2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Dude, I just walked out of the Tampa 90 evening heat and into our hotel room - I figured Rick would be howling if the game was on. We have just turned on the nationwide race from Charlotte. The Walter family have our priorities and racing is #1! Thanks for the info!

:peace:

Man, a couple on MLB have said these may be the best two bullpens in the HISTORY OF BASEBALL!!!!! That is a statement

Not last night and not from what I saw. Bullpens are supposed to save games, not give up two homeruns in the top of the 10th inning to a team such as the Kansas City Royals who are more known for their base runners and not their homerun hitters.

Your Orioles came back to make it an interesting game but the Orioles and their "greatest bullpen of all-time" failed to save the game and blew the game. To be Honest, I can not name one Oriole by name except for Nelson Cruz, the same Nelson Cruz who was with the Texas Rangers and was suspended for 50 game because he was an admitted "doper" and lied about his "junkie" habits.

Oh for God's sake don't start posting like that other guy on here with his nit picking. I KNOW ITS ON THE FUCKING BAY. Its salt water and Alcatraz is there as is the Golden Gate Bridge. Over 2000 have jumped off that bridge. Maybe you should give it a try?

If I am the "other guy on here with his nit picking" that you are referring too, so be it. I, and many others, see and realize that you are the number one fan of the Baltimore Orioles and you post A LOT of shit that you claim that seem to suggest that the Orioles are and have been the greatest baseball team ever. Need I remind you of the last time the Orioles won the World Series? 31 years ago (1983)

The last time the Saint Louis Cardinals won the World Series was 3 years ago (2011). The last time the Saint Louis Cardinals were in the World Series was last year (2013) and lost the series to the Boston Red Sox.

I will and proudly say that I would consider a trip to the World Series, despite a loss, is way better than a team that has made it to and won the WS over 31 years ago. I simply bring up the recent Past of the Saint Louis Cardinals and Their 4 trips to the National League Championship Series for the past 4 YEARS IN A ROW, because the Cardinals have, been and will always be a World Class Caliber Baseball Team. For Years and Decades to come.

I will go so as far to say, that even if the MIGHTY SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS happen to succumb to the San Francisco Giants, I WILL ALWAYS BE A PROUD AND LOYAL SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS FANATIC!!!

I AM A REALIST AND I REALIZE THAT THE SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS CANNOT WIN THE WORLD SERIES YEAR AFTER YEAR. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE A BETTER CHANCE THEN MOST TEAMS. THE CARDINALS ARE A TEAM THAT OTHER TEAMS HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT. THAT INCLUDES THE BALTIMORE ORIOLES AND THE SAN FRANSICO GIANTS.

Anyone else notice that the person who seems to post the most on this topic is MIA since his team lost the first game in the ALCS? We all know that if the Orioles had won last nights game, he would have posted the second the last out was made how the Orioles are going to sweep the Kansas City Royals and how the Baltimore Orioles are the greatest team of all-time.

Maybe he went to San Francisco and jumped off the Golden Gate bridge, like he suggested redrum do (which was not a cool thing to say to a fellow Led Zeppelin and Baseball fan, in My opinion).

Anyone else notice that the person who seems to post the most on this topic is MIA since his team lost the first game in the ALCS? We all know that if the Orioles had won last nights game, he would have posted the second the last out was made how the Orioles are going to sweep the Kansas City Royals and how the Baltimore Orioles are the greatest team of all-time.

Maybe he went to San Francisco and jumped off the Golden Gate bridge, like he suggested redrum do (which was not a cool thing to say to a fellow Led Zeppelin and Baseball fan, in My opinion).

I don't get it either. I never intentionally antagonized him.

I was at work so I did not get to see one minute of the Cardinals/Giants game but I followed the game on my phone. Giants 3 - Cardinals 0. That sucks for Me and the Cardinals but I am not worried. It is only the first game and I expect this series to probably (and hopefully) go all 7 game with the Saint Louis Cardinals as the final Victors.

I am not as freaked out about this as LedZeppFan77 is probably about his beloved Orioles. The team with the most homeruns and the "best bullpen in the history of baseball". Now the Orioles have to play the next two/three games in KC in front of the hungriest fan base at the moment. The Royals fans have waited 29 years for this.

Anybody heard from him lately? He has not been on this topic since the Orioles first loss the other day. He usually posts in this topic about every hour hyping up the Orioles.

GO CARDINALS!!!

It is a good thing I don't make a living being a sports prognosticator...because I wouldn't have my job very long. The light-hitting Kansas City Royals suddenly turn into home run mashers against the vaunted Baltimore bull-pun?

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on here?!?

Glad you had some good food to help digest that terrible loss, ebk. Don't know what Buck can do at this point to turn things around. You gotta go with the things that got the Os this far...a leopard can't change spots overnight.

It is a good thing I don't make a living being a sports prognosticator...because I wouldn't have my job very long. The light-hitting Kansas City Royals suddenly turn into home run mashers against the vaunted Baltimore bull-pun?

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is going on here?!?

Glad you had some good food to help digest that terrible loss, ebk. Don't know what Buck can do at this point to turn things around. You gotta go with the things that got the Os this far...a leopard can't change spots overnight.

I like our pitching matchup tomorrow and the fact they go on the road. Its always better to solve your problems on the road. There are two things killing us other than the starters. No Machado. Many of those were outs with him in there. Flaherty is a huge step down. With Glove and bat. also, Buck should know better. Two men on base, second and third, and one out. Left handed batter and their best, Gordon. YOU FUCKING WALK HIM TO HAVE A CHANCE AT DOUBLE PLAY AND THE FORCE OUT AT ANY BASE YOU DUMB ASS. Ubelievable the decisions he made. Not like him. STUPID. Give Chen the fucking ball. Left handed pitcher. Miller has shut them down completely. Jones is the other asshole in all of this. Bases loaded and he strikes out on 3 balls in the dirt. Not even tricky. They were heading for the plate. Just terrible plate presence. If they win tomorrow, they can still win this IMO, because they are light years better in talent. But they do miss Machado, Wieters and Davis at this crucial time. The catchers have gone south. And Flaherty and Buck are at odds. Maybe they should put Kellie Johnson or Paredes in tomorrow.

How about them Saint Louis Cardinals. Tied the series with a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning with the lead off batter Kolten Wong. If the Cardinals would have lost this game and travel to San Francisco down 2 games, I would be a little nervous about that, however, that is not the case. I have a good feeling that the Cardinals can win one or two games in San Fran. I would love to see the Cardinals wrap up this series in California, but if that does not happen then I would really love to see the Redbirds win the series and advance to the 2014 World Series at Busch Stadium, in front of the Greatest fans in the Major Leagues.

For all the hype that has been given to the Baltimore Orioles from some on this forum and from some professionals, it seems like the Orioles great season might end in the last place most people would have imagined: Kansas City, Missouri.

Being a former resident of the Great State of Missouri, I would like to see an I-70 series. A repeat of the 1985 World Series, with a different outcome from that series. 29 years later the tough and formidable Saint Louis Cardinals emerge as the 2014 Major League Baseball Champions.

GO CARDINALS!!!

I want to see the Kansas City Royals dominate and humiliate the Baltimore Orioles in the next 2 or 3 games that are to be played in Kansas City. Mainly because I would like a KC Royals and the StL. Cardinals play a World Series between these two Missouri teams. With the obvious advantage going to the Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals.

Besides that, I would like to see the way too and much over-fucking hyped and supposedly dominant Baltimore Orioles go back to Baltimore with a 2014 ALCS record of 0-4. I think that the Royals are going to "seek and destroy" the Orioles this series.

If the Orioles do indeed fail and choke this year, I think that it will be another 32 years before the Orioles again make a serious run for the World Series. In that 32 years, I will speculate that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make it to the NLCS and the World Series at least, 25 of those years. That is pure speculation on My part, but that is also going with the most recent (and future) successes of the Mighty and most Formidable of the Best Team Ever in the National League (and this is a FACT and not MY opinion). If you do not believe Me, look it up.

GO CARDINALS!!! ... AND GO ROYALS!!!

Edited to add: Does anyone really think that the Orioles are, and have been, the better team then the Saint Louis Cardinals? This year and over the past 32 years? Do I have to spell out and pronounce the same facts that I have been saying before. If I do, I suggest that you do the research and see for your unbelieving eyes which team has the most National League Championships and the Second Most World Series Wins in the Entire History of the Game.

I will give you a major hint: it is NOT the Baltimore Orioles and will NEVER be the Baltimore Orioles.

I want to see the Kansas City Royals dominate and humiliate the Baltimore Orioles in the next 2 or 3 games that are to be played in Kansas City. Mainly because I would like a KC Royals and the StL. Cardinals play a World Series between these two Missouri teams. With the obvious advantage going to the Mighty Saint Louis Cardinals.

Besides that, I would like to see the way too and much over-fucking hyped and supposedly dominant Baltimore Orioles go back to Baltimore with a 2014 ALCS record of 0-4. I think that the Royals are going to "seek and destroy" the Orioles this series.

If the Orioles do indeed fail and choke this year, I think that it will be another 32 years before the Orioles again make a serious run for the World Series. In that 32 years, I will speculate that the Saint Louis Cardinals will make it to the NLCS and the World Series at least, 25 of those years. That is pure speculation on My part, but that is also going with the most recent (and future) successes of the Mighty and most Formidable of the Best Team Ever in the National League (and this is a FACT and not MY opinion). If you do not believe Me, look it up.

GO CARDINALS!!! ... AND GO ROYALS!!!

Edited to add: Does anyone really think that the Orioles are, and have been, the better team then the Saint Louis Cardinals? This year and over the past 32 years? Do I have to spell out and pronounce the same facts that I have been saying before. If I do, I suggest that you do the research and see for your unbelieving eyes which team has the most National League Championships and the Second Most World Series Wins in the Entire History of the Game.

I will give you a major hint: it is NOT the Baltimore Orioles and will NEVER be the Baltimore Orioles.

Comments from the peanut gallery?

Go Giants!! :)

Archived