football

craigled

Predictable. England were nervous and continually gave the ball away. Having said that the bonus is it won't feature on our viewing planner. Sorry pondside I just can't put up with USA USA chanting.

Anyway looking forward to the Ashes - you know that game with a bat and ball where it goes on for 5 days and nobody wins

very nice game. Congratulations to the USA, they were the better team.

Best moment of the final: when the audience whistled FIFA villain Blofeld, um, Infantino.

The men's game is faster, the technical skills are much better, but in women's football there is no injury faking, no time wasting, no spitting, no wimps - just football 👍👏
Edited by LedZed66

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Kick off is set...let’s go USA ladies!!! 

❤️🇺🇸

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: 

Congratulations to the U.S. women! I missed the match, though...it was over by the time I woke up. 

1 hour ago, LedZed66 said:

Best moment of the final: when the audience whistled FIFA villain Blofeld, um, Infantino.

The men's game is faster, the technical skills are much better, but in women's football there is no injury faking, no time wasting, no spitting, no wimps - just football 👍👏

Yes, but the gap between the men and women isn't as noticeable in football/soccer as in other sports.

The WNBA is a failure because the difference between men and women's basketball is ginormous. Most women I know who are sports fans, and will watch women play tennis and ice skate, have no interest in watching the WNBA because the dropoff from the NBA is so drastic. There just aren't enough lesbians to sustain the league and the NBA is bleeding money.

Women's tennis and ice skating still draw tv ratings while the WNBA's are infinitesimal. As for football (soccer), we (U.S.) will watch football only every four years during the World Cup. The U.S. has no interest in a national league, men or women. The MLS resides in the ratings cellar along with the WNBA. A women's football league would be a financial disaster.

Maybe Europe could sustain a women's league but I doubt it. Some of the most racist, misogynistic, patriarchal thug behaviour I have ever witnessed was at European football matches. And South American/Latin America/Mexican crowds are even worse.

12 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

They do spit, just not as much, maybe they swallow.

16 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

The Cameroons managed to cough up a few oysters ! Didn't see the final as I was "parking the car"

On 7/9/2019 at 2:31 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Send the BBC an e mail. They may transmit it here in the UK. Well, they show fuck all else.;)

When does the Premier League start up again?  Please tell me who you believe will be good this year?  Who will take a step back?  Were there any major moves?  How do you think Leicester City will do?

16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

When does the Premier League start up again?  Please tell me who you believe will be good this year?  Who will take a step back?  Were there any major moves?  How do you think Leicester City will do?

Don't you read before you post? Right before you asked to change the name of this thread from football to soccer, I answered your question.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, Strider said:

Okay Rick, you can relax now. The 2018-19 EPL season is over. The 2019-20 season will gear up in August. Take a breather until then.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Prem season starts Friday 9th of August, Liverpool v Norwich is the first game. Who will do well, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham maybe Chelsea. Leicester will finish mid table or below. Moves/Transfers I've no idea, couldn't care less tbh.

Edited by JTM

16 hours ago, JTM said:

Prem season starts Friday 9th of August, Liverpool v Norwich is the first game. Who will do well, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham maybe Chelsea. Leicester will finish mid table or below. Moves/Transfers I've no idea, couldn't care less tbh.

Thanks for the info.  So you believe Man United will have a better year?  But do you still think Man City is the best team?   Or Liverpool?  Are MacGuire and Vardy still with Leicester City?

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Thanks for the info.  So you believe Man United will have a better year?  But do you still think Man City is the best team?   Or Liverpool?  Are MacGuire and Vardy still with Leicester City?

I will never consider Man City the "best" team, no matter what title/cup they win, Liverpool will always be the "best" team imo. Not sure about Vardy's situation, Maguire though will most likely move somewhere else.

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I cant read every bloody thread here

I'm not asking you to read every bloody thread. I certainly don't. But is it too much to ask to keep up on the thread in which you are bantering with others...like this one? 😜

Liverpool FC! FTW.