Actors who are not among US

kingzoso

Who are your 5 or 10 favorite actors who are no longer living that you will always admire and respect?

For me it would have to be:

1. James Gandolfini

2. John Cazale (Fredo)

3. Richard Pryor

4. John Belushi

5. Paul Newman

6. Bruno Kirby (the young Clemenza from GF II)

7. Marlon Brando

8. Charles Durning (a WWII veteran and a great actor)

9. Christopher Reeves (Superman)...

Edited to add: This topic is DEDICATED to James Gandolfini and all the other Great Actors and Actresses that are no longer alive and that I failed to list.

Obviously there is no Wrong answer, as We all Love different actors and actresses for a variety of different reasons. Any and all posts are welcome.

Who are your 5 or 10 favorite actors who are no longer living that you will always admire and respect? For me it would have to be: 1. James Gandolfini2. John Cazale (Fredo)3. Richard Pryor4. John Belushi5. Paul Newman6. Bruno Kirby (the young Clemenza from GF II)7. Marlon Brando8. Charles Durning (a WWII veteran and a great actor)9. Christopher Reeves (Superman)... Edited to add: This topic is DEDICATED to James Gandolfini and all the other Great Actors and Actresses that are no longer alive and that I failed to list. Obviously there is no Wrong answer, as We all Love different actors and actresses for a variety of different reasons. Any and all posts are welcome.

I was in Taormina the morning he was due to speak at the Film Festival. There was a very eerie feeling around the town. R.I.P..

Some of my all-time favorite actors who are no longer with us, but on film:

Rodney Dangerfield

Carroll O'Connor

Fred Gwynn

Heath Ledger

James Gandolfini

As for the ladies...

Audrey Hepburn

Katharine Hepburn

Jean Stapelton

Farah Fawcett

Barbara Billingsley

Interesting question and even more interesting responses. Brought up some unexpected feelings and memories.

Paul Newman

John Wayne

Heath Ledger

John Candy

Leslie Nielsen

Very nice (actually very sad), however, I completely forgot all about Heath Ledger. Another amazing actor who died way too soon. I remember when I heard he had died, I was in shock but not as much as I was (am) about hearing of James Gandolfini's death.

Clark Gable

Carole Lombard

Eugene Pallette

Leslie Howard

Bette Davis

Maxie Rosenbloom

Bela Lugosi

Boris Karloff

Frank Sinatra

Faye Wray

James Cagney

The Marx Brothers

Jean Harlow

Douglas Fairbanks

And so many others.

Clark Gable

Carole Lombard

Eugene Pallette

Leslie Howard

Bette Davis

Maxie Rosenbloom

Bela Lugosi

Boris Karloff

Frank Sinatra

Faye Wray

James Cagney

The Marx Brothers

Jean Harlow

Douglas Fairbanks

And so many others.

I thought about people like Sinatra, Elvis, Crosby and others but I enjoyed them so much more for their music (as did most people) that I didn't count them. I probably should have though.

Bruce Lee

Steve McQueen

Charles Bronson

Roy Scheider

Anthony Perkins

Holy Shit!!!

I was outside smoking (a Marlboro) just now and thinking about this topic I started and I realized that I forgot (again and again and again), about Charlie Bronson and Roy Scheider. I was about to post these two great and gone actors when I saw that you had posted them just within the past hour or so. Now that I realize it, how could I leave off Lee Marvin.

Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson were about the only ones who survived the assault on the high-ranking Nazis at that chateau in the Dirty Dozen.

Roy Scheider in the French Connection, Jaws (1 and 2), 52 Pick-Up, etc...

I would like to say that I admire and respect all the choices that everyone has given so far. Like I said, there are NO wrong answers to this topic. I would just like to try and keep the Memory of all these great actors and actresses who are no longer with US alive and well.

I thought about people like Sinatra, Elvis, Crosby and others but I enjoyed them so much more for their music (as did most people) that I didn't count them. I probably should have though.

Sinatra in 'From Here To Eternity'

:^)

This list would be very long.

Steve McQueen

Vivian Leigh

Gene Tierney

Marlon Brando

Clark Gable

Paul Newman

Judy Garland

Donna Reed

Jimmy Stewart

Al Lettieri

Laurel and Hardy

Jackie Gleason

Art Carnie

Patrick Swayze

Errol Flynn

Ernest Borgnine

Old Blue eyes

Elizabeth Montgomery

Burt Lancaster

Charles Bronson

Lee Marvin

and so many more

Obviously there's so many to choose from.. i'll keep it to 5 actors and 5 actresses..

Charlie Chaplin - The greatest, most important actor in the history of Motion Pictures.

Chaplin took slapstick comedy to a whole different level.

Carroll O'Connor The greatest Actor on television.

John Cazale (excellent pick kingzoso) - This man was only in 5 films in his short life..

The Godfather, The Godfather Part 2, The Conversation, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter

Nobody else has a resume that can compare to that... Not DeNiro, Brando or Pacino ... 5 masterpieces ... Not a clunker in the bunch..

Lon Chaney Sr. - The Man of a Thousand Faces. Someone so dedicated to his craft he would undergo incredible discomfort and pain to create his characters .. Chaney wore a 70 lb harness on his back when he played The Hunchback..

Heath Ledger - His Joker was the greatest villain ever.. DWon best supporting actor for playing The Joker.. that's pretty impressive. Died way too young

Fay Wray - Beauty, Not the greatest actress, but one of the most beautiful women to ever appear on screen.

I'll bet I've seen King Kong 200 times in my life..

Natalie Wood - Incredible in every way.. I hope someone comes clean about what really happened to her..

Marilyn Monroe - Incredible in every way.. I hope someone comes clean about what really happened to her..

Judy Garland - Amazing, sweet, incredible voice, and starred in one the greatest films of all time.

Absolute tragic and sad end for someone that still makes so many millions happy.

Brittany Murphy - I was really sad when she passed away. What a beautiful, talented young woman.. such a shame

Who are your 5 or 10 favorite actors who are no longer living that you will always admire and respect?

Archived