What's the weather like where you are?

madison

It is going to snow in New Orleans for the first time

since 1985. Only the third time in my lifetime.

Hi Potted! :wave:

You forgot 12/8/2008! We had a big, fluffy snow then! It was great, except I got stuck on I -12 for hours!

NOLA-area is not the place to be with ice on road! Too many bridges!

I got stuck on the Huey P this past Friday evening! Horrible stuff!

All work is cancelled! :D

I am staying in!

After a week of hell, thanks to the lack of leadership in Atlanta, finally warming up. Unbelievable what took place here this week! A Governor who at first blamed the weather channel (based in Atlanta!)...the man does not have a clue IMO. The roads went to ice almost as soon as the snow hit the pavement. I am so glad that I did not have to get out on the roads, but it made for a horrible week. People with meetings trying to get in from the airport, people due to depart could not leave. It was not an easy week to say the least. The lack of leadership this week in this state was unbelievable! Sorry for my rant..like I said a long week. Looking forward to the mild weather for the weekend:-)

After a week of hell, thanks to the lack of leadership in Atlanta, finally warming up. Unbelievable what took place here this week! A Governor who at first blamed the weather channel (based in Atlanta!)...the man does not have a clue IMO. The roads went to ice almost as soon as the snow hit the pavement. I am so glad that I did not have to get out on the roads, but it made for a horrible week. People with meetings trying to get in from the airport, people due to depart could not leave. It was not an easy week to say the least. The lack of leadership this week in this state was unbelievable! Sorry for my rant..like I said a long week. Looking forward to the mild weather for the weekend:-)

Ms. Deb,

Thank goodness it's over and the weekend is here!

I sure thought of you during that horrible mess! :(

There is no way the powers that be can blame anyone but themselves!

People laughed here when they shut NOLA down for two days... I say the folks in charge finally did something right, for once! (remember the 1st attempt at Hurricane Contraflow? Ugh!) :D

I have been watching 'from the land of the ice and snow' and feeling so bad for you all!!! People can drive with an inch or two of snow on the ground, believe it or not!!! You just need someone with sand and ice melt...oh, and brains!!!!