Robert Plant cancels Russian tour dates

truth and beauty

Robert has cancelled two dates later this year in Moscow and St Petersburg. As far as I can see, no reason stated. But the Russian oligarch/dissident/former political prisoner Mikhail Khordokovsky has tweeted his own interpretation.

On the face of it - surrounding dates not cancelled - it's hard to disagree.

Former #LedZeppelin singer Robert Plant cancels concert dates in #Russia. Maybe he heard about #Ukraine? http://ow.ly/uLmaY

Due to the fact the Ukraine has just announced it will be conducting joint military exercises with the US & UK this is probably a good idea. This is turning into a powder keg and one idiot soldier may ignite a conflagration.

May you live in interesting times...the old Chinese curse.

According to a post on RP's facebook page.

"Robert Plant has postponed his two Russian shows in St. Petersburg on the 18th June and Moscow on the 20th June 2014 due to logistical reasons"

Could well be something like a visa issue for one of the band. I travel to Russia on business regularly and the Russian visa applications are a pain in the arse to complete and they are well known for denying or restricting them for no obvious reason.

I may be wrong but I can't see Robert canceling gigs and denying genuine fans the opportunity of seeing him just because of the foriegn policy actions of that country's government.

Robert has cancelled two dates later this year in Moscow and St Petersburg. As far as I can see, no reason stated. But the Russian oligarch/dissident/former political prisoner Mikhail Khordokovsky has tweeted his own interpretation.

On the face of it - surrounding dates not cancelled - it's hard to disagree.

Former #LedZeppelin singer Robert Plant cancels concert dates in #Russia. Maybe he heard about #Ukraine? http://ow.ly/uLmaY

I am glad he is not going there,to scary of a place

It really isn't a scary place. I am there regularly and both are fascinating cosmopolitan cities.

F*****g cold in the winter yes! Scary no!

I spent a few months traveling/backpacking through Russia back in the 90's, and I thought it was a pretty scary place--perhaps (and hopefully) it's changed for the better since then. The biggest problem I had was simply trying to move around the country--the airlines had the world's worst safety record, the trains often felt (and were) unsafe, travel on the roads was dangerous, etc.--and I had a few close-calls. With that said, Moscow and St. Petersburg generally felt safe, and the vast majority of Russians I met were lovely.

I used to think so too but then I learned that Russia is only a regional power and now it's not so scary to me anymore.

I spent a little time in Kiev. It was mostly a positive experience. The police there had kind of a racket going-on though (this was back in the 90's). Some of the bars didn't have toilets, (or had "malfunctioning" toilets) and customers would be forced to step-out back to urinate. The police would be waiting to arrest them for indecent exposure when they did so, but paying a small bribe to the police would get the customer of the hook. I never fell for this ruse, but I knew people that did.

I spent a little time in Kiev. It was mostly a positive experience. The police there had kind of a racket going-on though (this was back in the 90's). Some of the bars didn't have toilets, (or had "malfunctioning" toilets) and customers would be forced to step-out back to urinate. The police would be waiting to arrest them for indecent exposure when they did so, but paying a small bribe to the police would get the customer of the hook. I never fell for this ruse, but I knew people that did.

That's something else. You talk about entrapment....!

I have seen a lot of pictures,its beautiful and I expected it to look a lot more run down thatn it does

Archived