The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

24 minutes ago, reids said:

R.I.P. Bob Kulick (guitarist w/ Lou Reed, Meatloaf session guitarist for Kiss, etc). He was the brother to former Kiss guitarist (84-96), Bruce Kulick. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/music/kiss-guitarist-bob-kulick-dead-age-70/%3famp=true

R😎

Yes, RIP Bob Kulick. Very respected musician. He and his brother are both great guys. He will be missed! 

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Truly a gentle giant...except for that ten year period of thefts, cocaine possession with intent to deliver, and armed home invasion.

Floyd Criminal Record.jpg

And all the sinners saints..........

On 5/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, Walter said:

RIP George Floyd 

I agree Walter.

Whatever he was suspected of did not warrant the way he was dealt with.  All Americans are entitled to due process. Harvey Weinstein raped women and yet was never treated as badly as Floyd was treated over being suspected of passing a forged note.

If there are cops unwilling to accept that we didn't hire them to act as judge and jury, then they ought to find a different line of work. Those cops only make the job harder for good cops--- and look at what the result of their bad acts cause.

I am equally outraged at how George Floyd was treated as I am with the rioters who are destroying businesses and attacking police and fire fighters.

You know what I find interesting, the cities where the cops are standing WITH the protesters, where they are taking off their riot gear, mingling and talking with the people...no looting or rioting. Hmm, go figure, its almost like when the cops respect and serve the community, everything turns out fine, the people feel their voices are finally being heard.

So, we can approach this through the tried and failed method of gearing up, strapping up, and going into riot control formations resulting in riots, looting, beatings etc. with the whole process starting up again when another black person is murdered. Or, we can take the lesson these fine, well trained police officers are giving us by throwing off their egos and power trips and simply standing with the people, empathizing with the community, and being decent human beings in general and thus stopping the violence. Let's see which prevails, the better angels of our nature, or the beast within.

2 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

It's also interesting that the cities where the looting arson and assaults are taking place are liberal bastions that are governed by liberal Democrats.

I think you know better than that post. It does not matter who runs the state or city, it only matters who runs the police force and how they train and handle their officers. NYC is a perfect example of that, DeBlasio is HATED by the cops and the chief of Police makes his position toward DeBlasio very clear. It is crazy the amount of power the police force has over a community, including the local government. They can do whatever they want and if the mayor or governor tries to go against them or remove them, they just pull the old "blue flu" routine which is their way of telling said governor or mayor, "ok, you want to be a big guy, fine, YOU police the city, my officers have all suddenly come down with the flu and it is a strain very susceptible to government interference.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

It's also interesting that the cities where the looting arson and assaults are taking place are liberal bastions that are governed by liberal Democrats.

Wouldn't that be just about every city in the country? Seems like it.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

You know what I find interesting, the cities where the cops are standing WITH the protesters, where they are taking off their riot gear, mingling and talking with the people...no looting or rioting. Hmm, go figure, its almost like when the cops respect and serve the community, everything turns out fine, the people feel their voices are finally being heard.

I think you are perhaps mistaken. To my knowledge there have been only a couple of instances of this happening. In the first, it was County Sheriff who did so. Country Sheriffs are ELECTED by the communities they serve. In the second, it was an inner-city police department that knelt for a moment with protestors, NOT rioters, and it only happened because there was a pastor there who was beseeching both sides to do so.

51 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

It does not matter who runs the state or city, it only matters who runs the police force.

Let me educate you. Who do you think the City Police Chief reports to? The Mayor. Who do you think the State Police report to? The Governor.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I think you are perhaps mistaken. To my knowledge there have been only a couple of instances of this happening. In the first, it was County Sheriff who did so. Country Sheriffs are ELECTED by the communities they serve. In the second, it was an inner-city police department that knelt for a moment with protestors, NOT rioters, and it only happened because there was a pastor there who was beseeching both sides to do so.

Let me educate you. Who do you think the City Police Chief reports to? The Mayor. Who do you think the State Police report to? The Governor.

Again Steve, tell that to Mayor DeBlasio as the police commissioner of NYC has come out, publicly against him and even somewhat threatened him on more than one occasion. In a perfect world what you say would be the case, however if the force supports the chief / commissioner as well as the union, there is not a thing the mayor or even governor can do unless they plan on putting on a uniform and policing the whole city by themselves.

My whole point is when the police act like they are part of the community, instead of against the community, they get positive results. There were no riots in those cities because the police did not approach the protestors as enemies, but instead as neighbors. All these people want is to know their fears and concerns are being addressed, that police are just as accountable as those without a badge and the proof this works is all over the news.

I know you believe in personal responsibility as do I, I also understand when people are treated like crap and nothing is being done, they will want to destroy shit, that is just human nature. I feel violence, riot, looting are never the answer, and as I said before it hurts the cause, never helps it. Its hard though to tell a group to protest peacefully, to engage in positive civil disobedience, but when they see the leaders of the non-violent movements being murdered and assassinated it make it kinda hard to take the high road.

3 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

There were no riots in those cities because the police did not approach the protestors as enemies, but instead as neighbors.

I know you believe in personal responsibility as do I, I also understand when people are treated like crap and nothing is being done, they will want to destroy shit, that is just human nature. I feel violence, riot, looting are never the answer, and as I said before it hurts the cause, never helps it. Its hard though to tell a group to protest peacefully, to engage in positive civil disobedience, but when they see the leaders of the non-violent movements being murdered and assassinated it make it kinda hard to take the high road.

There were no riots in those predominantly white SUBURBS because that's where Big Hoss lives. Guys who will put two in your rampaging chest, close the front door and sleep that night like a baby.

Can we drop this murder and assassination of black non-violent movement leaders canard? I can't think of one in the last 50 years. King's dream died with King, and he was no saint either. All we have seen since is an endless succession of race hustlers and agitators. The proof is in the pudding. 

15 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I think you know better than that post. It does not matter who runs the state or city, it only matters who runs the police force and how they train and handle their officers. NYC is a perfect example of that, DeBlasio is HATED by the cops and the chief of Police makes his position toward DeBlasio very clear. It is crazy the amount of power the police force has over a community, including the local government. They can do whatever they want and if the mayor or governor tries to go against them or remove them, they just pull the old "blue flu" routine which is their way of telling said governor or mayor, "ok, you want to be a big guy, fine, YOU police the city, my officers have all suddenly come down with the flu and it is a strain very susceptible to government interference.

New York’s current mayor has never been on friendly terms with New York’s finest. The strained relationship dates back to de Blasio’s campaign, when he pledged to reform the city’s stop-and-frisk practices, which the police credited for a decrease in crime but detractors decry as institutionalized racial profiling. The promise, along with de Blasio’s own mixed-race family and his outreach to black communities, helped him win 42% of the African-American vote in a crowded Democratic primary that featured an experienced black candidate, former city comptroller Bill Thompson.

De Blasio tried to couch his opposition to stop-and-frisk as a criticism of a practice championed by outgoing mayor Michael Bloomberg, not of the officers carrying it out. And de Blasio has not departed from the policy of “broken windows” policing, which targets low-level street offenses as a way to prevent more serious crimes. But New York’ police force, who were celebrated for their heroic response to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and lionized by non-liberal mayors for two decades, have bristled at his perceived slights. “Quite frankly, the mayor ran an anti-police campaign,” former police commissioner Ray Kelly told ABC on Sunday.

12 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I also understand when people are treated like crap and nothing is being done, they will want to destroy shit, that is just human nature. 

You don't see protesters in Hong Kong looting and destroying businesses though and they have been treated much worse by police brutality.  Unlike the ones here, they realize it would make their situation exponentially worse.   So RIP Common Sense for these idiotic looting and rioting thugs ffs.

Edited by cryingbluerain

All I can say is they are lucky I'm not mayor of a major city.  One minute after curfew time I'd have the street lined with snowplows barreling down the street at 40 mph to clean the debris away....that includes the looters, rioters and arsonists!

These are NOT your parents peace-lovin' hippie protests:

In Las Vegas, an officer responding to a looting incident was reportedly shot in the head early Tuesday after exchanging gunfire with an angry mob, according to several Nevada news sources. County Sheriff Joe Lombardo told the Las Vegas Review Journal that the officer survived. “He is in extremely critical condition on life support,” Lombardo said “This is a sad night for our LVMPD family and a tragic night for our community.”

Two police officers in Richmond, Virginia, and a third person were reportedly shot during clashes early Tuesday morning. Their condition is unclear.

Late Monday night, video of a police officer apparently being run over by an SUV in the Bronx went viral. In the video, which has not been verified by The Daily Beast, an officer is struck by a speeding SUV and left in the middle of an intersection. Moments later, a New York City Police Department vehicle arrives and puts the officer, whose condition is unknown, in the back.

In Buffalo, two officers were deliberately targeted by a car in front of the E District police station. New York State Police confirmed to the media that one was a trooper and the other a Buffalo Police officer. Both were taken to the Erie County Medical Center. Both have serious injuries and are in stable condition, according to WTHR News.

Posts on social media also captured a fallen officer on Madison Avenue in New York. Details and the circumstances of that officer’s condition are unknown.

The New York City Sergeant’s Benevolent Association tweeted a photo of an officer being attacked by two looters in the Bronx late Monday night. The officer survived that incident and pulled his weapon after the perpetrators ran off, but did not appear to retaliate.

Early Monday morning, another officer was rammed by an SUV as he tried to make an arrest after giving chase to looters. Video of that incident posted by New York Daily News shows an SUV with Wisconsin license plates speeding away after the hit and run. That officer was taken to Bellevue Hospital and remains in stable condition.

Elsewhere, four police officers were shot in downtown St. Louis after a gunfight erupted as they tried to disperse violent crowds with tear gas and flash bangs.

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

You don't see protesters in Hong Kong looting and destroying businesses though and they have been treated much worse by police brutality.  Unlike the ones here, they realize it would make their situation exponentially worse.   So RIP Common Sense for these idiotic looting and rioting thugs ffs.

The Hong Kong protesters were not brought there, by force, 400 years ago. They were never enslaved. There was never systemic, institutionalized programs and laws placed against them etc. You cannot compare the Hong Kong protesters who have only recently become the victims of PRC crackdowns to the black experience in America. Also, you are wrong about the Hong Kong protesters as they have indeed been rioting and looting:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1190110.shtml

and here is a golden oldie from  when Hong Kong was still a UK territory (1984):

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/01/15/world/hong-kong-shaken-by-a-night-of-rioting-and-looting.html

Sports Illustrated is reporting that former Utah Utes star quarterback Lee Grosscup has died. He was 83 years old. A cause of death has not been reported.

Grosscup was one of the best quarterbacks in college football during his time with the Utes. He completed 68 percent of his passes for 1,398 yards and 10 touchdowns during his junior season in 1957. Grosscup was named a first-team All-American that season.