2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

5 hours ago, Houses of the Holy said:

The Cards won! Woohoo! 

So did  Pittsburgh.    I do not think the injury is going to derail the Cubs by any means.  I am sure glad it was not Rizzo.  How about those Orioles?  4-0 and Archer is out of the way.  We shelled him.  Now we send our number 4 starter to the mound in the current absence of Gausman but he will be back soon.   Kick ass O's!!

I am happy my O's are 5-0.  I am pretty shocked the Twins are 0-5 now.  I had a chance to win 400 if only Keichel and Arrieta won.   Down the fucking tubes go Houston.  Shit team.   In for a shit season.  The Cubs will come through.  

Do not count my Orioles out of anything.  

The Cardinals got swept by the Pirates to begin their season 0-3 and then the Cardinals swept the Braves  to now become even, 3-3.  I will take that.  Last night and again in todays game, the Cardinals scored 12 runs in each game.  That is obviously a good sign.  24 runs in 2 games. 

Still a long way to go for all MLB teams. 

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

The Cardinals got swept by the Pirates to begin their season 0-3 and then the Cardinals swept the Braves  to now become even, 3-3.  I will take that.  Last night and again in todays game, the Cardinals scored 12 runs in each game.  That is obviously a good sign.  24 runs in 2 games. 

Still a long way to go for all MLB teams. 

Those once mighty Braves.  Oh yes King.  No more are they mighty and its rather sad. I was a real fan of Maddox and Smoltz.  How could  one not be?  It was some run that Cox had with that team.  So when we mention great teams, lets not forget the Braves.   Its a shame Dale Murphy was not part of it.  Kind of like Mattingly and the Yankees.  

Do not count my O's out my boy.  Are you starting to take notice?  After all, there is only one unbeaten team left, and that would be the Baltimore Orioles.  I am hoping they go into Fenway and ravage those overrated bean benders

On 12/15/2015 at 11:35 AM, LedZeppfan77 said:

He HAS TO BE IN IT.   The guy has more hits than anyone that ever played.  There is no justification for keeping him out for gambling.  He is the only one that got caught.  You can bet your bottom dollar many others gambled.  Hell, remember Prothro, the coach of the LA Rams and SD Chargers?  He bet against his own team.  And he was the head coach.  I know he is on up for the Hall.  But if OJ Simpson is on the Wall of Shame in Buffalo, Pete Rose's crimes are minimal in comparison.  And I do not want to hear that shit about him being found not guilty.  He is as guilty as they come and it was a racist verdict.  Take him down and put Rose in.  Its the right move.  He will be in when he is dead.  That is certain.  Let him see his name in there. 

The crimes of Pete Rose and O.J. Simpson aren't comparable.  Rose was placing bets on Major League baseball games; his actions could have directly impacted his team and MLB.  Simpson stood trial for murdering his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. A heinous crime but it didn't impact his former team or the NFL.  Not to mention, that a jury of his peers acquitted him of these crimes.  You may not agree with the verdict; many Americans don't.   Like so many things in the U.S., opinions on this subject seem to split along racial lines.  

The Saint Louis Cardinals are on a 4 game winning streak and in those 4 games the Cardinals have amassed a total of 41 runs.  Of course that is an average 10.25 runs per game.  I do believe that the Cardinals have the hitting power and the staying power to win the National League Central for the 4th year in a row. 

As a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, and knowing how the Cardinals operate, the Cardinals fear no team, and that includes the resurgent Chicago Cubs. 

I just read in the USA TODAYS Sports section, that the last time the Chicago Cubs won a World Series was way back in 1908, two weeks after the Ford Model T car came off the assembly line.  108 years ago.  In that 108 year span, the Saint Louis Cardinals have won 11 Pennants and 6 World Series'. 

On these facts alone, I believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals have nothing to fear from the cubs. 

This is a peaceful message to Rick:

The Baltimore Orioles are at this moment the only undefeated team in baseball at 6-0 and the Saint Louis Cardinals are currently at a record of 4-3.  However, in the same time span the Orioles have only amassed a total of 31 runs in their wins.

The Saint Louis Cardinals with a current record of 4-3 have amassed a total of 48 runs in that same time span. 

You say that the Orioles have the best lineup in baseball, and they might at the moment, but I think they had the same or close to the same lineup last season and the Orioles barely reached the .500 record.  Winning 81 games and losing 81 games.  While the Saint Louis Cardinals had the best record in 2015, winning 100 games. 

Who knows how this MLB Season will turn out, but if you think that the Baltimore Orioles are the better team then one of the most winning and most consistent teams in all of Baseball History, you are sorely mistaken.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt.  If the Baltimore Orioles do win the 2016 World Series, even you cannot say that they are the greatest team of all-time just because they win a World Series after decades of being a team of that no one really pays attention too.

I cannot believe the post two above.   You are talking Series already?  I do not like the disrespect we get though.  WE are about to go to 7-0 it appears as we are up 9-4 in Boston, putting an ass whipping on the pre season AL media darlings.  13 HRs so far Mr Kings.  You do not mention that do you?  Trumbo is a big pick up for us.  This kid Rickard is hitting and our main guys like Machado and Davis and Hardy are kicking ass.   Adam Jones has not even been in the lineup much so look out when he is in regular form.  We are not going away.  

Flaherty just hit a ball off the left field wall and was called out by the ump going for a double.  The replay was so fucking obvious he was safe and Buck challenged it and lost.  Likely NY Yankee fans in NY making the decision.  It will not keep us from winning.  

Archived