What's the weather like where you are?

madison

@Walter

Thanks Chuck. Red weather warning (the highest) in place for the South West for tonight and us tomorrow.  The Met bods reckon that coastal areas are going to get a right hammering as there are already high tides and that could lead to widespread flooding. Whist we are in the hills it wont stop the snow and winds pummelling us. Got plenty of Bud and Rioja so we will be OK :D. It's the roof I'm concerned about.:(

Edited by chillumpuffer

6 hours ago, ebk said:

Good grief @chillumpuffer- you and Mrs. cp take care please!!  Good thing you're stocked up on the essentials - fingers crossed your house holds up.  All my best thoughts coming your way!!

@Walter

Thanks all. We live roughly around the word Kingdom is - maybe just below it. It's not too bad at the moment 07.30 am but it's about lunchtime when it is forecast to hit.  Weird really  because we don't get winds as high as this usually. Only time will tell folks.

She's arrived. It is wild outside. I am amazed we also still have electricity. 122mph wind recorded in The South West. Not sure if I have ever seen this type of thing since I was in a Typhoon in Thailand in the 90's. The sheep in the fields behind our house are not happy.

Of course London is all the news is reporting because they have a bit of rain and a stiff breeze. Boo Hoo. Poor them. :boohoo: 

Wow, some wind Eunice has brought us, we just saw a flying wheelie bin. The Mrs needed to go to the Bank, as we were coming up to the village there's a sandstone wall about four feet high, a wheelie bin came flying up and over the wall, must have cleared the top by a good foot or so, it came crashing down onto the pavement (sidewalk) just in front of us. Turned the corner, a little further on the was a brand new fence that's only been up for about six weeks blown over, there was a tree down a little further on. Glad to be back home now with a nice steaming hot mug of PG.

1098601691_AAdome.jpeg.788940ac0c093f79fa6471b4070d35bb.jpeg

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

She's arrived. It is wild outside. I am amazed we also still have electricity. 122mph wind recorded in The South West. Not sure if I have ever seen this type of thing since I was in a Typhoon in Thailand in the 90's. The sheep in the fields behind our house are not happy.

Of course London is all the news is reporting because they have a bit of rain and a stiff breeze. Boo Hoo. Poor them. :boohoo: 

I see that down there in "that london", the wind has torn a hole in the milleneum dome roof, who knew it was constructed out of "paper"  

AA dome.jpeg

Edited by JTM

43 minutes ago, Walter said:

Thanks for the update fellas from across the pond! JTM the bank is really open during that kind of weather? :blink: 122 mph wind is no joke - stay safe.

They were about to close early, my Mrs only just made it, just after 2pm. I wanted to go earlier, but then we would have missed the flying wheelie bin. Wish I'd had my dash cam on.

56 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

I'm surprised he could find one left open. Most of them closed years ago ;)

Thankfully we still have two, mine Lloyds, hers Barclays, I don't ever want to have to go online banking, so I'm glad we still have them.

So Eunice exited the country. We got away with it in comparison to other parts. The South West/ Wales.

Yes of course the papers are full of pictures from Londonstan. The odd tree down, 1mm of rain, usual shit from down there. The trains were cancelled . So what? That is regular up here. But hey anything to tell everyone how bad it was for them. The only thing they can learn from by reading the papers, is that they get to know that other parts of the country actually exist. A map to help them is always handy but still their eyes can't get past The Cotswolds. Ask most Southerners if they know where Newcastle is and the ain't got a fucking clue. Is it near Cardiff??

We were fine. It got a bit hairy in the afternoon. Roof still on and garden in tact.

18 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

So Eunice exited the country. We got away with it in comparison to other parts. The South West/ Wales.

Yes of course the papers are full of pictures from Londonstan. The odd tree down, 1mm of rain, usual shit from down there. The trains were cancelled . So what? That is regular up here. But hey anything to tell everyone how bad it was for them. The only thing they can learn from by reading the papers, is that they get to know that other parts of the country actually exist. A map to help them is always handy but still their eyes can't get past The Cotswolds. Ask most Southerners if they know where Newcastle is and the ain't got a fucking clue. Is it near Cardiff??

We were fine. It got a bit hairy in the afternoon. Roof still on and garden in tact.

Good stuff mate, glad you rode it out with no big dramas.

On 2/19/2022 at 10:13 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Great news! Glad the house is still intact and you are both safe. ✌🏼👊🏼 

3 minutes ago, ebk said:

The most important thing!  Happy to see you made it through safely!!

16 minutes ago, Walter said:

Great news! Glad the house is still intact and you are both safe. ✌🏼👊🏼 

Not out of the woods yet. We went out deep into the Peaks today and I have never seen so many flooded roads - ever. We've had another bad storm today and a few more forecast next week. It seriously is bad.

4 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Not out of the woods yet. We went out deep into the Peaks today and I have never seen so many flooded roads - ever. We've had another bad storm today and a few more forecast next week. It seriously is bad.

Good luck mate. I’m back from Oz on the 11th, so I hope it settles down