2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

I'm cheering for Germany to lose as much as I am for Brazil. There is something about the German team which rubs me the wrong way.

Well it may be a long World Cup for you. But it could wind up being the Netherlands that brings you some cheer? Maybe the Dutch will play either Brazil or Germany in the final rounds? I certainly think those three will have a big say. I am hoping England bounces back strong and beats the remaining two opponents to get through. So maybe we need Costa Rica and Uruguay to lose to Italy? I think if England wins both games remaining they are in? Italy really sucked out that game. I am still pissed. I am not sure how good Argentina really are? Maybe Chile is better than people think? I want to see what happens here with Nigeria and then the USA later. I sure hope that the US can beat Ghana.Nigeria just missed. They are dressed like Leprichans.

A little wound up today, Rick?!? Glad to see you're feeling alright!!! :)

U-S-A.....U-S-A!!!

I am not feeling ok but its a nice distraction. This has the blood flowing. Great start. Go USA

If somehow we can hold on and win this game, Portugal is shellshocked with how badly Germany beat them. We cannot beat Germany. But we can give Portugal hell. Maybe even a draw and a win is not impossible. But first, we must win this

I am not feeling ok but its a nice distraction. This has the blood flowing. Great start. Go USA

If somehow we can hold on and win this game, Portugal is shellshocked with how badly Germany beat them. We cannot beat Germany. But we can give Portugal hell. Maybe even a draw and a win is not impossible. But first, we must win this

That was a hell of a game. We need to work on keeping possession and our passing if we want to advance though. This whole cup has been pretty damn entertaining. USA! USA! USA!

Great win by Germany! And the USA!

Hope the media and fans don't blow this out of proportion now and expect the US to contend for the championship. Beating Ghana is one thing...beating Deutschland quite another. If the US can get a draw versus Portugal, then they should be able to move on from Group Play.

But the win aside, the US suffered some crucial injuries and even before the injuries, showed an inability to possess the ball and frittered away several scoring possibilities through sloppy passing and/or poor positioning.

With Ireland not even qualified (AGAIN), I have to resort to my other fallback team should the US not make it through.

Deutschland über alles!

I like the Orange too! Reswati should be high as a kite over Amsterdam.

Personally, I am rooting for Germany to win it all! I just love watching them play!! But that being said, I wasn't expecting them to literally thrash Portugal the way they did!

I was also rooting for Brazil, initially, but after their performance against Croatia, well, I am not so sure now...yes, they won 3 goals to 1, but that's beside the point. Their 'defense' was iffy (if you ask me). I guess it's all up to the younger players like Neymar now!

Another team which I really like is the Netherlands! And yes, I did like the fact that they totally kicked Spain's ass! Although, I did expect Spain to put up more of a fight!

A match which I really enjoyed watching was the one between England and Italy! That match really had me on the edge of my seat!

Cheering on Mexico in next game, and I want to see South Korea destroy Russia, Belgium is one that I'm not really cheering for one way or the other

Me too! I'm not favouring Brazil any more! I don't have much faith as far as their defense is concerned. My dad has declared them to be pretty "overrated"! I don't think I'll make that dramatic a declaration, but I sure ain't a fan no more!

Also, I must admit that I was cheering Algeria on during their match against Belgium! It is nice to support an underdog team for once! :)

I'm shocked at the number of Germany fans around, I can't wrap my head around that at all

It's like this, CJW...being born in the U.S., I naturally cheer for the U.S. But I am also of Irish heritage, so I support Ireland's national team when I can...no concern this year as they didn't qualify for the World Cup. My soft spot for Germany comes from the three years I spent there in the 1980s...a glorious time of my life, frolicking among the Fräuleins.

Not that I didn't have fun in other European countries, but Deutschland war wunderbar!

What are the Dutch going to do to Australia tomorrow? Could get ugly

If recent form / history is a guide, The Netherlands will lose.

They have never defeated Australia, however, that could change tomorrow and if that's the case there'll only be a goal or two in it.

The pressure is on the Dutch to repeat the result of the game against Spain and no-one expects Australia to win.

Being underdogs, we love it!

Write us off by all means.

I'm shocked what happened to Spain, didn't see that one at all

Just wait until this evening Chalks. Maybe, just maybe, it is our time. Come on England. Keep the ball, pass well and believe the result will be right. England to win 2-0

Just wait until this evening Chalks. Maybe, just maybe, it is our time. Come on England. Keep the ball, pass well and believe the result will be right. England to win 2-0

Chill,

Today is the day that ENGLAND will once again stand up and be counted. It will go down in history as one of the great British moments!

Archived