Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dandak

Black Dog Lyric SO WRONG

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, dandak said:

Quite right. Maybe this forum needs an area where lyrics are posted to be the definitive guide to the songs. I for one would love to know what Plant really says on Carouselambra.

I like that composition a lot! My type of music, especially the bass line and the classical bridge lines and the mid part.

 

Maybe Plant and even Page don't want us to know. Plant said he doesn't like some of his old lyrics that much. Maybe time will change his mind, we can understand most of them anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have a music notation/tab book published by Warners/Superhype? Surely that would be the definitive answer. FWIW, It's "big-legged woman" in my book, always has been always will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dandak said:

HAHA You are probably correct. I'd put a lot of money up saying I wont find it too!

Perhaps porgie66 is correct and Plant says "biga legged" instead of big, yet I remember Beatle Laid. And I remember the article. Was the author inferring it? Perhaps. Trying to remember what I read back then. Crawdaddy, Cream,.....

In any case, it ISNT ridiculous hummingbird69. Just keep an open mind. I may be 1000% wrong and will admit it, but I may be right too. If I am wrong it has to be BIGA legged like porgie66 says, there is another syllable there.

sorry, but it is totally ridiculous just like the people who hear the words to Bad Moon Rising as "there's a bathroom on the right"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

I like that composition a lot! My type of music, especially the bass line and the classical bridge lines and the mid part.

 

Maybe Plant and even Page don't want us to know. Plant said he doesn't like some of his old lyrics that much. Maybe time will change his mind, we can understand most of them anyway.

Sisters of the way-side bide their time in quiet peace
Await their place within the ring of calm
Still stand to turn in seconds of release
Await the call they know may never come
In times of lightness, no intruder dared upon 
To jeopardize the course, upset the run
And all was joy and hands were raised toward the sun 
As love in the halls of plenty overrun
Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh
Still in their bliss unchallenged mighty feast 
Unending dances shadowed on the day
Within their walls, their daunting formless keep
Preserved their joy and kept their doubts at bay
Faceless legions stood in readiness to weep
Just turn a coin, bring order to the fray
And everything is soon no sooner thought than deed 
But no one seemed to question in anyway
Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh
How keen the storied hunter's eye prevails upon the land 
To seek the unsuspecting and the weak
And powerless the fabled sat, too smug to lift a hand 
Toward the foe that threatened from the deep
Who cares to dry the cheeks of those who saddened stand 
Adrift upon a sea of futile speech? 
And to fall to fate and make the 'status plan' 
But no one there had heaven within their reach
Singing uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh
Oh
Where was your word, where did you go?
Where was your helping, where was your bow? Bow
Bow
Dull is the armour, cold is the day
Hard was the journey, dark was the way, way
I heard the word, I couldn't stay, oh
I couldn't stand it another day, another day
Another day, another day
Touched by the timely coming
Roused from the keeper's sleep
Release the grip, throw down the key
Held now within the knowing
Rest now within the peace
Take of the fruit, but guard the seed
They had to stay
Held now within the knowing
Rest now within the peace
Take off the fruit, but guard the seed
Take off the fruit, but guard the seed
Songwriters: John Paul Jones / Jimmy Page / Robert Plant
Carouselambra lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:
Sisters of the way-side bide their time in quiet peace
Await their place within the ring of calm
Still stand to turn in seconds of release
Await the call they know may never come
In times of lightness, no intruder dared upon 
To jeopardize the course, upset the run
And all was joy and hands were raised toward the sun 
As love in the halls of plenty overrun
Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh
Still in their bliss unchallenged mighty feast 
Unending dances shadowed on the day
Within their walls, their daunting formless keep
Preserved their joy and kept their doubts at bay
Faceless legions stood in readiness to weep
Just turn a coin, bring order to the fray
And everything is soon no sooner thought than deed 
But no one seemed to question in anyway
Uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh
How keen the storied hunter's eye prevails upon the land 
To seek the unsuspecting and the weak
And powerless the fabled sat, too smug to lift a hand 
Toward the foe that threatened from the deep
Who cares to dry the cheeks of those who saddened stand 
Adrift upon a sea of futile speech? 
And to fall to fate and make the 'status plan' 
But no one there had heaven within their reach
Singing uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh, uh-uh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh
Oh
Where was your word, where did you go?
Where was your helping, where was your bow? Bow
Bow
Dull is the armour, cold is the day
Hard was the journey, dark was the way, way
I heard the word, I couldn't stay, oh
I couldn't stand it another day, another day
Another day, another day
Touched by the timely coming
Roused from the keeper's sleep
Release the grip, throw down the key
Held now within the knowing
Rest now within the peace
Take of the fruit, but guard the seed
They had to stay
Held now within the knowing
Rest now within the peace
Take off the fruit, but guard the seed
Take off the fruit, but guard the seed
Songwriters: John Paul Jones / Jimmy Page / Robert Plant
Carouselambra lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc

Its almost like poetry ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dandak said:

Quite right. Maybe this forum needs an area where lyrics are posted to be the definitive guide to the songs. I for one would love to know what Plant really says on Carouselambra.

It must be something about being Beatle-laid? 🙄

All of the lyrics on that album are published in the official songbook(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's "beaglegged" woman, hence the title, Black Dog.

I'm here to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

sorry, but it is totally ridiculous just like the people who hear the words to Bad Moon Rising as "there's a bathroom on the right"

Are you claiming it is not "there's a bathroom on the right?" Surely sir ye jest as everyone knows there is indeed a bathroom on the right...ladies on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jabe said:

It's "beaglegged" woman, hence the title, Black Dog.

I'm here to help.

I don't care for beaglegged ladies as they tend to shit where they eat and howl when perturbed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't someone shoot an email to Robert and clear this up once and for all??? LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, hey mama said the way you move
Gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove
Ah ah child way ya shake that thing
Gon' make you burn, gon' make you sting
Hey, hey baby when you walk that way
Watch your honey drip, I can't keep away

Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah

I gotta roll I can't stand still
Got a flamin' heart can't get my fill
With eyes that shine, burnin' red
Dreams of you all through my head

Ah ah ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Hey baby, whoa my baby, my pretty baby
Darlin' makes 'em do it now
Hey baby, oh my baby, my pretty baby
Move the way you're doin' now

Didn't take too long 'fore I found out
What people mean by down and out
Spent my money, took my car
Started tellin' her friends she gon' be a star
I don't know but I been told
A big legged woman ain't got no soul

Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah ah
Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, yeah

All I ask for all I pray
Steady rollin' woman gon' come my way
Need a woman gonna hold my hand
Won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man

Ah ah ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah ah ah, ah

Oh yeah
Darlin' makes 'em do it now
Yeah-yeah. yeah-yeah. yeah-yeah
Darlin' makes 'em do it now
Babe! babe!
Wooh, keep doin' it babe

(Busted) hey
(Busted) hey
(Busted) hey
(Busted) hey

(Busted) hey, yeah
(Busted) hey, yeah
(Busted) hey, yeah
Oh, yeah

Oh-ah
(Well done)

Darlin' makes 'em do it now
Darlin' makes 'em do it now

Edited by hummingbird69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×