I need a Led Zeppelin support group

In the days of my youth, I was all about Led Zeppelin.

Zep this. Zep that. Sang in the car. Air guitared myself into a froth. Boned girls to it, etc.

But then I suppose I reached that age where I tried to move on to other things as best I could.

Sure, this site sucked me back in a little bit, and I was skeptical of this whole O2 thing.

But now I can't stop thinking about it, just like I'm back in fucking high school or something, and I'm forty fucking four years old, dammit!

I am helpless and powerless to stop thinking about it. I'm thinking about selling a kidney on Ebay just on the off chance I need to spend a whole lotta money to get to some Zep gig that might not ever occur.

My wife doesn't understand me. She left me for a Foo Fighters fan.

I've bottomed out.

I need Led Zeppelin Anonymous, and might just file a lawsuit against the band and this forum for not administering Led Zep information in a responsible, moderate fashion.

There, I've said it.

Please help.

:(

here here brother i hear ya... Ill co found that group but as far as going to sueing the board and the group i wouldnt do that. But i am diffinatly understanding your withdrawls with the lack of ass kickin music now a days like the good old days... But hey man maybe they will give us more for 2 kidnies if i give ya mine to :S

za meetings here we come...this is so true. i am having the same thing going on in my house too. my college kids think i have lost it, totally obsessed even though i didn't even go...which only makes me more obsessed. zep has been the soundtrack of my life...seeing such magic again 30 years later makes you re-live yours...even if i am just 40 and was only 2 when they first started...which was when i heard my 1st zep tune. But seriously now, don't go sueing our band for our addiction...it's way healthier than crack which is wack.

love the thread Hammer and I got a good laugh out of your posting.... we can relate(although I didn't bone any girls). I've "Asked Solar" if I would ever forgive myself for not buying a passcode... he basically suggested I file a lawsuit against Harvey... I thought about it. ;)

Ok, Not really(says that before someone takes me seriously)

And Adds: I started a poll about the Reunion at the 02 and I'm hoping you all go vote in it so we can see how people were able to attend.

it's called.. Ahmet Ertegun Tribute/Led Zeppelin Reunion

have to agree with the poster in another thread with the same sentiment:

i haven't done a damn thing since december 10th. i've stayed up until 4 or 5 in the morning, checked out every video i can (multiple times) searched every picture, listened to the slowburn recording while standing in the center of my living room with the surround sound on and not moved for over an hour...

but if this is a sickness - i don't ever want to get better! :)

Zep this. Zep that. Sang in the car. Air guitared myself into a froth. Boned girls to it, etc.

But then I suppose I reached that age where I tried to move on to other things as best I could.

Sure, this site sucked me back in a little bit, and I was skeptical of this whole O2 thing.

But now I can't stop thinking about it, just like I'm back in fucking high school or something, and I'm forty fucking four years old, dammit!

I am helpless and powerless to stop thinking about it. I'm thinking about selling a kidney on Ebay just on the off chance I need to spend a whole lotta money to get to some Zep gig that might not ever occur.

I've bottomed out.

I need Led Zeppelin Anonymous, and might just file a lawsuit against the band and this forum for not administering Led Zep information in a responsible, moderate fashion.

There, I've said it.

Please help.

I've bottomed out.

There, I've said it.

Please help.

Oh my fucking gosh. That's hillarious!!!!! I need Zeppelin anonymous too, before I lose it. Where can we find help???? :wacko:

i haven't done a damn thing since december 10th. i've stayed up until 4 or 5 in the morning, checked out every video i can (multiple times) searched every picture, listened to the slowburn recording while standing in the center of my living room with the surround sound on and not moved for over an hour...

I'm right with ya!!! :hippy:

Oh dear, I'm afraid this would be fairly descriptive of the situation chez moi (though add to it the worst case I've ever had of England longing since I got back Monday night). Final exams to grade piling up by the minute, too...

I love Led Zeppelin, but they don't consume my life. I think there's more important things in this world to be that focused on, don't you?

Ah, but Elizabeth, you didn't see Jimmy play. Those of us who did can be excused for still being awestruck--after all, we've had an all but too brief visit to that space just a little left of heaven (to borrow a phrase from his inimitable mate).

I am a financial Advisor at a major Wall Street firm and I have the same issue. The power of Zep live is like a sonic explosion which I am afraid will over take us all in short order. Long live Led Zeppelin the true Hammer of Gods

I love Led Zeppelin, but they don't consume my life. I think there's more important things in this world to be that focused on, don't you?

no!

music is everything to me. especially quality music. The recent O2 release was like a koala crapping a rainbow in my brain. So good!

(anybody know the reference of that line?)

So far, since the O2 release, I've downloaded over 100 Led Zeppelin bootlegs. I'd tell you where to find them, but I don't think it would help anyone in this thread!!!

Sign me up for the Zep support group as long as it will help me get my Zep fix and not try to wean me off of it, that would not do!

Seriously, the week before, durin, and now after the O2 concert, I have really had some serious productivity issues at work, what with all of the youtubing Zep vids, reading this forum, and downloading and listening to boots. Who has time to work? Right now I should be writing out Christmas cards and wrapping presents. Now the holidays are getting in the way of my obsession! See, who needs a support group? :rolleyes:

I keep thinking back to that moment where I was looking at that screen to buy that passcode off e-Bay... and then exiting it... EERRGGH!!!!

We had the damn tickets right in front of us and didnt even know it! That Harvey prick! Changing the f--cking rules after his threats to cancel. Burns my ass too. As for you Hammer, take that wrist band off your scrotum-pronto!

Hammer C.

What is needed to remedy your situation is a twelve step program.

Step#1-Madison Square Garden.

Step#12-L.A.

Many steps in between.

Man,I feel your pain.

Could those steps include stops at the Edgewater Inn for some fishing and the Continental Hyatt House for other entertainment?

I've bottomed out.

There, I've said it.

Please help.

You've admitted that you are powerless over Zeppelin, that your life has become unmanageable.

Now you need to come to believe that a power greater than yourself (no, not Jimmy Page) will restore you to sanity.

Then, turn your will and life over to this power and all will be well. :console:

Archived