Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

12 hours ago, redrum said:

Patton on the Russians.

In addition to his other amiable characteristics, the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of a bitch, a barbarian, and a chronic drunk.

😄

Patton may have been generalizing, but by the actions of the Russian troops he was spot-on. The Russian soldiers raped around 100,000 women and killed at least 10,000 of them afterward during the Fall of Berlin alone. When the term "women" is used it means females as several thousand of those "women" were children or even babies.

Then there is the glaring truth that very few seem to acknowledge: Germany did not start WWII in Europe unilaterally, it was Germany AND Russia who JOINTLY started WWII by invading Poland in concert. The Russian's actually killed more Poles than the Germans (not counting the Polish Jews). 

Of course the Russian lovers on here seem to forget Ukraine was an independent country for most of its existence. Seem to forget the Cossacks and purges against the Ukrainians during the late 18th and throughout the 19th centuries. Or of course forget about the 4 million Ukrainians Stalin starved to death during 33'-35' and his "agricultural programs." Gee, I wonder why Ukraine does not want to be part of Russia? Seems like such a "mutually beneficial" relationship.

Edited by BobDobbs

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Patton may have been generalizing, but by the actions of the Russian troops he was spot-on. The Russian soldiers raped around 100,000 women and killed at least 10,000 of them afterward during the Fall of Berlin alone. When the term "women" is used it means females as several thousand of those "women" were children or even babies.

Then there is the glaring truth that very few seem to acknowledge: Germany did not start WWII in Europe unilaterally, it was Germany AND Russia who JOINTLY started WWII by invading Poland in concert. The Russian's actually killed more Poles than the Germans (not counting the Polish Jews). 

Of course the Russian lovers on here seem to forget Ukraine was an independent country for most of its existence. Seem to forget the Cossacks and purges against the Ukrainians during the late 18th and throughout the 19th centuries. Or of course forget about the 4 million Ukrainians Stalin starved to death during 33'-35' and his "agricultural programs." Gee, I wonder why Ukraine does not want to be part of Russia? Seems like such a "mutually beneficial" relationship.

It's not that we've forgotten, we don't care. This invasion was inevitable so get it over with so my stock portfolio can bounce back quickly.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:27 AM, redrum said:

I sweated that in the 60's. Luckily, I was 4-F. 

I am 4-H. In the event of war I am a hostage.

I am staying out of the Ukraine-Russian mess. No need to add to the shitpile, as it seems impossible to wade into the topic without getting into politics. And that was not this thread's intended purpose and I don't intend to make Sam Webmaster's job any harder than it is.

On 2/25/2022 at 5:55 PM, ebk said:

Damn... guess the sarcasm font wasn't working :D 

On 2/26/2022 at 12:27 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Crikey Sean. I thought you new English better than that and our sharp wit?. Esther of course is spot on. Oh and yes I have seen the film. I've even grown it :D

Yeah, I guess I had my blinders on. 

Russia threatened "military and political consequences" against Finland and Sweden on Friday if they attempted to join NATO.

Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova warned against other countries attempting to join NATO after Russia started a war with Ukraine Thursday.

"Finland and Sweden should not base their security on damaging the security of other countries and their accession to NATO can have detrimental consequences and face some military and political consequences," Zakharova said in a viral clip of a press conference.

The ministry later posted the same threat on its Twitter. Finland and Sweden have given significant military and humanitarian support to Ukraine since Russia invaded.

One pretext Russia has given for attacking Ukraine is that NATO would not give any assurance that Ukraine would not be allowed to join the intergovernmental military alliance.

Ukraine has been adamant about joining but is now willing to discuss a different status with NATO after hundreds were killed in the first day of fighting the Russians.

Russia and Ukraine are both sending delegations to Belarus to discuss Ukraine potentially adopting a nonaligned status with NATO.

The talks come as Russia is closing in on Kyiv, Ukraine's capital city. However, U.S. intelligence says Ukrainians are putting up a better resistance to Russian forces than expected.

Ukraine has been arming its citizens and telling them to create firebombs to resist Russia.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's not that we've forgotten, we don't care. This invasion was inevitable so get it over with so my stock portfolio can bounce back quickly.

Said like a true POS. You complain about others when in truth you are just as bad if not worse.

56 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Said like a true POS. You complain about others when in truth you are just as bad if not worse.

Ad hominem much? It's either my way or your way, My problem with your virtue signaling is it always leads to someone else's American son or daughter dying needlessly on foreign soil. Essentially you want Americans to die for the sake of NATO, We've paid the bill for Europe long enough.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I approve of 7-11's new tactic to keep loser assholes from loitering in front of their shops in Hollywood. They now blast opera out of their outside speakers 24/7.

Didn't the Beatles' maharishi buy a 7-11 down there? 😄

God, I hate cords. What a fucking clusterfuck with the computer cord, speaker cords, mouse cord, headphone cord, interface cords, bass amp cord, guitar cords, phone cords, etc. etc. etc. Does it ever fucking end? I'm thinking I must have also hated the umbilical cord. 😄 

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

STALIN GIF.gif

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Nothing is Built.

Nothing is Back.

Nothing is Better.

And in fairness Steve, he no one made America great again. The truth is the idea of America is great. As you said in an earlier post you want this to end to help your stock portfolio. While I expect some of that was said in jest. I also think that you truly feel that this war is somehow someone else’s problem and not a global problem. I don’t want us to police the world anymore either. I certainly hope and want the Ukrainian people to slap the shit out of every Russian soldier they come across, and to make Putin look as stupid, inept, and show him to be the utter shit bag of a human being that he is. I’m so tired of people acting like one party has done a better job than the other. I can’t stand it anymore. It’s like rooting for a team. Except we as Americans should all be on the same team. And maybe that was the problem that I had with that fake tough guy and his dirt bag kids. They just don’t shut up, especially the Donald and his mentally retarded son Jr. Never had there been a person who has a face that screams punch me right in the mouth as much as that little suck ass. 

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Obama administration denuclearized Ukraine and orchestrated a coup. That's not placing blame, it's a historical fact. 

Well, I don’t know that I can argue with that. I also know that praising this invasion of the Ukraine as genius, and calling that little maniac savvy is perhaps beyond redemption. Not understanding or being capable of understanding what those people are going through emotionally, and physiologically during a war/conflict that is going to leave thousand of mothers and fathers without their sons, and the innocent people, women and children that are being killed needlessly is just beyond comprehension. 

1 hour ago, Plant77 said:

Well, I don’t know that I can argue with that. I also know that praising this invasion of the Ukraine as genius, and calling that little maniac savvy is perhaps beyond redemption. Not understanding or being capable of understanding what those people are going through emotionally, and physiologically during a war/conflict that is going to leave thousand of mothers and fathers without their sons, and the innocent people, women and children that are being killed needlessly is just beyond comprehension. 

On this we agree. His commentary is idiotic and a painful reminder he has a compulsion to say outlandish, ignorant things.

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

On this we agree. His commentary is idiotic and a painful reminder he has a compulsion to say outlandish, ignorant things.

Give me a break! Which is it, a few posts up you did indeed praise Putin and his actions but now you agree he is idiotic? Please.

Problem here Steve is you love to post with a small, kernel of truth wrapped in a giant turd of nonsense. Case in point, the Coup in Ukraine in 2014. You blame it all on Obama but the architects of the coup were a holdover from the Bush years who was the architect for the Iraq War and of course that cackling hawk, Hillary Clinton. Yes, the buck always stops with the President and he should have made a better decision, this was his Jack Kennedy, Bay of PIgs moment IMO. Unlike you I try and stay consistent with my positions unless new information shows I was wrong, such as the overthrow of democratically elected governments. I don't believe in coups no matter who does them if the process to elect was fair and uncorrupted, regardless of who takes power. All those coups the US did were wrong, plain and simple, from Iran to South America and all points in-between. The Contras were the bad guys, the Sandinistas were the democratically elected govt.

Also, the coup which was led by a contingent of neo-Nazi's was later expunged from the government for what it's worth. Zalenskyy is a practicing Jew who had family murdered in the death camps during WWII so he is in no way a Nazi or would allow Nazi's around him.

The underlying fact is the US screwed this up with bad foreign policy toward Russia since 91'. However, the action and results are100% Valamir Putin's fault, not the US, not the West but Putin. It was his choice to invade a foreign country which posed no threat. It was his decision to murder innocent civilians. And now it is his decision to start with the nuclear forces nonsense which the rest of the world though concerned, is essentially laughing at. The fact is, both the US & Soviet Union / Russia have had at least 20 separate incidents independently where the use and release of nuclear weapons was ordered due to mistakes and in every single incident either the commanders of those missiles / assets outright refused the order, or, the missiles somehow did not work. With the massive public uprising in Russia against the Ukraine invasion I seriously doubt if the order was given it would be carried out however it is possible. Putin has painted himself into a corner which will be extremely difficult to get out of. As mentioned before, Putin is only the figurehead and mouthpiece of the oligarchs. If they begin to feel the squeeze Putin will be "replaced" just like the loon Andropov was "replaced" after the debacle of Able Archer in late 83'. Fun fact, just like Andropov, Putin is also a former KGB official. Let's see if they share the same fate, hopefully, yes.

Neocons and the Ukraine Coup – Consortium News

On 2/28/2022 at 2:40 PM, Strider said:

I am 4-H. In the event of war I am a hostage.

I am staying out of the Ukraine-Russian mess. No need to add to the shitpile, as it seems impossible to wade into the topic without getting into politics. And that was not this thread's intended purpose and I don't intend to make Sam Webmaster's job any harder than it is.

No, that's not this thread's intended purpose, and I'm getting sick and tired of wading through one person's ignorant bullshit to get to posts I actually have interest in. Said person drove me away from this site years ago, and I don't want that to happen a second time. If everyone else could quit quoting this person, that would be great.