Jimmy and Jack

eagle87

• 3 years later...

i thought this was going to be about jimmy and jack white, not daniels.

LZ_backstage_Market_Square_Arena_In.jpg

LZ50.jpg

I love that he doesn't bother using a glass. I mean, what's the point, right? I wonder if the roadies were instructed to keep an eye on him after he grabbed a bottle. "Watch Pagey and make sure he doesn't hurt himself. And if he gets through most of the bottle, which he will, you might need to help him stay upright. Percy can help since he has had to help him out of places before."

post-17244-0-36388500-1305135233_thumb.j

He was so thin and frail-looking though, it's surprising he could knock back a bottle of hard liquor (and to mix it with codeine! Very dangerous, that). About how much did Jimmy weigh at the time - I'm assuming these photos are like '75 or so.

He was so thin and frail-looking though, it's surprising he could knock back a bottle of hard liquor (and to mix it with codeine! Very dangerous, that). About how much did Jimmy weigh at the time - I'm assuming these photos are like '75 or so.

The scary part is that he weighed less in the years to come. From about 1977-1983, he was just skin and bones. I would guess that he weighed about 125, if that. He was always a small guy but the combination of heroin, cocaine and booze, wow, how did he survive?

The scary part is that he weighed less in the years to come. From about 1977-1983, he was just skin and bones. I would guess that he weighed about 125, if that. He was always a small guy but the combination of heroin, cocaine and booze, wow, how did he survive?

Who knows how he survived? I, for one, am just damn glad he did! and DAMN, did he not fair well....EXTREMELY well, for someone who put their body through so much abuse? From his liquid diets, chain smoking, rigorous schedules and (illegal and prescription) drug use. He got lucky and so did we! OR...maybe he really did sell his soul at the crossroads? only he and the devil know for sure...

post-16971-0-81459500-1305432457_thumb.j

• 5 weeks later...

I love that he doesn't bother using a glass. I mean, what's the point, right? I wonder if the roadies were instructed to keep an eye on him after he grabbed a bottle. "Watch Pagey and make sure he doesn't hurt himself. And if he gets through most of the bottle, which he will, you might need to help him stay upright. Percy can help since he has had to help him out of places before."

Is it just me, or does that scarf/towel look totally out of place?

I remember reading that the very first time that Jerry Weintraub (promoter for Elvis Presley, among others) went to see Led Zeppelin in concert in 1977, he (Jerry) said something to the effect of, "Is that guy gonna live?" He was, of course, speaking about Pagey. Apparently Jimmy's condition was that severe that an outsider of the Led Zeppelin Organization, seemed to be thoroughly concerned at the well being and sight of the Greatest Guitar Player of all-time.

Who knows how he survived? I, for one, am just damn glad he did! and DAMN, did he not fair well....EXTREMELY well, for someone who put their body through so much abuse? From his liquid diets, chain smoking, rigorous schedules and (illegal and prescription) drug use. He got lucky and so did we! OR...maybe he really did sell his soul at the crossroads? only he and the devil know for sure...

post-16971-0-81459500-1305432457_thumb.j

It's amazing how his face always remained healthy and robust looking - no matter how skinny he became. It is kind of supernatural......

It's amazing how his face always remained healthy and robust looking - no matter how skinny he became. It is kind of supernatural......

I would have called his face "bloated" myself...similar to how one looks after a major organ transplant. This would be the 90's. I think he looks better NOW.

I would have called his face "bloated" myself...similar to how one looks after a major organ transplant. This would be the 90's. I think he looks better NOW.

Do you think he had a transplant?

• 6 months later...

Jimmy was very lucky to live through it all, but I do believe he paid a heavy price. His ambition (lack of) to continue stretching and creating new sounds I believe was the greatest result to his prolonged drug use. Let's not forget he spent the better part of the 80's looking like it was the 70's and really did not offer anything new; as in a new direction. I just believe the loss of Zeppelin impacted him the greatest and he really struggled with it.

My biggest "whoooaaa" came during the 95' Page / Plant tour. I had 2 row floor seats almost dead center to the Tacoma, Washington show and was really stunned to see how out of it he really was when standing no more than 10-15 feet from him. I don't think he was using heavily then or at all, but he really looked like something was seriously wrong. The show was just fantastic; very enjoyable, and Jimmy played fairly well....well enough for me to see them several times that year on the west coast!

• 4 months later...

Jimmy was very lucky to live through it all, but I do believe he paid a heavy price. His ambition (lack of) to continue stretching and creating new sounds I believe was the greatest result to his prolonged drug use. Let's not forget he spent the better part of the 80's looking like it was the 70's and really did not offer anything new; as in a new direction. I just believe the loss of Zeppelin impacted him the greatest and he really struggled with it.

My biggest "whoooaaa" came during the 95' Page / Plant tour. I had 2 row floor seats almost dead center to the Tacoma, Washington show and was really stunned to see how out of it he really was when standing no more than 10-15 feet from him. I don't think he was using heavily then or at all, but he really looked like something was seriously wrong. The show was just fantastic; very enjoyable, and Jimmy played fairly well....well enough for me to see them several times that year on the west coast!

Using in 95? I doubt it..

post-15438-0-48592300-1335745691.jpg

post-15438-0-65042100-1335745819.jpg

post-15438-0-63909600-1335745944.png

Archived