(partial) Minneapolis 75 SB liberated ?

duckman

5 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

It's interesting for sure and am looking forward to hearing the full version. Hearing only a minute or so of the track I can kind of see why they dropped it from the set. Maybe hearing the full version will change my mind, but first impression is I like the studio and outtake versions better.

Agree. It didn't seem to be a killer track live. I'd still love it though....

15 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Agree. It didn't seem to be a killer track live. I'd still love it though....

I find it odd that they didn't use an echo effect for the drums, and instead, Bonzo approximates the effect by doubling the bass and snare notes. 

3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I find it odd that they didn't use an echo effect for the drums, and instead, Bonzo approximates the effect by doubling the bass and snare notes. 

Good call.  It didn't even register with me because that's how I play it in order to get the effect lol.

Edited by Bonzo_fan

Re. WTLB:  drums come in too weak, but the guitar playing sounds good.  I just can't picture Plant playing a harmonica in '75.  And then this snippet cuts right into the end of Black Dog?  This whole Minneapolis board has played out strangely, I'd love to hear the story behind it.

5 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Re. WTLB:  drums come in too weak, but the guitar playing sounds good.  I just can't picture Plant playing a harmonica in '75.  And then this snippet cuts right into the end of Black Dog?  This whole Minneapolis board has played out strangely, I'd love to hear the story behind it.

Yeah, it's one that you definitely have to play fortissimo the whole way through on the skins.

12 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Yeah, it's one that you definitely have to play fortissimo the whole way through on the skins.

I wondered if that is the first ever reference in the Forum to "fortissimo" so I did a quick search.  It looks like this is the first !

6 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

Lmao, what an honour 🤓

LOL. Well, I'm going to go on a limb and assume pianissimo hasn't been used here either. I wouldn't say Bonzo came in pianissimo, maybe somewhere like mezzo-forte to forte. 🤓

12 hours ago, porgie66 said:

LOL. Well, I'm going to go on a limb and assume pianissimo hasn't been used here either. I wouldn't say Bonzo came in pianissimo, maybe somewhere like mezzo-forte to forte. 🤓

Hahaha, agreed.

1 minute ago, Flyingzepp said:

Not sure where you're seeing anything about a new sample here. It's just an article about the liberation of the Levee and Black Dog samples.

55 minutes ago, ledzepfilm said:

Not sure where you're seeing anything about a new sample here. It's just an article about the liberation of the Levee and Black Dog samples.

When it says >

According to Rapallo, here’s the full tracklist of the soundboard tape used for the recent bootleg release:

• Rock And Roll
  • Sick Again
  • Over The Hills And Far Away
  • When The Levee Breaks
  • The Song Remains The Same
  • The Rain Song
  • Kashmir
  • The Wanton Song (cut)

OTHAFA is one there too. Just thought maybe this is them confirming there is a new source with all of this.

1 hour ago, Flyingzepp said:

When it says >

According to Rapallo, here’s the full tracklist of the soundboard tape used for the recent bootleg release:

• Rock And Roll
  • Sick Again
  • Over The Hills And Far Away
  • When The Levee Breaks
  • The Song Remains The Same
  • The Rain Song
  • Kashmir
  • The Wanton Song (cut)

OTHAFA is one there too. Just thought maybe this is them confirming there is a new source with all of this.

Sam is talking about the source tape itself, not what is being released. He somehow has access to more details not publicly known and that’s what he was describing from. 

• 2 weeks later...

This whole tape situation seems bizarre. These frustrating snippets of Levee and inexplicably dumb cut to Black Dog ending beg the question , why? A full LA 75 board tape is coming soon and this is still tied up ?? Makes me wonder if the actual tape wasn't bought, and only bits were sold as copies / samples. Also, don't you just love when a sample is half Plantation....fuckin' hell. 😒

• 7 months later...