Things People Do That Rub You

Charles J. White

2 hours ago, redrum said:

It finally came today. The post lady handed it to me. Bravo.

Yay. Glad to hear. Crazy times, indeed.

Hopefully, the package I ordered 3 months ago (as of this Thursday) will finally arrive soon, too.

R😎

Edited by reids

3 hours ago, reids said:

Hopefully, the package I ordered 3 months ago (as of this Thursday) will finally arrive soon, too.

R😎

Sounds like the guy I ordered from years back. Give them some 'good' feedback.

8 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

That's great Redrum, I'm happy for you I know how it feels. 

Thanks. Their delivery estimation was all over the map. I assume the virus was partially to blame. Mailing a letter, to me, is still a good deal, even at 55 cents a pop. 75 years ago it was only 3 cents. In that time it's only gone up 52 cents not including the forever stamps.

Was a single stamp your gateway drug? - Stamp Community Forum

On 8/17/2020 at 11:39 PM, reids said:

R😎

Finally got it 3 months to the day 

R😎🎸👍

Driving today I was behind a car and we were waiting to make a left  turn. Light turns green and see an old guy crossing right where we were turning and the idiot in front of me didn't even see him and he literally had to run to avoid being hit. The driver never missed a beat. I pull up to the driver to give them an earful and wouldn't you know it, it was about a 90 year old woman. Motherfucker.

14 hours ago, redrum said:

Driving today I was behind a car and we were waiting to make a left  turn. Light turns green and see an old guy crossing right where we were turning and the idiot in front of me didn't even see him and he literally had to run to avoid being hit. The driver never missed a beat. I pull up to the driver to give them an earful and wouldn't you know it, it was about a 90 year old woman. Motherfucker.

Not to laugh, but that sounds funny.

17 hours ago, redrum said:

Wouldn't have been funny to the guy if he was hit. Hell, she probably would have just kept going. Ma Barker type.

It wasn’t funny the guy almost getting hit, the funny part was when you raced up to give the person a piece of your mind, and it was another elderly person doing the reckless driving.

6 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

It wasn’t funny the guy almost getting hit, the funny part was when you raced up to give the person a piece of your mind, and it was another elderly person doing the reckless driving.

Criterion Confessions: DEATH RACE 2000 - FILMSTRUCK/CRITERION CHANNEL

13 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

People like schumer schiff pelosi nadler, they all embody that movie perfectly

Agreed, love your avatar, Hummingbird69, the Fonz was part of my growing up years, those were the Happy Days!

You forgot sleepy Joe.

Edited by RainbowElf

My sleep was disrupted this morning by a leaf blower. It's got to be one of the most aggravating noises on the planet. I couldn't get back to sleep and had to go cut down a tree and cut it into rounds plus haul a truckload home. My ass is draggin' right now.

People sneaking across the NSW-QLD border. (or the VIC-NSW border for that matter) Follow the law you CUNTS. Fines are steep, up to $4k, but too many still doing it. They should also be sentenced to 1 month home quarantine with monitor bracelets like some parolees get. So movement now tracked for a month to make sure you are learning your damn lesson!

Second attempt should be prison. No ifs or butts.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:52 PM, redrum said:

Scary stuff.

My problem with modern cars are the extra wide posts that hold the airbags, and the confounded placement of the rear view mirror. There are so many more fucking blind spots right out the front window and in the peripheral view today. I was making a left turn and didn't even see the person in the crosswalk to my left because the fucking car window pillar had them completely blocked from my view.  The person looked at me like I was crazy, which for a moment I thought I was too. Wasn't distracted,  totally blocked.

And the rear view mirrors are right in front of my face. I'm pretty tall, but I assume the rear view mirrors in Japanese cars are placed so that people under 5 foot 2 can see under them.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Scary stuff.

My problem with modern cars are the extra wide posts that hold the airbags, and the confounded placement of the rear view mirror. There are so many more fucking blind spots right out the front window and in the peripheral view today. I was making a left turn and didn't even see the person in the crosswalk to my left because the fucking car window pillar had them completely blocked from my view.  The person looked at me like I was crazy, which for a moment I thought I was too. Wasn't distracted,  totally blocked.

And the rear view mirrors are right in front of my face. I'm pretty tall, but I assume the rear view mirrors in Japanese cars are placed so that people under 5 foot 2 can see under them.

I used to wear Wayfarers and the thick frames in themselves had blind spots. Can't afford the damned things anymore.