The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Sure, you can think up all kinds of "what ifs" and "maybes", or you can believe what's clearly in front of your eyes.

What it is....IS. Can you not see clearly what the gist of my post is ? 

There's some sort of blind devotion going on here. Your clarity in that is the blindness you have with unbiased facts and deductible hypotheses.

Edited by Josemanno
Messedup

13 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Thank goodness someone posted this. Of course that system only favors one party. JackOsbourne, Stephanie B Bones, Hummer69, and please Custard Pie in my face are on some other level thoughts. Not being able to listen to anyone or ever admit that they could possibly be incorrect, or even have a wrong idea and or thought just shows that. 

Again, great post. 

not sure why i'm included but whatever, good luck with your business , we need more people willing to take chances in this country, i'll be 61 late august, self employed construction with my 3 brothers, for over 40 years we built subdivisions, ball fields, with our heavy equipment, employed many, and never collected a penny , all the while putting 3 kids through college, in ct. a state almost as liberal as Cali. ,  hope business continues well for you and yours

On 8/9/2022 at 1:43 PM, custard pie man said:

yeah get it here in ct. also, blueberries, raspberries and black berries, great stuff but 2 years ago quart cost under 2 bucks , now over 5

I just went to farm market and like an idiot I gave the guy $5 a quart for home grown Tomatoes. You cant get good tomatoes until this time of year so I was desperate. Than I walk across and find the other woman I usually buy from and it was $3.50.  I bought peach's too.  Not ripe yet but I love them also.  Yes, up in Ct, and the NE at this time of year great crops.  And the rain was good this year for a change.  Lots of rain here in upstate NY.  So lots of good tomatoes and peach's coming.

On 8/9/2022 at 8:03 PM, Josemanno said:

There is no true red state blue state divide. Every community has people of all persuations and if there ever was a ridiculously considered red vs. blue conflict...it would go house to house...there is no real delineation like state to state, region to region, county to county, town to town or even neighborhood to neighborhood. 

It's an insane proposal to even begin to believe there'd be anything but chaos for any side you may have sentiments for. 

These posts calling for the red/blue fight/battle/ war...whatever you want to call it is so absurd as to be from insanity itself.

To a degree there is a divide.  You are right in some ways but the South is far more red. NY and CA of course are the classic blue and the red are well defined.  Just like here where a little Hummingbird is flying around.  I think he is a  ruby throated.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I just went to farm market and like an idiot I gave the guy $5 a quart for home grown Tomatoes. You cant get good tomatoes until this time of year so I was desperate. Than I walk across and find the other woman I usually buy from and it was $3.50.  I bought peach's too.  Not ripe yet but I love them also.  Yes, up in Ct, and the NE at this time of year great crops.  And the rain was good this year for a change.  Lots of rain here in upstate NY.  So lots of good tomatoes and peach's coming.

you took all our rain, you Buffalo winger you, shit we haven't had rain in 3 months, no reason to cut grass, all brown, so my 5 dollar driscoll blackberries have mold on them after 2 days, wife threw them out, got fked again without any loving lol

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

To a degree there is a divide.  You are right in some ways but the South is far more red. NY and CA of course are the classic blue and the red are well defined.  Just like here where a little Hummingbird is flying around.  I think he is a  ruby throated.

To a degree, yes. But as I thought I clearly posted previously, it is not absolute. Even in the South, when you look at all the red, and they're divided by counties, there are still blue (democrats) in each and every county, some close to the majority of the reds ( repubs).

If there was a 'war', where are the southern demos going ? Everyone moving up north or to Cali ? In those counties that show blue, like Davidson here in Tenn., Where are the repubs going ? To a more rural red area

What about all the repubs in NYC or LA ? Where are they going ? Wyoming or Idaho ?

See...each community small and large have numbers of each. The 'battle' will be house to house...the red/blue divide looks clearcut but isnt at all. 

RIght wingers diss California, a majority blue state so it gets the BLUE color making it look like everyone is the stereotyped liberal given by the right. Do you know how many right wingers live in California ? In each community ? Its millions in the state ! Even SF had rightwingers, its not all what its stereotyped to be.

My point is...there can be no true war, conflict with our widespread political diversity. It would be beyond chaotic.

If I'm not clear enough, sorry. If what I've posted isn't enough to be understood, sorry. Do your own community to community examination and tell me what you find.

Edited by Josemanno
Mistakes in spelling

3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

you took all our rain, you Buffalo winger you, shit we haven't had rain in 3 months, no reason to cut grass, all brown, so my 5 dollar driscoll blackberries have mold on them after 2 days, wife threw them out, got fked again without any loving lol

Pretty rare year to get as much as we did.  i have a ginger gold apple tree in back yard, full of golden apples, best crop Ive ever seen on this tree

3 hours ago, Josemanno said:

To a degree, yes. But as I thought I clearly posted previously, it is not absolute. Even in the South, when you look at all the red, and they're divided by counties, there are still blue (democrats) in each and every county, some close to the majority of the reds ( repubs).

If there was a 'war', where are the southern demos going ? Everyone moving up north or to Cali ? In those counties that show blue, like Davidson here in Tenn., Where are the repubs going ? To a more rural red area

What about all the repubs in NYC or LA ? Where are they going ? Wyoming or Idaho ?

See...each community small and large have numbers of each. The 'battle' will be house to house...the red/blue divide looks clearcut but isnt at all. 

RIght wingers diss California, a majority blue state so it gets the BLUE color making it look like everyone is the stereotyped liberal given by the right. Do you know how many right wingers live in California ? In each community ? Its millions in the state ! Even SF had rightwingers, its not all what its stereotyped to be.

My point is...there can be no true war, conflict with our widespread political diversity. It would be beyond chaotic.

If I'm not clear enough, sorry. If what I've posted isn't enough to be understood, sorry. Do your own community to community examination and tell me what you find.

Well I agree with what you are saying. I do not see a war like the Civil war happening ever again in this day and age, even as much as the divide has become.  Bigger fish to fry like China and N Korea.  But the US is sure divided and its NOT the best country on Earth any more.  I kind of like Australia.  At least what I see of it and Sweden and some of those countries. They do not seem to have the BS that we have.  

12 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well I agree with what you are saying. I do not see a war like the Civil war happening ever again in this day and age, even as much as the divide has become.  Bigger fish to fry like China and N Korea.  But the US is sure divided and its NOT the best country on Earth any more.  I kind of like Australia.  At least what I see of it and Sweden and some of those countries. They do not seem to have the BS that we have.  

I would like to go to New Zealand for many reasons. 

When looking at the red/blue county by county map....looks like there are 4 states wherein every counties majority is blue, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Vermont and Massachusetts. 2 look like all red, Oklahoma and West Virginia. Politics aside....looks like a no brainer as far as the best places to go. 😉

Edited by Josemanno
Mistake

17 minutes ago, Josemanno said:

I would like to go to New Zealand for many reasons. 

When looking at the red/blue county by county map....looks like there are 4 states wherein every counties majority is blue, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Vermont and Massachusetts. 2 look like all red, Oklahoma and West Virginia. Politics aside....looks like a no brainer as far as the best places to go. 😉

Always wanted to see the Blue Ridge mountains in W Virginia.  Likely an 8 hour drive or so from here.   Just like Boston and Cape Cod but a different direction.  I just do not know which hillbilly hotel I would want to trust.

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That's because they are homogenous societies, and Australia has the added luxury of not sharing borders with anyone. That said, both have their own bullshit and lots of it. 

Yes, we live in isolation with no common borders with any other country. We also have strict quarantine laws to protect our environment with zero tolerance to anyone who breaks them or misleads Customs. See Amber Heard who failed to declare or quarantine her dogs on a visit in 2015 and is facing potential perjury charges that comes with a possible 14-year prison sentence as well as heavy fines as a consequence. The biggest bullshitters to come out of America is Donals Trump and the aforementioned AH and they are both in trouble, with the FBI no less.

The only bullshit we have here is comparable to other countries with that being the politicians and the media. Also, the BS on this forum and spurious internet sources by people who may have visited (I doubt it) but haven't lived here or in NZ for an extended period and wouldn't have a clue what life is like here and wouldn't know shit from clay. I'm interested to know what bullshit you're referring to.

I don't profess to know what it's like to live in the US, UK or anywhere else for that matter so I don't make any assumptions. The only knowledge available is past history and what is reported in mainstream media, and I believe only half of what I see and not much of anything I hear or read.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Australia's politicians. Bunch of virtue signalling, power-grabbing fascists. 

Most politicians everywhere are tarred with the same brush.  Usually, it's party first, themselves second and the country last.

28 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Each and every person who was fired kicked out of the military or anywhere else for not complying should now be reinstated with a raise. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:34 AM, SteveAJones said:

That's because they are homogenous societies, and Australia has the added luxury of not sharing borders with anyone. That said, both have their own bullshit and lots of it. 

Im sure they do, but it does not seem to be as bad as ours?   However they seem to flip the Prime Minister seat very quickly.  Its tough to hold office there it seems.  Tony Blair, in the news still due to MH370, which Ocean Infinity is ready to go find if not for that stinking Malasian government

On 8/6/2022 at 8:28 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

Uh-oh, the forum police are here;  everyone, quick, hide your stash!

On a more serious note, I will say this re. Zep:  avoiding UK residency in the 70's for tax purposes does not exactly scream "bleeding heart liberal".

No forum police, just someone making an observation, which you have no evidence or reasoning to counter. Ssuch a snowflake, crying censorship when someone expresses a view different than yours. Poor little aggrieved victim.

Yes indeed, Zep, like many bands, did become tax exiles for a period (hence the lyrics to Tea for One). But since I was not arguing they are "bleeding heart liberals," it's irrelevant. It's also irrelevant since one's views on 1970s UK tax policy have nothing to do with whether or not one believes in the basics of science or understands what a contagion is or how a virus works. 

Normally I might add something like, "Come on, you can do better than that." But you can't do better than that, so I won't.

Edited by tmtomh

1 hour ago, tmtomh said:

No forum police, just someone making an observation, which you have no evidence or reasoning to counter. Ssuch a snowflake, crying censorship when someone expresses a view different than yours. Poor little aggrieved victim.

Yes indeed, Zep, like many bands, did become tax exiles for a period (hence the lyrics to Tea for One). But since I was not arguing they are "bleeding heart liberals," it's irrelevant. It's also irrelevant since one's views on 1970s UK tax policy have nothing to do with whether or not one believes in the basics of science or understands what a contagion is or how a virus works. 

Normally I might add something like, "Come on, you can do better than that." But you can't do better than that, so I won't.

Pure projection.  We know terms like "snowflake" or "NPC" or "groomer" really hit the mark, because liberals try (and fail) to co-opt them, but wind up misapplying them.