Well I agree with #1!

Anjin-san

I've always argued that the Beatles were not the best band ever, but 11 better ?.....that's quite a stretch. Lennon & MacCartney were the best pop songwriting team ever....I don't know how anyone could even begin to dispute that (but surely someone will). Comparing bands from different eras and genres is next to impossible.....and where's Bachman Turner Overdrive on that list ? :hysterical:

I barely trust Fox with the news...I'm certainly not trusting them with music. Eleven bands better than the Beatles? Sounds like a desperate ploy to generate web traffic...witness the pleading at the end for people to write back. Of course with this Sunday being the 50th anniversary of the Beatles Ed Sullivan Show appearance, anything with Beatles in the title is going to get noticed.

Cecil., you are so right...there are far too many lists. It's endless and endlessly annoying and cheap journalism. Actually, it doesn't even warrant the word 'journalism'. A robot could create these lists.

Slightly sad but not surprised at all the people unaware of the Replacements. They ceased to exist around 1991, and their last truly good album was in 1987. Great band, but even in their 80s heyday they were small potatoes, known to a select and passionate few.

It's one person's favorite band list ...nothing more nothing less.

Wide variety of music.. My top 20 Rock artists as of today (in case anyone is wondering..)

1 Led Zeppelin

1A The Beatles

3 Pink Floyd

4 Frank Zappa

5 Yes

6 Rush

7 The Rolling Stones

8 The Who

9 Black Sabbath

10 Deep Purple

11 Todd Rundgren

12 Peter Gabriel

13 Genesis

14 Kraftwerk

15 The Ramones

16 Radiohead

17 Aerosmith

18 David Bowie

19 Elton John (1970-1976)

20 The Police

How about you?

Wide variety of music.. My top 20 Rock artists as of today (in case anyone is wondering..)

1 Led Zeppelin

1A The Beatles

3 Pink Floyd

4 Frank Zappa

5 Yes

6 Rush

7 The Rolling Stones

8 The Who

9 Black Sabbath

10 Deep Purple

11 Todd Rundgren

12 Peter Gabriel

13 Genesis

14 Kraftwerk

15 The Ramones

16 Radiohead

17 Aerosmith

18 David Bowie

20 The Police

How about you?

Thanks Lad! It was only someone's list and as we know it's not written in stone,er,rock,... :)

It just caught my eye,....

1 Led Zeppelin

1A The Beatles

3 Pink Floyd

4 Frank Zappa

5 Yes

6 Rush

7 The Rolling Stones

8 The Who

9 Black Sabbath

10 Deep Purple

11 Todd Rundgren

12 Peter Gabriel

13 Genesis

14 Kraftwerk

15 The Ramones

16 Radiohead

17 Aerosmith

18 David Bowie

20 The Police

How about you?

I would definitely enjoy listening to music with you! Lock step agreement on the top five! (What? No Allman Brothers?)

I would definitely enjoy listening to music with you! Lock step agreement on the top five! (What? No Allman Brothers?)

Thanks! Same here. That top 5 is pretty much set in stone.

The Allman's are right up there. Now that you mention it.. Definitely in the top 25..

Any list you always have to leave a band you love out (or just forget).

Archived