding them.

aabdc.jpg

:rolleyes::hysterical:

I got this card yesterday.

just in for a quickie...see ya!

:wave:

aabdc.jpg

:rolleyes::hysterical:

I got this card yesterday.

just in for a quickie...see ya!

:wave:

:lol: That's great!

I was going to post this in the Stones thread but I might as well put it here - it was in an article titled "50 reasons not to fear 50"

KeithRichardsAARP-1.jpg

"Zepcliquette" :D

My friend and I refer to ourselves as former members of the "Zep sorority" ;)