Pete Townshend's issue

weapon2010

What is the nature of Pete Townshend's issues with not only LZ?, hes also talked shit about the Beatles, Police. My personal opinion is he's just fucking with us and the media.If you ever watch the video of him talking about not liking one single thing that they have done , hes almost trying to control not laughing.

8 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

What is the nature of Pete Townshend's issues with not only LZ?, hes also talked shit about the Beatles, Police. My personal opinion is he's just fucking with us and the media.If you ever watch the video of him talking about not liking one single thing that they have done , hes almost trying to control not laughing.

Could be, it's one way to get media coverage and become relevant again, at least in his mind. Poor Pete

In my opinion, pure and simple jealousy.  

The Beatles were the biggest band in the 60's and Led Zeppelin were the biggest band in the 70's.

Edited to add:  I am not a big fan of the Police so I don't care what he has to say about them. 

Edited by kingzoso

It's just PT being PT, he hates everything, especially The Who. He's always been a grumpy git, I wouldn't take any of his hate this hate that too seriously. The "press" lap it up so he gives them what they want.

Pete Townsend and people in other bands that were around for five or more years before Zep started seem jealous of their meteoric rise. Zep formed in September of 1968 and by March of 1970 were big enough to sell out the LA Forum. Here's a review from that show that describes how hot the band were at that time (emphasis mine.)

"Zeppelin created more frenzy at the Forum than any group I’ve seen since the Stones’ appearance last year. At the end of the evening, hundreds had pushed their way into the aisles near the stage and thousands of others were standing in rhythm to the music.

The concert, which had been sold out for weeks, showed that Led Zeppelin is largely trying to recreate the sounds that have dominated English blues-rock in recent years."

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

A bitter individual who was very upset that Hendrix followed them on at Monterey. Never liked them (him) never will.

Such a grumpy man old Pete is. He should be happy he whacked Abbie Hoffman on the head with his axe when Hoffman jumped on stage. Hoffman had it coming (you NEVER jump on stage uninvited during a bands set), but obviously this action was not enough to satiate Pete's burning hatred of anything not composed exclusively by him. Either that or its all a poorly orchestrated PR stunt which has been going on for over five decades.

• 3 weeks later...