Robert Plant Interview on Australian 60 Minutes This Sunday

Reggie29

It seems like a lot of hype is being given to a new Led Zeppelin tour in 2014, and I'm not saying that he isn't going to say something else in the interview...but last week Robert did a few phone interviews with Australian radio shows and on one he was specifically asked if he could see them getting back together again. He did his usual thing of trying to get the radio host to just not ask but when the question was eventually asked he said very clearly, "Not really. No." Does anyone think that there is actually going to be a huge reveal here or is the 60 Minutes show just trying to make a big ratings pull by hinting about something that is going to turn into another big nothing?

I think he's just promoting his Australian tour.

Okay that's what I figured. I just kept seeing all this..."What's he going to say about 2014" stuff and wondered what people were actually expecting.

Thanks for clearing it up Knebby

Okay that's what I figured. I just kept seeing all this..."What's he going to say about 2014" stuff and wondered what people were actually expecting.

Thanks for clearing it up Knebby

Oh you are very welcome but that's just my impression. I haven't seen it :) x

LOL, he does like to use LZ as a promotion of whatever he is going to do in the near future, to promote it, I can't blame him really, I mean, it's not as if he can sell out Birmingham NEC anymore, or Wembley arena.

Pfft. I doubt he cares about selling out big arenas. And I still do not understand why it's a sin for him to mention or use LZ as a promotion (damned if he mentions them, damned if he doesn't). He WAS in the band last time I checked. I'd like to believe he performs because he simply loves it and even if it's playing to only ten people in a room, it's something he chooses to do.

Its likely to be the same ole type of interview were used to seeing. I enjoy them but many of the questions and responses are like watching re-runs of of ones favorite 70's tv show...Using "Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant" as the promo slogan works for everyone; ratings and sales of units. No matter what Robert does he will always be known first for being the voice of Led Zeppelin. What else could they use, Robert Plant, former top ten vocalist with the hit smash "Big Log?"

LOL, he does like to use LZ as a promotion of whatever he is going to do in the near future, to promote it, I can't blame him really, I mean, it's not as if he can sell out Birmingham NEC anymore, or Wembley arena.

How's he using Zeppelin? It's the TV station who have put the "Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant" tagline on. You haven't seen the interview. Yet here we go again.

I think he doesn't give a monkeys whether he can sell out big arenas or not..He seems to be happy with whatever he's doing and if he wasn't he simply wouldn't do it. Whenever he's talking about Zeppelin he does it in a very affectionate way. It IS a part of his past so he can use however he likes. It's only a PART though, a rather small one compared to the past 30+ years as a solo artist. Give him the freedom to do what he likes and please, dear press, leave him alone with reunion questions. It's getting boring!!

hope his Aussie tour goes well for him- Patty is back here in Austin?

looks like the interviewer is the lady that did the starving polar bears story- ok. hope she has at least heard of Robert Plant more than the snippetts her producers are feeding her. Hope she can find the savvy to at least inquire about his music, his direction, his plans, his enjoyment in life. Bet she asks off camera where the hell is Patty?

hope his Aussie tour goes well for him- Patty is back here in Austin?

looks like the interviewer is the lady that did the starving polar bears story- ok. hope she has at least heard of Robert Plant more than the snippetts her producers are feeding her. Hope she can find the savvy to at least inquire about his music, his direction, his plans, his enjoyment in life. Bet she asks off camera where the hell is Patty?

oh god, it's tara brown. can't stand her. what a pain in the arse she is. terrible interviewer. fingers crossed....

Just finished and a great interview that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

Here is the extended interview and other Robert Plant related available on the 60 Minutes Extra Minutes website, link.

http://sixtyminutes....me=extraminutes

Thanks for the links. I must be clicking something wrong because whenever I click on one of them to see it, nothing pulls up :(

I agree with Reggie. Enjoyable interview covering mainly Zeppelin years, with lots of song clips, plus a little of Alison Krauss and of course the 02 reunion. Plant was friendly, at ease and seemed quite happy to relive his Golden God days. Of course it was cheesey at times, but I thought it was a pretty damn good interview and great to see Robert Plant on our tv screens again.

I did laugh at the end when he told Tara Brown that he was going to put her over his knee if she asked another silly question (or something similar) ..... and she probably wanted him to do just that :lol:

I'd like to watch the interview again, but the 60 Minutes links don't work for me.

I saw the interview & am keen to see the extras but the 60 Minutes site does not show the extras. I am particularly to see the Remastered Kashmir clip from Celebration Day as detailed on the 60 minutes sute as follows ".Watch the remaster video clip of 'Kashmir', which is exclusive to the Extra Minutes site from 'Celebration Day' " .

Has anyone been able to see this yet form the 60 minutes site & describe the difference between it the original from celebration Day.

I am unable to access it.

I agree with Reggie. Enjoyable interview covering mainly Zeppelin years, with lots of song clips, plus a little of Alison Krauss and of course the 02 reunion. Plant was friendly, at ease and seemed quite happy to relive his Golden God days. Of course it was cheesey at times, but I thought it was a pretty damn good interview and great to see Robert Plant on our tv screens again.

I did laugh at the end when he told Tara Brown that he was going to put her over his knee if she asked another silly question (or something similar) ..... and she probably wanted him to do just that :lol:

I'd like to watch the interview again, but the 60 Minutes links don't work for me.

Try it now.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8611122

Archived