Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

An attempt to get this thread back on track:

1. In life when you become certain about things, it doesn’t mean you know the answer. It just means you have stopped looking for the answer.

Unless it involves tipping.

KIDDING!! I jest. I make with the jokes. This is actually a great quote, considering the rabid/dogmatic posts we're seeing regarding a very serious situation. I hope you're having a good week so far, Stryder. 

One of my favorite quotes is "you don't know what you don't know" which kinda goes hand in hand with the one you posted above.

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Apparently, America loves a bad soap opera--at least, I can't think of any other reason why the Lakers are always getting wall to wall coverage by the sports networks....  :rolleyes:

They're one of the most recognizable teams, same as the Yankees, the Patriots, the Packers, and probably a few others. Frankly, there's too much important shit going on to worry about sports, but I can understand how for some people, worrying about sports is a respite from all that important stuff.

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Give me a break! Which is it, a few posts up you did indeed praise Putin and his actions but now you agree he is idiotic? Please.

Problem here Steve is you love to post with a small, kernel of truth wrapped in a giant turd of nonsense. Case in point, the Coup in Ukraine in 2014. You blame it all on Obama but the architects of the coup were a holdover from the Bush years who was the architect for the Iraq War and of course that cackling hawk, Hillary Clinton. Yes, the buck always stops with the President and he should have made a better decision, this was his Jack Kennedy, Bay of PIgs moment IMO. Unlike you I try and stay consistent with my positions unless new information shows I was wrong, such as the overthrow of democratically elected governments. I don't believe in coups no matter who does them if the process to elect was fair and uncorrupted, regardless of who takes power. All those coups the US did were wrong, plain and simple, from Iran to South America and all points in-between. The Contras were the bad guys, the Sandinistas were the democratically elected govt.

Also, the coup which was led by a contingent of neo-Nazi's was later expunged from the government for what it's worth. Zalenskyy is a practicing Jew who had family murdered in the death camps during WWII so he is in no way a Nazi or would allow Nazi's around him.

The underlying fact is the US screwed this up with bad foreign policy toward Russia since 91'. However, the action and results are100% Valamir Putin's fault, not the US, not the West but Putin. It was his choice to invade a foreign country which posed no threat. It was his decision to murder innocent civilians. And now it is his decision to start with the nuclear forces nonsense which the rest of the world though concerned, is essentially laughing at. The fact is, both the US & Soviet Union / Russia have had at least 20 separate incidents independently where the use and release of nuclear weapons was ordered due to mistakes and in every single incident either the commanders of those missiles / assets outright refused the order, or, the missiles somehow did not work. With the massive public uprising in Russia against the Ukraine invasion I seriously doubt if the order was given it would be carried out however it is possible. Putin has painted himself into a corner which will be extremely difficult to get out of. As mentioned before, Putin is only the figurehead and mouthpiece of the oligarchs. If they begin to feel the squeeze Putin will be "replaced" just like the loon Andropov was "replaced" after the debacle of Able Archer in late 83'. Fun fact, just like Andropov, Putin is also a former KGB official. Let's see if they share the same fate, hopefully, yes.

Neocons and the Ukraine Coup – Consortium News

You consistently see only what you want to see. When and where in the hell did I praise Putin? 

The 2014 coup -- I said it occurred while the Obama administration was in power and after the Obama administration had enticed Ukraine to denuclearize. All else is your inference.

Zalensky isn't being overthrown because he's a Jew, he's being overthrown because Putin's demand that Ukraine not become a member of NATO has not been met.

4 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

This is actually a great quote, considering the rabid/dogmatic posts we're seeing regarding a very serious situation.

It's just more secular humanist moral relativism bullshit. There are a lot of things I'm certain about and it's because I do know the answer. By Strider's logic, 2 + 2 = possibly anything. 

4 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Unless it involves tipping.

KIDDING!! I jest. I make with the jokes. This is actually a great quote, considering the rabid/dogmatic posts we're seeing regarding a very serious situation. I hope you're having a good week so far, Stryder. 

One of my favorite quotes is "you don't know what you don't know" which kinda goes hand in hand with the one you posted above.

:hysterical:

Shecky...is that YOU???

36 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's just more secular humanist moral relativism bullshit. There are a lot of things I'm certain about and it's because I do know the answer. By Strider's logic, 2 + 2 = possibly anything. 

Well .. that's certainly one way of looking at it. I think he may have been putting up the post to steer the thread back towards random silly stuff and put a capper on the politics talk. I don't know. I'm guilty too - I put up my own post on all this not long ago. If you mean he's using circular gobbledygook logic to avoid taking a position in all this, I can't speak to that. I personally have very definite opinions about things but keep it to myself. Why get all worked up on some random forum with people who are more interested in "winning" then discussing something ? You want a real challenge? Go to reddit lol. Those people will give you hours and hours of fun. 

My take on his post is that no matter how certain we may think we are about fill-in-the-blank, there are always things beyond our peripheral knowledge. Keeping an open mind and not getting too dogmatic about one point of view is a great tool in all kinds of areas including business, politics (believe it or not), relationships and war.

Unless, of course, we're talking about tipping. (Kidding Stryder, kidding).

39 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

:hysterical:

Shecky...is that YOU???

Yes, it's me, it's ME, BOB!!! I don't who Shecky is lol

But I'll bet he's a swell guy.

Edited by 1975NQ

8 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Well .. that's certainly one way of looking at it. I think he may have been putting up the post to steer the thread back towards random silly stuff and put a capper on the politics talk. I don't know. I'm guilty too - I put up my own post on all this not long ago. If you mean he's using circular gobbledygook logic to avoid taking a position in all this, I can't speak to that. I personally have very definite opinions about things but keep it to myself. Why get all worked up on some random forum with people who are more interested in "winning" then discussing something ? You want a real challenge? Go to reddit lol. Those people will give you hours and hours of fun. 

My take on his post is that no matter how certain we may think we are about fill-in-the-blank, there are always things beyond our peripheral knowledge. Keeping an open mind and not getting too dogmatic about one point of view is a great tool in all kinds of areas including business, politics (believe it or not), relationships and war.

You are correct sir...not a comment directed at anyone in particular, just an attempt to get this thread back to "random thoughts".

And I appreciate your jabs at my view on tipping!  😁

11 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Meh, don't mind Steve-O / Mr. 8-Track. He is so entrenched in the Nazi / Neo-Con playbook approach to debate he simply can no longer identify the truth even after it bites him in the backside. He makes a complete fool out of himself regarding the Russian - Ukraine conflict and then acts like "what, hum...who me?" The guy is full of poo his eyes are brown. Now he randomly attacks another poster simply for trying to lighten the mood. 

What a guy

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

You are correct sir...not a comment directed at anyone in particular, just an attempt to get this thread back to "random thoughts".

And I appreciate your jabs at my view on tipping!  😁

Couldn't resist haha .. you're a good sport!

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Meh, don't mind Steve-O / Mr. 8-Track. He is so entrenched in the Nazi / Neo-Con playbook approach to debate he simply can no longer identify the truth even after it bites him in the backside. He makes a complete fool out of himself regarding the Russian - Ukraine conflict and then acts like "what, hum...who me?" The guy is full of poo his eyes are brown. Now he randomly attacks another poster simply for trying to lighten the mood. 

What a guy

Ad hominem much? Anyway, no need for you to read today's news. The situation is as I said it would be last week.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Ad hominem much? Anyway, no need for you to read today's news. The situation is as I said it would be last week.

Look who's talking about ad hominem attacks, the guy who does so consistently!

Oh and your precious Russians have been at it a week and have captured one city off the Black Sea and their 40 mile convoy is stalled due to lack of supplies. Meanwhile, Russian soldiers are defecting, leaving their vehicles while their families are back in Russia protesting the war in the streets. On the world stage Russia's economy is on the brink of collapse and even Switzerland has seized all that sweet oligarch loot. They have become an isolated country despised by all. As far as I'm concerned gas can go to $10 a gallon if it means Russia's defeat in Ukraine and Putin being sent to gulag.

Old Vlad better think of something fast otherwise he will be erased by those oligarchs ala a Stalin photo op.

On 2/28/2022 at 3:39 PM, redrum said:

Didn't the Beatles' maharishi buy a 7-11 down there? 😄

God, I hate cords. What a fucking clusterfuck with the computer cord, speaker cords, mouse cord, headphone cord, interface cords, bass amp cord, guitar cords, phone cords, etc. etc. etc. Does it ever fucking end? I'm thinking I must have also hated the umbilical cord. 😄 

Great post as usual. Thanks for the constant stream of mic 🎤 drops, and the food for thought posts. Dig it. And I hate a fucking cord as well. My life is dependent on a damn cord! 

5 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Uncanny resemblance there 🤣. And yes indeed, wise words.

That’s actually crazy. The only one I’ve seen even close to that is Snoop Dogg and a Doberman in his solo debut video who am I what’s my name. But damn, that is spot on. In all seriousness, I think my 8 year old Pit Bull and I are starting to look alike. I’ll make sure to post pics in the appropriate thread for all to laugh at. 

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Look who's talking about ad hominem attacks, the guy who does so consistently!

Oh and your precious Russians have been at it a week and have captured one city off the Black Sea and their 40 mile convoy is stalled due to lack of supplies. Meanwhile, Russian soldiers are defecting, leaving their vehicles while their families are back in Russia protesting the war in the streets. On the world stage Russia's economy is on the brink of collapse and even Switzerland has seized all that sweet oligarch loot. They have become an isolated country despised by all. As far as I'm concerned gas can go to $10 a gallon if it means Russia's defeat in Ukraine and Putin being sent to gulag.

Old Vlad better think of something fast otherwise he will be erased by those oligarchs ala a Stalin photo op.

It's all well and good that right now the russian army looks ragtag and putins invasion looks really bad to the world but he doesn't care. Putin only cares about rebuilding the former soviet union so unless the world stops buying oil from putin he will have the urkraine and maybe more if he wants.

Maybe you could afford to go to work and do all you have to do at ten dollars a gallon but the vast majority of Americans cannot afford 5$ a gallon for very long.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/russias-oil-gas-revenue-windfall-2022-01-21/

50 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

Great post as usual. Thanks for the constant stream of mic 🎤 drops, and the food for thought posts. Dig it. And I hate a fucking cord as well. My life is dependent on a damn cord! 

👍

I love Santa Cruz, too. 

48 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

That’s actually crazy. The only one I’ve seen even close to that is Snoop Dogg and a Doberman in his solo debut video who am I what’s my name. But damn, that is spot on. In all seriousness, I think my 8 year old Pit Bull and I are starting to look alike. I’ll make sure to post pics in the appropriate thread for all to laugh at. 

Do it, Plant! The pit bull pic, I mean. You could just post it here, unless there's a "here's my pet" thread on the forum somewhere