Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

1 hour ago, slave to zep said:

Never too late to change your mind.

Thanks love. I'm 62 so I think the boat sailed when I had the chance in 1990 and although we ain't skint, we're not millionaires

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thanks love. I'm 62 so I think the boat sailed when I had the chance in 1990 and although we ain't skint, we're not millionaires

What about in the country towns, that would suit you. Where I am is nice. 3 hours drive to Sydney.

chill the influx north of the border is slower . down to the weather . weather is crap here . while back , when sturgeon had not yet been exposed for what see is , syrian refugees arrived . they were housed at rothesay . west coast of scotland . after a short while the refugees were leaving ..... rothesay was considered worse than the camps that they fled . but a recent trip into glasgow , first time in years , left me in no doubt .... the albanians etc were in charge . the gangs of europe are undeterred by the weather .

8 minutes ago, Strider said:

I was four years old the last time the English side won anything of note. I wonder if they'll ever win anything again? Damn Spaniards.

Not with that cunt as a manager. I will not even attempt to put into words the caustic shit everyone says about the twat. Boring, defensive and started with a team EVERY game that couldn't beat a team of blind people. The Spanish were there for the taking but yet again he picks the wrong side who bore everyone to death. The only time he made changes through the competition, we scored or played fast attacking football. May his legacy be forever etched as a boring, clueless wanker.

1 minute ago, chillumpuffer said:

Not with that cunt as a manager. I will not even attempt to put into words the caustic shit everyone says about the twat. Boring, defensive and started with a team EVERY game that couldn't beat a team of blind people. The Spanish were there for the taking but yet again he picks the wrong side who bore everyone to death. The only time he made changes through the competition, we scored or played fast attacking football. May his legacy be forever etched as a boring, clueless wanker.

The word I hear is Gareth's going to be sacked.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Once again, I'm reminded what a pain in the ass it is trying to reach a human whenever I call the postal service.... :rolleyes:

We're sorry. The gov't. is currently on a one hour lunch break. 

On 6/27/2024 at 1:02 PM, rm2551 said:

70-30 possession was key to the first half blow out. Klein's usual 6 again-fest was annoying as always, but he can't help himself and that goes both ways. All in all he had a relatively quiet game for once seeing he is THE worst ref in the NRL (gets involved with random bullshit penalties non stop for innocuous reasons every damn game).

I like Billy in the presser saying everyone needs to look at himself including him. If I heard him say they need to get their game on one more time.... How about you need attitude and aggression Billy? (I still reckon he is a master coach though)

3 weeks time, the decider will be completely different. Attitude wise, QLD will learn from their lack of aggression and any dominance. They will need to shut down Chrichton, Edwards, Lomax and stop Moses from kicking. Latrell not so much as he is dangerous only on the back of the others. I think QLD now realise NSW have little weakness to exploit. QLD will have to out play and have more basic aggression and control.

Was a good win Reggie, a very well coached win by MacGuire and well deserved and earned.

QLD will be stinging from that, and you better believe game III at Suncorp will be an entirely different beast. Though if I was totally honest, I do fear NSW will take the chocolates this year. But I have thought that a few times in recent years and somehow we come away victors!

Go the Maroons!

New South Wales wins "The Decider" 14-4 in Brisbane!

Only the third time it has happened in State of Origin history, 19 years since the last time.

The things that stand out is the defence was brutal by both teams with NSW the better having crossed Qld's line twice while denying Qld whose only points came from two dubious penalties.

Once again Dylan Edwards has shown up Reece Walsh as to who is the better fullback in two of the toughest competitions, Grand Finals and State of Origin.

Walsh is all show and no go (who spends more time painting his nails than playing to his full potential), his defence is ordinary at best and once again missed a crucial tackle on a halfback that well and truly sealed the win for NSW and ultimately cost Qld the game.

Edwards played with an injured PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament).

Kaylen Ponga is the most underrated player and did nothing last night, as did Dane Gagai, both being overrun by their Newcastle teammate, Bradman Best. for the first try.

Reuben Cotter (you know the one with the haircut that looks like it was created by a three-year-old), is a grub.

So, Queensland, is the only team who "gets" State of Origin?

Well, they "got it" given to them by NSW in the last two games and one wonders whether NSW would've won the first with 13 players on the field.

The Maroons (an anagram for A MORON), are well known for being bad winners but Slater and Cherry-Evans proved in the postgame press conference last night they are even worse losers.

GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Reggie29 said:

New South Wales wins "The Decider" 14-4 in Brisbane!

Only the third time it has happened in State of Origin history, 19 years since the last time.

The things that stand out is the defence was brutal by both teams with NSW the better having crossed Qld's line twice while denying Qld whose only points came from two dubious penalties.

Once again Dylan Edwards has shown up Reece Walsh as to who is the better fullback in two of the toughest competitions, Grand Finals and State of Origin.

Walsh is all show and no go (who spends more time painting his nails than playing to his full potential), his defence is ordinary at best and once again missed a crucial tackle on a halfback that well and truly sealed the win for NSW and ultimately cost Qld the game.

Edwards played with an injured PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament).

Kaylen Ponga is the most underrated player and did nothing last night, as did Dane Gagai, both being overrun by their Newcastle teammate, Bradman Best. for the first try.

Reuben Cotter (you know the one with the haircut that looks like it was created by a three-year-old), is a grub.

So, Queensland, is the only team who "gets" State of Origin?

Well, they "got it" given to them by NSW in the last two games and one wonders whether NSW would've won the first with 13 players on the field.

The Maroons (an anagram for A MORON), are well known for being bad winners but Slater and Cherry-Evans proved in the postgame press conference last night they are even worse losers.

GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

Fucking hell Regie, that last part makes you sound like a sore winner! 🤣

QLD came out knowing they needed to out muscle the stronger NSW team, and they did just that - and ran out of steam (and had little attacking prowess). As for the analysis....

Yes, only 3rd time, well done and a great win for you guys. This team is the real deal. It could well be a dynasty. Very little weakness and good depth. 'trell in the wings is scary...

Klein is BY FAR the WORST referee in the game that is arguably the most over refereed of any sport. 90% of his penalties and six agains are just random nonsense. I can hardly stand to watch any match he officiates. He shits me to near tears. Just terrible. And he was quieter last night (as is always the case in Origin games for all ref's) but still sucked with his random bullshit whistles. At least he fucked both teams evenly (again).

Edwards is all around far superior to Walsh. A testament to the Panthers system and success over the last 5 or so years. For one he knows how to defend. Reece has spark and can PUNISH teams, no question, but he also tries to score every time he even sees the ball (although the coach and DCE seemed to have gotten it onto his head he needs to occasionally NOT go for the 1% play every damn time). Reece is still young, he should develop into a consistent attacking machine. Going for the Bronc's I sometimes have to cover my eyes when he is in a mood. Fucking hell Reece, calm the fuck down son!

Ponga was quiet, he had nothing to work off the back of. NSW defence never looked anything but solid (as did our defence for the first 50mins). Billy should have put him on much earlier but hindsight is a bitch.

Gagai is history. Shouldn't have been picked. His past is legendary, but is his past. That will be his last campaign.

Bradman Best is who I feared the most. That cunt is going to have a stellar Origin career. What a player. He will be the recipient of many MOM awards. No question.

Cotter is a grub? LOL. What is Luia? The grub argument never ends, it's not much fun anymore. Goes all the way back to Ennis for me and is now boring. The whole purses at 50 yards rubbish is not even funny anymore. It's embarrasing.

Origin means something different to QLD. Not more, not less, just different. Joey often articulates extremely well how important Origin is to NSW. That's all just media bullshit mostly, although I will say they didn't get it for a long time around a decade ago.

I wasn't aware we were bad winners,  didn't see Billy say or act anything like a sore loser in the presser. He gave NSW their due. Admitted they were beaten by the better footy side and was proud of his team. WTF is wrong with that?

One difference I do notice coming from NSW Reggie (I've always gone for QLD, it's a long story, but born in Sydney) is when NSW lose, the press eats them alive and destroys them. In QLD we don't. I've often wondered why the press in NSW is so shitty. Nowadays I think it's just all hype and clickbait. Half the journo's are making it all up (right Kenty???)

Anyway, well played and a well deserved win last night, and series win NSW. Congrats. You were the better team. Bring on 2025 game 1!

:drinks:

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Fucking hell Regie, that last part makes you sound like a sore winner! 🤣

QLD came out knowing they needed to out muscle the stronger NSW team, and they did just that - and ran out of steam (and had little attacking prowess). As for the analysis....

Yes, only 3rd time, well done and a great win for you guys. This team is the real deal. It could well be a dynasty. Very little weakness and good depth. 'trell in the wings is scary...

Klein is BY FAR the WORST referee in the game that is arguably the most over refereed of any sport. 90% of his penalties and six agains are just random nonsense. I can hardly stand to watch any match he officiates. He shits me to near tears. Just terrible. And he was quieter last night (as is always the case in Origin games for all ref's) but still sucked with his random bullshit whistles. At least he fucked both teams evenly (again).

Edwards is all around far superior to Walsh. A testament to the Panthers system and success over the last 5 or so years. For one he knows how to defend. Reece has spark and can PUNISH teams, no question, but he also tries to score every time he even sees the ball (although the coach and DCE seemed to have gotten it onto his head he needs to occasionally NOT go for the 1% play every damn time). Reece is still young, he should develop into a consistent attacking machine. Going for the Bronc's I sometimes have to cover my eyes when he is in a mood. Fucking hell Reece, calm the fuck down son!

Ponga was quiet, he had nothing to work off the back of. NSW defence never looked anything but solid (as did our defence for the first 50mins). Billy should have put him on much earlier but hindsight is a bitch.

Gagai is history. Shouldn't have been picked. His past is legendary, but is his past. That will be his last campaign.

Bradman Best is who I feared the most. That cunt is going to have a stellar Origin career. What a player. He will be the recipient of many MOM awards. No question.

Cotter is a grub? LOL. What is Luia? The grub argument never ends, it's not much fun anymore. Goes all the way back to Ennis for me and is now boring. The whole purses at 50 yards rubbish is not even funny anymore. It's embarrasing.

Origin means something different to QLD. Not more, not less, just different. Joey often articulates extremely well how important Origin is to NSW. That's all just media bullshit mostly, although I will say they didn't get it for a long time around a decade ago.

I wasn't aware we were bad winners,  didn't see Billy say or act anything like a sore loser in the presser. He gave NSW their due. Admitted they were beaten by the better footy side and was proud of his team. WTF is wrong with that?

One difference I do notice coming from NSW Reggie (I've always gone for QLD, it's a long story, but born in Sydney) is when NSW lose, the press eats them alive and destroys them. In QLD we don't. I've often wondered why the press in NSW is so shitty. Nowadays I think it's just all hype and clickbait. Half the journo's are making it all up (right Kenty???)

Anyway, well played and a well deserved win last night, and series win NSW. Congrats. You were the better team. Bring on 2025 game 1!

:drinks:

Sore winner? Hardly. It was a joke.

After the sendoff in the first game, Walsh should've been sent off for kicking Crichton in the head.  Apart from that it was a hard and fast game as expected.

On 7/15/2024 at 5:52 PM, chillumpuffer said:

I didn't like "Waistcoat" either, but his record in the Euros outshined every other shit manager has had in the last forty years.

Pre Southgate:
1984 - didn't qualify
1986 - quarter finals
1988 - group stage (lost every game)
1990 - SEMI FINAL
1992 - group stage
1994 - didn't qualify
1996 - SEMI FINAL
1998 - last 16
2000 - group stage
2002 - quarter finals
2004 - quarter finals
2006 - quarter finals
2008 - didn't qualify
2010 - last 16
2012 - quarter finals
2014 - group stage
2016 - last 16
SOUTHGATE:
2018 - SEMI FINAL
2020 - FINAL
2022 - quarter finals
2024 - FINAL

yes I live north of hadrians wall yes I enjoy england getting beat at football , tiddly winks , whatever etc etc ( the english media are responsible ) so take what follows with a pinch of salt ... yes southgates record is good but possible factors england have had the rub of the green with the side of the draw in which they have appeared ( I accept they can only play what they are up against ) and secondly more potently in my opinion the quality of european international sides has significantly dipped ... meantime I accept my lot were the worst team at the euros 

On 7/18/2024 at 3:50 PM, Reggie29 said:

Sore winner? Hardly. It was a joke.

After the sendoff in the first game, Walsh should've been sent off for kicking Crichton in the head.  Apart from that it was a hard and fast game as expected.

All good mate.

Send off comparison?!?!?!?!

Come on mate, no chance that is apples to apples. Nil. Although I won't push it with history. 😁

I was with some friends at a restaurant late last night and we noticed this girl who was sitting at another table with her friends. She was dressed like a Hot Topic punk wannabe, with day-go red and green hair in ponytails, bondage leather and plaid miniskirt and those silly goth moon boots. Anyway, every time she got up to go to the bar or the bathroom, we noticed her skirt was so short we could see the tampon string hanging out of her vagina as she walked by. Oy vey.

54 minutes ago, Strider said:

I was with some friends at a restaurant late last night and we noticed this girl who was sitting at another table with her friends. She was dressed like a Hot Topic punk wannabe, with day-go red and green hair in ponytails, bondage leather and plaid miniskirt and those silly goth moon boots. Anyway, every time she got up to go to the bar or the bathroom, we noticed her skirt was so short we could see the tampon string hanging out of her vagina as she walked by. Oy vey.

Probably going to be a new commercial for the Olympics.