Untitled

apantherfrommd

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

A nice place to visit, but apparently NOBODY wants to live there!

An old friend of mine had his throat slashed by a mugger in NO back in the 90's. He lived but has one hell of a scar. It was a miracle he survived.

NO, America's oldest large city & port city, some very beautiful architecture and culture but the crime. Fugetaboutit.

Edited by BobDobbs

On 7/27/2021 at 6:34 AM, Walter said:

6F5ED659-D51A-49AD-921B-484DD43A913A.jpeg

Your point being what?  That other than Alaska, it appears that violent criminal homicides appear to be centered around the African-American demographic.  I get the deal with Louisiana and Alabama. But look an Maryland, that higher rate is all about Baltimore.

Interestingly, Illinois and California you would think higher, but owing to massively large state populations, the higher localized crime stats (Compton, Oakland, South Chicago) are mitigated by a larger mostly non violent population across the rest of those two states.

I get why Idaho and Maine are so low. Lower population, and specifically a certain majority demographic they both share, even as both are on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

I will need to take a look at New Mexico, and see what in underlying there, and why their violent crime is above the national average. There is a lot drug offenders in ABQ, some really, really low rent areas. So, those must be inflating the averages for the whole state. A state of only 2 million people.

21 hours ago, kipper said:

Your point being what?  That other than Alaska, it appears that violent criminal homicides appear to be centered around the African-American demographic.  I get the deal with Louisiana and Alabama. But look an Maryland, that higher rate is all about Baltimore.

Interestingly, Illinois and California you would think higher, but owing to massively large state populations, the higher localized crime stats (Compton, Oakland, South Chicago) are mitigated by a larger mostly non violent population across the rest of those two states.

I get why Idaho and Maine are so low. Lower population, and specifically a certain majority demographic they both share, even as both are on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

I will need to take a look at New Mexico, and see what in underlying there, and why their violent crime is above the national average. There is a lot drug offenders in ABQ, some really, really low rent areas. So, those must be inflating the averages for the whole state. A state of only 2 million people.

NM is high due to Roswell & ABQ. Roswell is the destination hub for most drugs coming out of Nuevo Laredo & El Paso for distribution to the rest of the country by way of ABQ.

Honestly, most people are not aware but Roswell is a seriously scary place and it ain't the aliens doing the disappearing of people, its the cartels.

GIF explosion - animated GIF on GIFER

On 7/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, BobDobbs said:

NM is high due to Roswell & ABQ. Roswell is the destination hub for most drugs coming out of Nuevo Laredo & El Paso for distribution to the rest of the country by way of ABQ.

Honestly, most people are not aware but Roswell is a seriously scary place and it ain't the aliens doing the disappearing of people, its the cartels.

Thanks for the info.  There are a lot of low rent places in people all over this country.

Nothing good ever comes from drug use or gangs.  People complain about crime and cartels, and then support them by buying dope. And pot is in that group too.  For people to believe the drug cartels are the major pot suppliers, people who murder, rape, and wreak havoc all over Mexico. Maybe some folk ought to think about that the next time they light up a doobie.

Many people will whine about clothing companies with slave labor, only to support the drug cartels by their "recreation substance" of choice.

4 hours ago, kipper said:

People complain about crime and cartels, and then support them by buying dope. And pot is in that group too.  For people to believe the drug cartels are the major pot suppliers, people who murder, rape, and wreak havoc all over Mexico. Maybe some folk ought to think about that the next time they light up a doobie.

Many people will whine about clothing companies with slave labor, only to support the drug cartels by their "recreation substance" of choice.

Couldn't agree more. All the more reason to fully legalise dope. I smoke, my 18 year old son knows I do (I don't flaunt it, but I don't lie) and is completely uninterested - which is great.

Could not agree more.

9 hours ago, kipper said:

Thanks for the info.  There are a lot of low rent places in people all over this country.

Nothing good ever comes from drug use or gangs.  People complain about crime and cartels, and then support them by buying dope. And pot is in that group too.  For people to believe the drug cartels are the major pot suppliers, people who murder, rape, and wreak havoc all over Mexico. Maybe some folk ought to think about that the next time they light up a doobie.

Exactly, look what happened with Prohibition from 1920-1933 and the crime it created. Legalize it at the federal level and all of those problems will disappear.

On 7/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, redrum said:

GIF explosion - animated GIF on GIFER

What do you think Red, ABQ or Oakland, which city is more sketchy?

• 9 months later...
23 hours ago, kipper said:

Craving a McRib sandwich and a shamrock shake.

I get a hazlenut ice coffee from McD's every day. It's my addiction. 

We usually don't get many here, but a 1/2 crazy babbling woman showed up today. They called the cops because she had been in the bathroom for over 30 miuntes. She didn't have any kind of coat for protection against the cold rain. Don't know where she ended up. ☹️

ICE COFFEE.webp

On 5/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, kipper said:

HBO is free this weekend.  Loading up on old Soprano's episodes.

Holy Shit! Almost missed watching season 11 of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Gas prices headed for $7 per gallon here in California.  Stock market falling. Homeless camps and open drug scenes in our cities. Cartels in charge of our southern border. But at least we are all agree that banning plastic lids at Starbucks is the top priority.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, kipper said:

Gas prices headed for $7 per gallon here in California.  Stock market falling. Homeless camps and open drug scenes in our cities. Cartels in charge of our southern border. But at least we are all agree that banning plastic lids at Starbucks is the top priority.

spacer.png

Title 42 on hold. Of course they'll say it's racist because that was Jackie Robinson's number. 😄

When you fail at trying to keep the party narrative going.

Dem Rep. Beatty blames White supremacy for Dallas Korean hair salon shooting, but suspect is Black

The chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) blamed White supremacy for last week's shooting at a Dallas Korean hair salon, but the suspect charged with carrying out the attack is Black.

Rep. Joyce Beatty, D-Ohio, made the claim at a Thursday press conference outside the Capitol that saw House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in attendance.

"On Monday, three people in a Korean-owned hair salon in Dallas were gunned by yet another White supremacy replacement theorist," Beatty said to the assembled crowd.

DALLAS POLICE CHIEF: KOREATOWN HAIR SALON SHOOTING SUSPECT ‘MOTIVATED BY HATE’

"We are sick of the pipeline from racist rhetoric to racist violence," Beatty continued. In addition to botching the date of the shooting, Beatty got a key detail wrong about the "White supremacy replacement theorist" charged with attacking the Dallas salon: the suspect is Black.

9 hours ago, kipper said:

It's a historic dumpster fire. The only solution is to take out the trash responsible for it.

13 hours ago, kipper said:

Wonder where those posters are who keep saying that everything's great with Dems in charge?  Nowhere to be found of course and if they do show up it's the usual Trump, Russians, etc. insane garbage while everything keeps going to crap.  Elections have consequences, stolen elections have catastrophic consequences.