Favourite Whole Lotta Love year/tour version

butlerhunt2

Hi guys, my first post here, I was wondering what your favourite year/tour version of whole lotta love was, ie the 1973 version with boogie mamma the 75 version with the initial bars and theremin, 77 with just the initial bars, the knebworth versions, the 1980 versions somewhat similar to 73 or the earlier and longest ones from 69 to 72, which is the best of the pick.

Welcome to the Forum butler, and thanks for posting. Just so you know, you can search for thread topics...like what's your favourite Whole Lotta Love?...so we don't get overrun with duplicate threads. Here's the prior thread discussion:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/20693-favorite-version-of-whole-lotta-love/?fromsearch=1

'73 tour version is what I like the best, I like all the added stuff they put between the beginning and the end of WLL, especially the San Fransisco part.

Huh? Sorry, the "San Francisco" part is from "Dazed and Confused", not in "Whole Lotta Love".

#1. 9/19/70 Evening Show, of course. How do more people not choose this one? :huh:

73 US tour had some of my faves too-5/16 (I'm Goin' Down, Down, Down, Down, Down) B), 7/13, 7/27

Well that whole show is basically a best of concert, there's not a second of anything less then perfection in that gig

I know opinions are like, well, you know what...But the best versions of Whole Lotta Love are the ones that were played on that 73' tour of Europe, or the ones in 75, especially on the west coast, when we started to see longer versions of The Crunge incorporated.

Love the medley one off BBC sessions. Back when i was still becoming familiar with their library, that was my first experience with their "medleys" and it blew my mind. The twangier guitar on that version is also quite unique.

Archived