Robert Plant Interview on Australian 60 Minutes This Sunday

Reggie29

Thanks for the links Reggie!

I was able to see the 16 minute "Rock God" interview. What a great listen. I almost fell on the floor when he said he has nothing for 2014 and the context it was in ....with him you just never know.

Breaks my heart when the subject of Karac comes up. Then to see Carmen there for a brief second at the interview ...just great and thanks again for sharing:-)

Then when she stated those 5 minute songs that grow to 30 minute guitar & drum solos and audiences loved it...so true!!! Great interview overall IMHO:-)

http://sixtyminutes....madness-gallery

^^ Not sure if this link will work for some:-)

Plant: " I don't understand you- what's the answer to that?"

Note to interviewers- it's ok to play music and cutaways that are not Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven and Kashmir

Great seeing him happy... but why the heck did the interview not include current band members, current music, current woman.... she did a decent job and was definitely star struck. 2014 Capricorns get on it...

Plant: " I don't understand you- what's the answer to that?"

Note to interviewers- it's ok to play music and cutaways that are not Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven and Kashmir

Great seeing him happy... but why the heck did the interview not include current band members, current music, current woman.... she did a decent job and was definitely star struck. 2014 Capricorns get on it...

Honestly the interview didn't include a lot of anything. It was kind of another version of the history of Led Zeppelin like they played at The Kennedy Center Honors with a combined roughly minute and a half of Robert talking about things that have already been talked about. I mean the reporter had to throw in the fact he was touring Australia at the end after the interview was over. I'm not really sure what the point of it was really. Tiny shot of Carmen and a brief moment of Justin Adams, neither mentioned by name. Other than that basically just him sitting around with a giggly reporter.

I agree that it wasn't the most informative/hardest hitting of interviews, but it's always nice to witness more of his infectious wit/sparkle (i.e. Percys_Plant's hilarious signature) . I really liked his comments re: participating in a movement vs. achieving fame.

Thanks to everyone who's been posting links!

Honestly the interview didn't include a lot of anything. It was kind of another version of the history of Led Zeppelin like they played at The Kennedy Center Honors with a combined roughly minute and a half of Robert talking about things that have already been talked about. I mean the reporter had to throw in the fact he was touring Australia at the end after the interview was over. I'm not really sure what the point of it was really. Tiny shot of Carmen and a brief moment of Justin Adams, neither mentioned by name. Other than that basically just him sitting around with a giggly reporter.

have to agree with you. band of joy weren't even mentioned, nor patty ... it was really a story about led zeppelin.

he seemed like he was happy talking about bonzo, why didn't she explore that more? i would have asked him more about his pre-zep and post zep days.

and yeah, why did they keep playing stairway???

5/10

And after watching the interview for the one-millionth time:

1. I would reaaaaaaaaaaaally love to spend a day in this man's company. I'll probably end up in the hospital with a busted gut from laughing so hard. Effortless joy he brings into any conversation, I swear.

2. As already headlined by the title of the video Vana Peer put up, we can already see where Robert's words are going to be grabbed and run into the ground by fans and media alike: "Robert Plant says he's open for anything in 2014?? Could it finally be the year of the Zep??" or "It's Robert's turn to call out to "The Capricorns"! Led Zep Tour 2014 in the works???" Thanks for whetting the appetite with that tease Percy, even though a part of me is sure it will eventually amount to nothing.

3. Loved the little story about Bonzo driving him around the countryside in the limo in an effort to convince him about returning to the band.

4. The interviewer wasn't as bad as one would have thought. Would still like to have seen the extra footage though. She came across as charming and somewhat straightforward (the quip about Robert being the bad guy - something at least 90% of the fandom were thinking!) and had a good time, which is what it's all about. If I wanted a real in-depth interview, I'd go hunting down Charlie Rose to do the deed.

5. Loved seeing Carmen and the grand-son there.

6. Found his reasoning for wanting to become a teacher after the death of Karac quite poignant - wanting to capture the children's growth at that stage in their life; something he must (and probably still) regrets 'til this day.

7. "Hugging steel" at the end there? Oh my. :D

Good interview and quite humorous as always. I know too many people will make too much of him being available in 2014 and ask the capricorns.

Unfortunately, we can't see the extras outside of Australia. Hopefully, someone will post these bits over on YT.

I just watched the 2 Extra's Interviews from 60 Minutes. One is 3.10 minutes, the other is the reporter's discussion, which is 6.16 minutes.

The reporter discussion is Tara Brown's comments about the main interview, which also throws back to clips of the original.

Plant calls Tara Brown a "charmer" ........ but without a doubt, Robert Plant is still THE charmer.

Thanks for the working links Reggie.

I think the 2014 bit, and ask the capricorns ( I'm a capricorn too :-)) means something. he wouldn't say it otherwise.

i just think he was trying to say something like : "hey, it takes all three to agree " which is so right.

on the extras bit, tara talks about the interview on her own. at one point she says " he says if they could come up with some new material, he would be all for it " ( might not be word perfect, but similar ), and she says she doesn't think that will happen though.

sounds like he is indeed saying that if they were all open to writing NEW stuff, something could happen.

I just watched the 2 Extra's Interviews from 60 Minutes. One is 3.10 minutes, the other is the reporter's discussion, which is 6.16 minutes.

The reporter discussion is Tara Brown's comments about the main interview, which also throws back to clips of the original.

Plant calls Tara Brown a "charmer" ........ but without a doubt, Robert Plant is still THE charmer.

Thanks for the working links Reggie.

yes, he is. he was clearly miffed at her asking "silly " questions, and i don't blame him. there were plenty of other things she could have asked besides "why did you throw things out the motel windows ? " ugh.

Thanks Cookie0024. It was nice seeing some of the extra footage and hearing a bit of the reporter's take on meeting him. Of course seemed to me more information about current things was in the six minute segment on Tara Brown's experience interviewing him than on the interview shown. Also it was a bit funny watching her squirming to have to mention "a woman" and I particularly liked that she said the "he kept telling me" a bit under her breath lol. Ah Robert, ever the charmer

I would like to point out even the interviewer, in her state of euphoria at interviewing him, said she didn't really see the Led Zeppelin thing happening and that he was just joking around. I'm not trying to be a downer or anything. I just feel like it goes in circles over and over again all the time. Having said that, this one he has no one to blame for getting started than himself and his sense of humor :peace:

Archived