Does Jimmy...

MHD

Jimmy did an interview on the radio for Outrider back in 1988 and he sounded very short of breath like he was developing emphysema. He was having trouble finishing sentences. So I certainly hope he quit smoking by now. I was surprised that he had enough lungs left to play harmonica on C/P.

Robert is the one who really should have quit a long time ago because I'm sure it's done a number on his voice, and probably his face also.

I think I heard he quit sometime during the late 90's? Maybe early 2000's?

I really know is he has quit which is a good thing- it would awful to see Jimmy go the same way as my grandfather.

I remember being surprised opening up the JP/Black Crowes album and seeing a pic of Jimmy taking a long drag of a cig... what year was that? 2000?

..still smoke?

I really hope not. I read that he quit smoking after the Black Crowes tour, but the Kevin Shirley reference in this thread suggests he started again. :(

I have to say, he doesn't look as though he smokes these days - his skin and hair look like those of a non-smoker. (White hair and smoking aren't a good combination - I've seen people with white hair which is yellowish brown at the front from cigarette smoke - yeuch!) :thumbdown:

• 4 months later...

As any x-smoker can tell you though, you are only one smoke away from your next cigarette.

Ain't that the truth. I quit in January 08, but still have cravings from time to time.

I can tell you one thing, my wallett thanks me every day :D

In the recent interview a month or so ago (sorry, can't remember which magazine Mojo? Q ? ) it was mentioned Jimmy still enjoys the "occasional cigarette" ..and no longer drinks alcohol.

So after reading my origianal post I sound really short and snotty.

I"ll offer the info that I know. Robert quit all hard drugs when Karac died. I read in an interview that Karac's death put things in perspective and so he quit. Whether or not that includes pot, I don't know. He did still smoke after that since there is a picture of him in a cafe with a cigarette in his hand. It's black and white, I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about. Jimmy probably smokes from time to time, it's bound to happen. Espeacially since he had all the problems with drugs he did, I'm sure it's hard to quit.

Jimmy did an interview on the radio for Outrider back in 1988 and he sounded very short of breath like he was developing emphysema. He was having trouble finishing sentences. So I certainly hope he quit smoking by now. I was surprised that he had enough lungs left to play harmonica on C/P.

Robert is the one who really should have quit a long time ago because I'm sure it's done a number on his voice, and probably his face also.

sounds more like the symtoms of his other habbit to me.

hate to say it :(

Archived