Theodore Robert Bundy

kingzoso

As far as to serial killers in the US:

Gary Ridgway made more victims (also just females)

Yeah, that prick buried a body on the edge of our town (Enumclaw).

I have a friend who sent me a pic that he got from a friend while he was hiking in Colorado and there, carved on a tree was the name Ted Bundy. May he rot in hell forever.

I'll never forget the summer of 77, I was 8, and the Son of Sam was all over the news, every night. Scared the crap out of us. My buddies dad was a cop in Yonkers at the time...thank god they got that sick freak off the streets. The cult he was apart of ...well, that was swept under the carpet. I think Berkowitz took the fall for all of it.

Ted Bundy is pure scum, IMO. I think that the term "serial killer" was invented thanks to this fiend! Look, I have always been a bit interested in psychology...especially criminal psychology. And yes, I am a fan of shows like "Criminal Minds". Does that mean I admire rats like Bundy?! Hell, no! For me, it is all about getting into the mind of the criminal and finding out what makes psychopaths like Bundy tick. It is for that reason that I have been interested in books like "The Stranger Beside Me" by Anne Rule. I am also a fan of authors like Mary Higgins Clark.

Ted Bundy is pure scum, IMO. I think that the term "serial killer" was invented thanks to this fiend! Look, I have always been a bit interested in psychology...especially criminal psychology. And yes, I am a fan of shows like "Criminal Minds". Does that mean I admire rats like Bundy?! Hell, no! For me, it is all about getting into the mind of the criminal and finding out what makes psychopaths like Bundy tick. It is for that reason that I have been interested in books like "The Stranger Beside Me" by Anne Rule. I am also a fan of authors like Mary Higgins Clark.

I can relate to some of what you say. Ted Bundy was a "monster" and one of the vilest serial murderers of woman of all-time (that the authorities are aware of). I have read and re-read "The Stranger Besides Me" at least 4 times in the past 10 or so years. Even this book does not and cannot delve into all the real and sick things that Ted Bundy did to his victims. Only he alone knew what he actually did to these helpless women and them alone.

Sadly, at least 36 women met their demise when they encountered Ted Bundy, whether by their own volition or by force. Young women back in the early to late 1970's. Innocent women from the states of Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado and Florida (not to mention the many other states that Ted Bundy had been in at the time of other missing persons or dead women throughout the Pacific Northwest and his trail from his prison escape that had him in Illinois, Michigan and ultimately Florida).

What really strikes me as a complete mystery is when Ted Bundy was asked by authorities, already tried and found Guilty of Murder (in Florida) how many women did he murder (he admitted to 36) and Ted Bundy said "add one digit to that and you will have it". What puzzled the authorities is did Ted mean 37 or 136. Add one digit. I believe that Ted Bundy was responsible for claiming over 136 young innocent women's lives.

IF THIS TOPIC DISTURBS OR BOTHERS ANYONE WHO READS THESE POSTS, YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE CHOICE AND OPTIONS TO BACK OUT AND NOT READ WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED SO FAR. THE CHOICE IS YOURS. I AM NOT MAKING ANYONE READ OR POST ON THIS TOPIC. BE REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE. IF THE TOPIC OF "THEODORE ROBERT BUNDY" IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING, THEN WHY ARE YOU READING SUCH TOPICS AND THEN POSTING YOUR ABHORRENCE TO SUCH? WHETHER ANYONE WANTS TO ADMIT THIS, THIS IS A TOPIC OF A VERY RARE PHENOMENON OF AMERICAN HISTORY AND NOT A TOPIC TO BE DEALT LIGHTLY WITH.

IF THIS TOPIC DISTURBS OR BOTHERS ANYONE WHO READS THESE POSTS, YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE CHOICE AND OPTIONS TO BACK OUT AND NOT READ WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED SO FAR. THE CHOICE IS YOURS. I AM NOT MAKING ANYONE READ OR POST ON THIS TOPIC. BE REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE. IF THE TOPIC OF "THEODORE ROBERT BUNDY" IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING, THEN WHY ARE YOU READING SUCH TOPICS AND THEN POSTING YOUR ABHORRENCE TO SUCH?

JUST TO ANNOY YOU!!!!!!

The Bundy case and his psyche fascinates me. I've read a few books on him and watched many a documentary. The best books out there imo are "The Riverman" by Bob Keppel, he was part of the Bundy investigation from the very beginning in Seattle. The book deals with the case in depth and also goes into how Bundy reached out to Keppel and said that he could help him with the investigation of the Ridgway murders, Ridgway was of course finally caught long after Bundys death.

One of Bundy's ideas in regards to Ridgway was to stake out previously known dump sites because he figured Ridgway (like himself) would return to the bodies to engage in acts of a nature that are unimaginable to the majority of us. Bundy trusted Keppel and confessed some of his murders to him on the eve of his execution, the tape recordings are on youtube if anyone is interested. Truly evil, bone chilling stuff in those recordings, be advised.

The Only Living Witness by Stephen Michaud is also excellent, Michaud had extended conversations with Bundy about his crimes, and although he would never talk in the first person he reveals some seriously bone chilling stuff. Whenever he goes into detail about a specific crime he starts referring to the perpertator as an 'entity' like it was another part of him that he could not control.

BE REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE.

And hence you poop on Reggie (who is one of the nicest guys here on the forum IMO) because he's an Aussie.

Very sensible and reasonable.

If "rare American phenomena" is what you wanna discuss without people stating their disgust, try discussing the odd habits of Carl Tanzler (and see what happens).

Edited by reswati

I am far more interested in unsolved crimes like the Zodiac than over kill on this psycho that was put to bed years ago. Old Arty Shawcross is from here, and the Gennesee River was where he dumped his victims. One of only two Rivers in the world that runs North, the other being the Nile.

A local set of crimes in the 70's still haunts this area. 3 young girls, with the initials CC, WW, and MM, and I will give only the first names, Carmen, Wanda and Michelle, were abducted and murdered and there bodies left for easy find by police. A few years back it made the news again but no arrests ever came of it. It was thought the initials stood for the phrase Come With Me. My ex wife actually met a couple of these girls at her school or bus? I forget which. I wish they could solve that, the Zodiac, the Black Dahlia and the Holy Grail of all crimes, Jack the Ripper

I couldn't help thinking of this topic earlier today. I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up the new Classic Rock magazine.. Not out yet. While I was there, I spotted the new Joe Perry autobiography.... So I'm sitting down thumbing through it and this guy walks by me with a special edition magazine (all red) called SERIAL KILLERS. This guy's sitting down rifling through this as intensely as I was with my Joe Perry book.. It was a little odd. But I'm guilty of being fascinated watching Forensic Files.. They always get caught.. I saw one murderer get nailed by a single eyelash.. Incredible.

What really strikes me as a complete mystery is when Ted Bundy was asked by authorities, already tried and found Guilty of Murder (in Florida) how many women did he murder (he admitted to 36) and Ted Bundy said "add one digit to that and you will have it". What puzzled the authorities is did Ted mean 37 or 136. Add one digit. I believe that Ted Bundy was responsible for claiming over 136 young innocent women's lives.

This article certainly reveals a whole lot: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ted-bundy-killed-more-than-100-848007

Three books that made a deep impact and have always stayed with me ever since reading them were:

"In Cold Blood" Truman Capote

"Helter Skelter" Vincent Bugliosi

"The Executioner's Song" Norman Mailer

But after a while, I got weary of reading true crime books...especially ones dealing with serial killers. I worry about Ann Rule's sanity sometimes, haha, dwelling on all that madness.

I remember the Ted Bundy case well but have no further interest in him or his crimes. It's all a bit morbid.

He was not the only one of these nut jobs. Gacy, Dahmer, and even our homegrown monster Shawcross, and and there is the Green River Killer. The ones that interest me the most are those that were never caught. The most famous Jack the Ripper, and then you have the Zodiac Killer and here in Rochester the double initial killer from the 70's. Three girls abducted and killed. Their initials were CC, WW, MM. Some thought that it added up to Come With Me. Pretty scary shit. Then they just stopped just like with the Zodiak. We likely will never solve Jack the Ripper or the Black Dahlia. The trail is now too cold for Jack the Ripper. They have some names that they believe could have been him. But there is no certainty. Solving that Jack the Ripper crime was the Holy Grail of all murder mysteries. The Zodiac is right up there. And he could still be alive.

Latest regarding the Ripper is James Kelly is the most likely killer and the Dahlia case the strongest suspect is George Hodel per the LAPD cold case files.

Edited by IpMan

the Gennesee River was where he dumped his victims. One of only two Rivers in the world that runs North, the other being the Nile.

That's funny, I've always heard the St. Johns River in Florida was one of only 2 rivers that run north, the other being the Nile.

I guess it's 3, LOL.

IF THIS TOPIC DISTURBS OR BOTHERS ANYONE WHO READS THESE POSTS, YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE CHOICE AND OPTIONS TO BACK OUT AND NOT READ WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED SO FAR. THE CHOICE IS YOURS. I AM NOT MAKING ANYONE READ OR POST ON THIS TOPIC. BE REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE. IF THE TOPIC OF "THEODORE ROBERT BUNDY" IS NOT TO YOUR LIKING, THEN WHY ARE YOU READING SUCH TOPICS AND THEN POSTING YOUR ABHORRENCE TO SUCH? WHETHER ANYONE WANTS TO ADMIT THIS, THIS IS A TOPIC OF A VERY RARE PHENOMENON OF AMERICAN HISTORY AND NOT A TOPIC TO BE DEALT LIGHTLY WITH.

Am I the only person that finds this disclaimer insanely ironic?

Seriously, THIS from the same guy that routinely appears in various threads (especially political threads) for the sole purpose of announcing his dislike of the topic of the thread?

Funny schtuff.

Seriously, THIS from the same guy that routinely appears in various threads (especially political threads) for the sole purpose of announcing his dislike of the topic of the thread?

Funny schtuff.

Maybe he is a serial topic killer.

Funny schtuff.

However insanely ironic this may be, in your opinion, why are you commenting on a topic that you may or may not be familiar with. Can you specify when the last time I posted and replied to a topic related to a political topic? I will admit that I have but that must have been over a year or two ago.

Please refresh My memory and specifically point out My last political statement that I posted. The time, date and especially what I typed. If you cannot or do not prove such admissions, then I will say to you to F-OFF and come back when you have solid and irrefutable proof. I cannot wait to see what you counter this with.

Edited by kingzoso

Please refresh My memory and specifically point out My last political statement that I posted. The time, date and especially what I typed. If you cannot or do not prove such admissions, then I will say to you to F-OFF and come back when you have solid and irrefutable proof. I cannot wait to see what you counter this with.

Just because I like TypeO as a person, I will do it for him.

October 7th 2014: you hereby discuss the political decisions of the English to deport people to Australia.

You also imply that the US justice system should have done the same.

I quote:

" I realize that you are an aussie, so I really do not expect you to relate to a lot of things that happen (past, present and future) here in the Great and Powerful UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

By the way, is it a fact or not a fact, that Australia was once established as an island to house the English criminals and criminally insane? The English were smart enough to "deport" these criminals to an island thousands of miles away. If this is the case (and I think it is) maybe the United States Justice System should have sent Ted Bundy to either Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or the capitol or Canberra."

The funny thing is that you actually made this un-political thread you started by yourself political by typing the aforementioned quoted sentences.

I hereby rest my case.

Edited by reswati

October 7th 2014: you hereby discuss the political decisions of the English to deport people to Australia.

I quote:

" I realize that you are an aussie, so I really do not expect you to relate to a lot of things that happen (past, present and future) here in the Great and Powerful UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

By the way, is it a fact or not a fact, that Australia was once established as an island to house the English criminals and criminally insane? The English were smart enough to "deport" these criminals to an island thousands of miles away. If this is the case (and I think it is) maybe the United States Justice System should have sent Ted Bundy to either Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or the capitol or Canberra."

The funny thing is that you actually made this un-political thread you started by yourself political by typing the aforementioned quoted sentences

I hereby rest my case.

:bravo:

Funny schtuff.

You are not the only one. When I read that, I thought the same thing but just shook my head as I do at most of his posts.

That's funny, I've always heard the St. Johns River in Florida was one of only 2 rivers that run north, the other being the Nile.

I guess it's 3, LOL.

I know that you are correct about the St. John's River running north.

Also, there is the table where Ted Bundy sat while on trial in the Orlando History Museum - you can see where he carved his name into the table. Crazy that he had something in his possession that sharp to carve with while on trial, and the time in which to do it while in the courtroom.

Edited by Walter

Maybe he is a serial topic killer.

However insanely ironic this may be, in your opinion, why are you commenting on a topic that you may or may not be familiar with. Can you specify when the last time I posted and replied to a topic related to a political topic? I will admit that I have but that must have been over a year or two ago.

I only commented on the irony of your disclaimer.

I quote:

The funny thing is that you actually made this un-political thread you started by yourself political by typing the aforementioned quoted sentences.

I hereby rest my case.

post-4573-0-13586800-1413558765_thumb.jp

You are not the only one. When I read that, I thought the same thing but just shook my head as I do at most of his posts.

I know, right? LOL

:hysterical: Oh man, you slay me. :)

3231526-i+see+what+you+did+there-700x560

I remember the Ted Bundy case well but have no further interest in him or his crimes. It's all a bit morbid.

I agree, Strider. It's funny, because I'm currently friends with a happy, cheerful young woman who's career goal is to be a police or FBI profiler. (She's a senior at university studying forensic psychology.) How she can remain so happy, well-adjusted and cheerful -- while at the same time studying a world so full of insanity, madness, and evil -- mystifies me.

Edited by Pagefan55