The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

Why did large swaths of society suddenly buy into masking toddlers or restricting people from visiting their loved ones, even as they lay on their deathbeds? I sit down with Mattias Desmet, a professor of clinical psychology and author of “The Psychology of Totalitarianism.” Desmet is one of the world’s leading experts on the phenomenon known as “mass formation,” which can occur when people are isolated from one another and free-floating anxiety is prevalent. “The real reason why they buy into the narrative is always because it leads to this new social bond, because it frees them from their anxiety, because it enables them to direct their frustration and aggression at something,” Desmet says.

Just stumbled upon this thread. Wow. Plant, Page, and Jones would be aghast that the official forum of their band is hosting the misinformation, conspiracy mongering, and rightwing lunacy evident in this thread.

@sam_webmaster, I take it you're aware of this dumpster fire?

Edited by tmtomh

11 hours ago, tmtomh said:

Just stumbled upon this thread. Wow. Plant, Page, and Jones would be aghast that the official forum of their band is hosting the misinformation, conspiracy mongering, and rightwing lunacy evident in this thread.

@sam_webmaster, I take it you're aware of this dumpster fire?

My thoughts exactly. All my associations with Zeppelin and fans never displayed the attitudes I see here amongst a rightwing mindset. It's very odd. 

Old hippie ways were never in these posters or they abandoned them with ageing. They sound more like the anti-rock crowd like many of our parents were and the "turn it down" scorn we'd get. 

Unworthy in my mind of a Led Zeppelin fan.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo gave a breakdown of how the initial vaccine from Pfizer, a NY company, will be distributed.  In NY, 170,000 doses will go to Nursing Homes and staff to start.  21 days later the 2nd batch of 170,000 goes to the same as a 2nd shot is needed.  About 205,000 will cover all nursing homes and staff.  BUT, its not known how many will refuse the vaccine and what will be done with the doses that are left because of this. Studies have indicated as many as 20 % could refuse based on fear.  Cuomo said he himself will take the vaccine and show his confidence in it.  I know that the United Kingdom will have at least 50 million sent from Pfizer via Belgium in the initial round.  I am not sure how the other states will go, as far as the numbers?  There is another company that will have it ready very soon also.  

This was your thread,you have not curated it and rarely posted in it.

You are the dickhead I always thought you were.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, Josemanno said:

My thoughts exactly. All my associations with Zeppelin and fans never displayed the attitudes I see here amongst a rightwing mindset. It's very odd. 

Old hippie ways were never in these posters or they abandoned them with ageing. They sound more like the anti-rock crowd like many of our parents were and the "turn it down" scorn we'd get. 

Unworthy in my mind of a Led Zeppelin fan.

Honestly I have been waiting for someone to say this. I certainly don’t believe we all have to think the same way, or believe in the same things. But I too have thought about the thoughts of the three surviving members, and what their thoughts would be on a number of these topics. And not that they would be right or wrong. I’ve just truly wondered what a group of musicians who were certainly ahead of the times, and of the time. To each their own I suppose, but I like that you posted this. 

Maybe some humility IS what's needed in this thread, however....those who are seemingly humiliated have a rich, again, very rich vocabulary throughout this forum opposite of the peace, love, and understanding of the ideals we as Zep fans should embrace. Humiliation is sometimes the only way to get thru and to expose such far right behavior and expression. Some use words to shoot down hate, others use physically violent insinuation, and direct speech, to shoot (bang, bang) down their "prey".

I've seen far than one instance of a poster basically advocating a hanging of one of our countries leaders for trying to mitigate a health issue here. It's repulsive.

Edited by Josemanno
Messedup

18 hours ago, Plant77 said:

👍we do indeed need to show each other more respect. 

But you wont get it. There are certain members on here (especially in this thread) who have been banned numerous times but they just can't resist the urge to come back time and time again. They spew their right wing garbage and turn every thread into their own political agenda and TRY and belittle anyone who disagrees with them, contrary to the forum rules. I have reported at least 3 on here for breaking the guidelines but they are still here.

I think these sad, lonely trolls are the reason that the input of many old heads that used to have fun on here have sadly disappeared.

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

But you wont get it. There are certain members on here (especially in this thread) who have been banned numerous times but they just can't resist the urge to come back time and time again. They spew their right wing garbage and turn every thread into their own political agenda and TRY and belittle anyone who disagrees with them, contrary to the forum rules. I have reported at least 3 on here for breaking the guidelines but they are still here.

I think these sad, lonely trolls are the reason that the input of many old heads that used to have fun on here have sadly disappeared.

I agree with you. I have been a long time forum reader, and joined a few years ago. The past members who have left for various reasons are missed. There are some people in this thread and this site who seem to thrive on getting a reaction out of others. I honestly need to do a better job at just moving past it. 

Have a great day. Be well. 

39 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So now I hear there is some "monkeyvox" to worry about?  No end

No worries...unless you are in a VERY specific demographic and participate in irresponsible behavior.  Otherwise you are 99.9999% safe from catching it. 

Fauci has a stark warning for you: Get those COVID vaccines and boosters now, or you’re ‘going to get into trouble’

Chloe Taylor
Thu, August 4, 2022 at 6:08 AM
  •  
  •  

Anyone who hasn’t had all their COVID vaccination shots could be in for a difficult time as the colder seasons approach and the virus continues to spread, America’s top doctor has warned.

“There are enough people who don’t fall into [high-risk] categories, that if they don’t get vaccinated, if they don’t get boosted, they’re going to get into trouble,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House’s chief medical adviser, told L.A. radio station KNX’s In Depth show on Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

No worries...unless you are in a VERY specific demographic and participate in irresponsible behavior.  Otherwise you are 99.9999% safe from catching it. 

US to declare health emergency over monkeypox outbreak - ABC News (go.com)

Spreading like wildfire in the gay community they say.  Wonder what are the odds of gay nightclub lockdowns versus church lockdowns before?  My guess is zero, zilch.

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

WOW...GREAT point!

elections are a few months away, democrats need something other than their record to stay in power, monkey pox, a virus exchanged between gay men maybe just what the Faucci ordered, can't run on open borders, drug overdoses, highest crime wave ever,  vaccinnes and boosters that don't work, never have, along with no mask, wear a mask, wear 2 mask, etc.... the only way to stay in power is an illusion and this is what they are hoping for, sad but true

11 hours ago, custard pie man said:

elections are a few months away, democrats need something other than their record to stay in power, monkey pox, a virus exchanged between gay men maybe just what the Faucci ordered, can't run on open borders, drug overdoses, highest crime wave ever,  vaccinnes and boosters that don't work, never have, along with no mask, wear a mask, wear 2 mask, etc.... the only way to stay in power is an illusion and this is what they are hoping for, sad but true

Man, the right can sure conspiracy. They are also without a doubt the best at calling the other party out for what their own failures are, as well as claiming responsibility for the successes of the other party, and they are 100% the best scare tactics, fear mongering.  Just so we are clear Murder rates and crime rates are higher in Red States. Below is a small snipped from an article from The Hill. But I suppose in a segment of the Right truth no longer matters. Just spread crap and blame the other side. 

For the last two years, the nation has been awash in news accounts about soaring violent crime and murder in cities and states run by Democrats. That narrative is ubiquitous, particularly in conservative media, where Democratic mayors are routinely called out and excoriated for turning a blind eye to crime. That story is half right and half — to be charitable — lazy and wrong.

Let’s dispatch with the part that is correct. We have a murder problem in America,

Now, for the rest of the story. In a report Third Way recently released, we found that murder was much more prevalent in red states than blue states. That’s right. In 2020, homicide rates were a stunning 40 percent higher in the 25 states that former President Donald Trump won compared to the 25 won by current President Joe Biden. Of the 10 states with the highest 2020 per capita murder rates in America, eight of them not only voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, they voted Republican in every presidential election this century.

Mississippi — a state that neither conjures up weak on crime images nor Democratic officeholders — topped the charts with a 2020 murder rate twice that of blue Illinois, thrice that of bluer California, and four times that of bluest New York. The red states of Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama and Missouri rounded out the top five and each had murder rates at least six times Massachusetts, four times New Jersey and just shy of twice that of Michigan. These blue states are home to the “crime-is-out-of-control” cities you read about daily — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston, Newark and Detroit. They generate the headlines, the outrage and the political backlash.

Yet, media coverage is essentially mum about Lexington, Kentucky, which has set back-to-back murder records, has a homicide rate twice that of New York City and has a Republican mayor. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have Republican mayors, a Republican governor and murder rates that dwarf that of Los Angeles. Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2020 with its Republican mayor, governor and a stratospheric homicide rate that if it were matched in New York City would’ve added more than 1,000 murders that year.

And to top it off, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) Bakersfield, the largest city in Kern County and one with a Republican mayor — with overwhelming Trump support and not a whiff of flirtation with defund the police movements. In fact, the murder capital of California for six years running is sleepy Kern County130 miles from Los Angeles and 306 miles from San Francisco, the two California locales most often associated with the crime-is-out-of-control national headlines that have dominated U.S. crime  and political coverage.

14 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Man, the right can sure conspiracy. They are also without a doubt the best at calling the other party out for what their own failures are, as well as claiming responsibility for the successes of the other party, and they are 100% the best scare tactics, fear mongering.  Just so we are clear Murder rates and crime rates are higher in Red States. Below is a small snipped from an article from The Hill. But I suppose in a segment of the Right truth no longer matters. Just spread crap and blame the other side. 

For the last two years, the nation has been awash in news accounts about soaring violent crime and murder in cities and states run by Democrats. That narrative is ubiquitous, particularly in conservative media, where Democratic mayors are routinely called out and excoriated for turning a blind eye to crime. That story is half right and half — to be charitable — lazy and wrong.

Let’s dispatch with the part that is correct. We have a murder problem in America,

Now, for the rest of the story. In a report Third Way recently released, we found that murder was much more prevalent in red states than blue states. That’s right. In 2020, homicide rates were a stunning 40 percent higher in the 25 states that former President Donald Trump won compared to the 25 won by current President Joe Biden. Of the 10 states with the highest 2020 per capita murder rates in America, eight of them not only voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, they voted Republican in every presidential election this century.

Mississippi — a state that neither conjures up weak on crime images nor Democratic officeholders — topped the charts with a 2020 murder rate twice that of blue Illinois, thrice that of bluer California, and four times that of bluest New York. The red states of Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama and Missouri rounded out the top five and each had murder rates at least six times Massachusetts, four times New Jersey and just shy of twice that of Michigan. These blue states are home to the “crime-is-out-of-control” cities you read about daily — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston, Newark and Detroit. They generate the headlines, the outrage and the political backlash.

Yet, media coverage is essentially mum about Lexington, Kentucky, which has set back-to-back murder records, has a homicide rate twice that of New York City and has a Republican mayor. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have Republican mayors, a Republican governor and murder rates that dwarf that of Los Angeles. Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2020 with its Republican mayor, governor and a stratospheric homicide rate that if it were matched in New York City would’ve added more than 1,000 murders that year.

And to top it off, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) Bakersfield, the largest city in Kern County and one with a Republican mayor — with overwhelming Trump support and not a whiff of flirtation with defund the police movements. In fact, the murder capital of California for six years running is sleepy Kern County130 miles from Los Angeles and 306 miles from San Francisco, the two California locales most often associated with the crime-is-out-of-control national headlines that have dominated U.S. crime  and political coverage.

Although it is off topic, I want to address one thing with this murder rate. First, yes we have a murder problem. However, it really isn't an indication of a state issue when you look at the population centers within the state. Missouri, for example, has a high murder rate and is a red state. HOWEVER, 90% of the murders are committed in KC and STL, both blue run. The counties composing those two urban areas are only 47% of the state's overall population, so I would say it isn't a state issue like Newscum like to portray, but an urban area problem, and most are run by democrats. And, anything will have a high rate in MS, there is only 2.9M people in the whole state - LOL. Most murders are in Jackson - blue run.

P.S. The right doesn't have conspiracy theories. Most come true, so we like to call them spoiler alerts.

Carry on.