"Sometime during their last sold-out concert at Madison Square Garden in 1973, more than $200,000 was stolen from Led Zeppelin's safety deposit box at the Drake Hotel. The money has never been found. Til now."

The rumors are true. "Fleecing Led Zeppelin" is coming.

We're making a film inspired by one of the greatest rock n roll heists of all time.

But we need your help to finish the movie.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fleecing-led-zeppelin/x/1629401

We've got 35 days to go to reach our goal.

So, who wants to make a Led Zeppelin movie then?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fleecing-led-zeppelin/x/1629401

Well.

They've cast some fabulous actors, they say. Who exactly ? Have they cast them on the back of an envelope or in real life?

And they've got a bit of support (er, $3000 + worth ... ) with their fundraising.

And their script promises to "crackle with snappy dialogue". Good plan.

There's nothing to say they have the endorsement of Led Zeppelin. In fact you'd probably have to be VERY close friends with all three to win their support for a movie called "Fleecing Led Zeppelin" .. ( suppose the Pythons might manage it ). So, looks a little like no Zep soundtrack on a movie which surely wouldn't make sense without one.

I would rather not be so mean to them. And probably would be more generous if they weren't bigging themselves up as the darlings of multiple Film Festivals.

This may turn out to be a quiet little movie that's a bit of a laugh. Good luck to them if that's the plan. But I'm not sure this pitch of theirs is helping them !

:goodpost: Great post from somebody who knows what they are talking about.

Well.

They've cast some fabulous actors, they say. Who exactly ? Have they cast them on the back of an envelope or in real life?

And they've got a bit of support (er, $3000 + worth ... ) with their fundraising.

And their script promises to "crackle with snappy dialogue". Good plan.

There's nothing to say they have the endorsement of Led Zeppelin. In fact you'd probably have to be VERY close friends with all three to win their support for a movie called "Fleecing Led Zeppelin" .. ( suppose the Pythons might manage it ). So, looks a little like no Zep soundtrack on a movie which surely wouldn't make sense without one.

I would rather not be so mean to them. And probably would be more generous if they weren't bigging themselves up as the darlings of multiple Film Festivals.

This may turn out to be a quiet little movie that's a bit of a laugh. Good luck to them if that's the plan. But I'm not sure this pitch of theirs is helping them !

I can see where a fictionalized account of the robbery might work as an independent feature film and imagine it would be something along the lines of Detroit Rock City. However, unlike that film I don't see this one securing the involvement, rights and permission of the principle artists involved. Imposition of a 35 day deadline suggests the film makers don't have much hope for this cause and/have other projects to pursue.

Any chance of a synopsis of the film, and crowdfunding usually means the project has run out of money or your safe deposit has been robbed too!

Good luck with the project, "fund first.film later" ......is a good motto.

Interesting concept and storyline. Wish them success.

IMHO, it was the mob with inside help from the hotel staff. . Opening fantasy sequence of TSRTS says a lot where Peter Grant and Richard Cole are basically handing their revenge against the "mobsters" .

Good luck to Fleecing Led Zeppelin

Archived