New Bloomington 75 Soundboard Snippets

ZepHead315

1 hour ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

Haha, I thought the Dallas one may get objections.  I suppose I meant oddball for a tour opening city  I do agree it is surprising this 1977 show isn’t available especially when other Texas shows were taped going back to 1969.

Edited by Sticks of Fire

On 2/26/2020 at 7:00 AM, Sticks of Fire said:

Interesting but certainly just a coincidence.   Maybe because they were in somewhat oddball places rather that at MSG or the LA Forum etc. 

On 2/26/2020 at 8:19 AM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I'm not sure I'd call Vancouver an oddball place either, at least in Zepp's case.  They seemed to love playing there and must have had quite a following there -- two shows there in '75 when they also did two in relatively nearby Seattle?  And Toronto didn't get any...  Plus, pretty well all of the other Vancouver shows exist in great quality recordings...

I was born in '95, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Detroit still a big deal in '72?

And in Atlanta's case, that show would've been a big deal locally since they were playing to close to 50,000 at the Braves' stadium...

13 minutes ago, lynxwizard said:

I am suprised more people are not talking about this. So Bloomington 75 exist, really hope this comes out, over at Royal Orleans where this came up the topic has been removed, interesting. I wonder why ?

It hasn’t been removed it was just moved to the members only section.

This has disaster written all over it. Over a show that no one has heard, and which almost certainly is not a good performance. 

First, the only link to the “Seller”, is one person - yet multiple people have now claimed to have had these clips in possession for years.  Not a good sign.

Second, we have no idea what EV pays for soundboards, how they get them, and who is involved. $20k could be a completely off the mark figure. It sounds ridiculous to me. 

Third, what if this deal actually happens? Now all soundboards and rare Zeppelin tapes will be further hoarded for $20k+? Regardless of quality. What happened to the previous made up figures of $10k per board?  Surely others remember the days in the 90s and 00s when otherwise reputable traders would deliberately gen-up their tapes, withold encores, or start enforcing “do not circulate” on everything that is perceived to have value. No thanks.

Fourth, EV, Graf, Tarantura, and Lighthouse are all still very actively putting things out. With Seattle 75 and the Osaka 71 boards out there, this is the golden age of bootlegs. New things are coming out all the time. With that amount of money, you could literally buy a ticket to Tokyo and have a better shot of walking into one of these stores and literally asking if you could fund a new release.

Fifth, it’s illegal, no?

There's a snowball's chance in hell anyone would get 20k for a Zep boot unless it was 100% verifiable that it was the only known source to exist. Even then, getting funding from a public auction would be near impossible considering only about 5% of fans pay for boots. The only real chance would be for a wealthy die hard fan to obtain it just for collectible value, meaning it probably still wouldn't be released.

Imagine dropping that sum on a recording and it being released for free later on. 

3 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Certainly this means the entire USA 1975 tour will be available from soundboard recordings over the next decade or two.

now if we could have the 1971 and 1972 shows or earlier it’ll be awesome!!

Maybe, maybe not.  This is obviously not the same source who's been supplying the '75 boards to EV all these years, but fair point:  there is now reason to believe that more of these boards exist outside the Zep camp.  That's great!

Although the snippet does sound like a board from early in the tour (there's no reference to Bloomington, only to earlier rehearsals where Page hurt his finger), I agree w/pluribus' comments above, something about this seems fishy.

23 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Maybe, maybe not.  This is obviously not the same source who's been supplying the '75 boards to EV all these years, but fair point:  there is now reason to believe that more of these boards exist outside the Zep camp.  That's great!

Although the snippet does sound like a board from early in the tour (there's no reference to Bloomington, only to earlier rehearsals where Page hurt his finger), I agree w/pluribus' comments above, something about this seems fishy.

I thought about that...the quality of Plant's voice is the best "evidence" that it is in fact Bloomington.

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

This has disaster written all over it. Over a show that no one has heard, and which almost certainly is not a good performance. 

First, the only link to the “Seller”, is one person - yet multiple people have now claimed to have had these clips in possession for years.  Not a good sign.

Second, we have no idea what EV pays for soundboards, how they get them, and who is involved. $20k could be a completely off the mark figure. It sounds ridiculous to me. 

Third, what if this deal actually happens? Now all soundboards and rare Zeppelin tapes will be further hoarded for $20k+? Regardless of quality. What happened to the previous made up figures of $10k per board?  Surely others remember the days in the 90s and 00s when otherwise reputable traders would deliberately gen-up their tapes, withold encores, or start enforcing “do not circulate” on everything that is perceived to have value. No thanks.

Fourth, EV, Graf, Tarantura, and Lighthouse are all still very actively putting things out. With Seattle 75 and the Osaka 71 boards out there, this is the golden age of bootlegs. New things are coming out all the time. With that amount of money, you could literally buy a ticket to Tokyo and have a better shot of walking into one of these stores and literally asking if you could fund a new release.

Fifth, it’s illegal, no?

Agreed, in theory with all honest and good people it will be awesome.  But to no ones fault it will end in a disaster.

Might as well sit back and wait for all of the soundboards to just come out their own.

25 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It's the bootleg market. Everything about it is fishy.

Yep.   You pay $20k for it and then the guy already sold it the week before to a bootleg company for $10k and is laughing at everyone because the boot comes out in 3 days after you forked out $20k.   I’d sit back and let EVSD do the work 

Edited by Sticks of Fire

3 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Yep.   You pay $20k for it and then the guy already sold it the week before to a bootleg company for $10k and is laughing at everyone because the boot comes out in 3 days after you forked out $20k.   I’d sit back and let EVSD do the work 

Definitely let the professionals handle it, yes;  however, wasn't the plan discussed on RO to be some sort of crowd-funding campaign?  In which case any individual's risk is in the $150-200 range?  Still, I wouldn't get anywhere near this, given only the information we have now.

30 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Definitely let the professionals handle it, yes;  however, wasn't the plan discussed on RO to be some sort of crowd-funding campaign?  In which case any individual's risk is in the $150-200 range?  Still, I wouldn't get anywhere near this, given only the information we have now.

The guys over at RO are really cool.  Your Overlord, and Pernod and DanTheMan and Dadgad and many others and Pmonk seems like a funny as hell but very intelligent trouble maker; gotta love him!!  So they have good intentions and yep, losing $150 is peanuts, but going in you might as well think something wrong will happen.

Itll come out somehow one day. 

Edited by Sticks of Fire

3 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The guys over at RO are really cool.  Your Overlord, and Pernod and DanTheMan and Dadgad and many others and Pmonk seems like a funny as hell but very intelligent trouble maker; gotta love him!!  So they have good intentions and yep, losing $150 is peanuts, but going in you might as well think something wrong will happen.

Itll come out somehow one day. 

The 928 release cost what, $160 for the basic package? This includes the artwork, packaging and silvers. If we’re talking $150 each to crowd fund (possibly even more), I’m really wondering what the upside is for those involved? Seems like a fair bit of risk (see Pluribus’s comments) for a return that is not as good as a standard EV package. Makes me think the seller is attempting to get more than they usually do from EV. It’s a classic case of generating a bidding war. Just my opinion.