The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

7 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Once again, anger clouds the mind. I'm not telling you to get a vaccine - don't get it if you don't think it's safe.

The vaccines were indeed rushed, developed very quickly. That's why (with one exception, I forget which) they still have emergency use authorization rather than full regular authorization. They also do have side effects, and some of them are quite serious and life-threatening - for example the 6-7 people who died of blood clot-related issues after receiving the J&J vaccine (which is not an mRNA vaccine BTW). They are quite rare, though (remember, more than 12 billion shots have been administered so far worldwide), and the risk of mortality from a COVID vaccine is many orders of magnitude less than the risk of mortality from COVID. So too is the risk of myocarditis from a COVID vaccine lower than the risk of myocarditis from having COVID. We know all this precisely because there is a massive amount of clinical data on COVID vaccines, and that data is the foundation for the strong international medical and expert consensus that they are safe and effective, and as safe or safer than other vaccines that have been successfully used for decades to protect against (and in some cases, virtually eradicate) diseases.

I don't say this to try to convince you to get vaccinated - do as you wish. I say it simply because it's true.

Hydroxychloroquine is not an effective COVID treatment, and it's not  "perfectly safe" - it produces dangerous side effects (which have been well-known with that family of drugs for decades now - this is not new or controversial information). That's just a fact.

I'm not poo-pooing anything. As anyone can clearly see, I agree that the vaccines were developed on an accelerated schedule and that they have side effects, and that people have died from them. But every one of your posts I've seen on this topic contains factual assertions that are clearly and demonstrably untrue. In this exchange, one of us has demonstrated a willingness to discern fact from fantasy and to admit to facts that do not necessarily support their overall position. And the other one has responded with name-calling ("loser," edited now I see to "leftie" - whatever turns you on a fuels your preconceptions I guess), tangential and juvenile memes, and a level of rage that seems bizarrely over the top in a civil discussion between adults. I'm confident anyone reading this thread with an open mind can decide for themselves which is which.

Holy shit. Where did you come from? I had given this thread up for dead as a Qanon sinkhole but you have managed to salvage it somewhat.

Vaxxed twice myself plus a booster shot and still have not contracted the virus while at least 32 people I know personally got covid. As far as I'm concerned, the vaccine has worked for me and no side effects.

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

Holy shit. Where did you come from? I had given this thread up for dead as a Qanon sinkhole but you have managed to salvage it somewhat.

Vaxxed twice myself plus a booster shot and still have not contracted the virus while at least 32 people I know personally got covid. As far as I'm concerned, the vaccine has worked for me and no side effects.

I am the ONLY unvaxxed person at my workplace,  about 60 at any given time, plus another 60 at least customers....I'm virtually the only one (there is a few others) who haven't had covid.

My strengthened immune system has worked for me.

Holy shit, isn't that amazing. QANON sink-hole dwellers are still alive.

4 hours ago, tmtomh said:

You've got a lot of axes to grind, and I'm not quite sure why you're flailing away at me about them. I never said anything about Trump one way or the other. Your point about HDQ is meaningless outside the context of COVID in which you raised it. As for name-calling, I didn't say I was hurt, upset, or offended; I merely pointed it out. 

We certainly have serious disagreements about politics; I think that was obvious from the outset, and that's fine. We also have disagreements about some of the basic facts that form the foundations of the issues we're disagreeing about, and I think that tends to make discussion more difficult. I do very much agree with you that this country has major problems. I suspect we might agree on what some of those problems are, disagree about what some of those problems are, and disagree quite a bit about the sources of them and what should be done about them. At any rate, from my perspective it seems like our discussion has run its course, so I'm happy to leave it on what seems to be a fairly civil note if you are.

Just wanted to say I appreciate you being civil 🙂

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Good for you!!  so what you got vaxxed ! you want a friggin medal?? I know people who are vaxxed who got sick anyway, twice! How's that??

And just to set your broken record straight,  I have never visited or even read anything about qanon and I know nothing of what that site espouses.. I do not subscribe to any reddit pages or substacks and the only time I ever see anything from reddit is when someone here posts a link to a reddit page and even then I rarely care to click on them. So give it a rest when it comes to your ridiculous suppositions about this being a qanon sinkhole. This is the only place I make my political feelings known. I do not visit other political forums nor do I sit around hunting for shit all day like so many others seem to do. I have a life outside of the internet and I come here when I am bored or simply have the time to waste.

6 hours ago, slave to zep said:

This should be on the news, but oh no, shhhhhh

Doesn't something seemingly so incredible - that is absolutely ignored by the news give you pause to think slave?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-canada-doctors-deaths-covid-vaccines-352319081218

^That took me all of 5 seconds to find. I'm not saying my link is factual and the other link is not, I'm just thinking about who it is that "turn their heads away".

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Doesn't something seemingly so incredible - that is absolutely ignored by the news give you pause to think slave?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-canada-doctors-deaths-covid-vaccines-352319081218

^That took me all of 5 seconds to find. I'm not saying my link is factual and the other link is not, I'm just thinking about who it is that "turn their heads away".

Don't you know who owns the media?????

Edited by slave to zep

16 hours ago, rm2551 said:

It's less about turning your head away than reading your own sources.  This article doesn't deny that the three doctors in question received the shot prior to death, it only points out that they had preexisting conditions.  We'll note once again the staggering dishonesty of the MSM (and those who appeal to their authority), because preexisting conditions were deemed irrelevant (indeed, unacceptable to even mention) when the COVID hysteria was in full throttle in 2020-21.  Now all of a sudden it becomes a rationale for vaccine injuries.  And this is the point:  if it was only these three doctors, you could dismiss their deaths as unrelated to the vax itself.  But it's not just them:  it's other doctors, healthy athletes in the prime of their life, celebrities, previously healthy young people, etc. who are all of a sudden experiencing health problems (including death) that never before afflicted these demographics in such numbers.  There's a clear pattern to see, if you're not too stupid or dishonest to open your eyes.

Edited by JohnOsbourne

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's less about turning your head away than reading your own sources.  This article doesn't deny that the three doctors in question received the shot prior to death, it only points out that they had preexisting conditions.  We'll note once again the staggering dishonesty of the MSM (and those who appeal to their authority), because preexisting conditions were deemed irrelevant (indeed, unacceptable to even mention) when the COVID hysteria was in full throttle in 2020-21.  Now all of a sudden it becomes a rationale for vaccine injuries.  And this is the point:  if it was only these three doctors, you could dismiss their deaths as unrelated to the vax itself.  But it's not just them:  it's other doctors, healthy athletes in the prime of their life, celebrities, previously healthy young people, etc. who are all of a sudden experiencing health problems (including death) that never before afflicted these demographics in such numbers.  There's a clear pattern to see, if you're not too stupid or dishonest to open your eyes.

I seriously can't believe everyone can't see this.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

CDC’s COVID-19 prevention recommendations no longer differentiate based on a person’s vaccination status because breakthrough infections occur, though they are generally mild (16), and persons who have had COVID-19 but are not vaccinated have some degree of protection against severe illness from their previous infection (17). 

Summary of Guidance for Minimizing the Impact of COVID-19 on Individual Persons, Communities, and Health Care Systems — United States, August 2022 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

In other words (yet again), it was all bullshit.  

4 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Straight from the horse's mouth:

CDC’s COVID-19 prevention recommendations no longer differentiate based on a person’s vaccination status because breakthrough infections occur, though they are generally mild (16), and persons who have had COVID-19 but are not vaccinated have some degree of protection against severe illness from their previous infection (17). 

Summary of Guidance for Minimizing the Impact of COVID-19 on Individual Persons, Communities, and Health Care Systems — United States, August 2022 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

In other words (yet again), it was all bullshit.  

It was, is and will be.