Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 7/7/2022 at 4:45 PM, Strider said:

I know conservatives. Some of my best friends are conservatives. It is unfair to conservatives to label Rodrigo's viewpoint as conservative. Moronic, cruel, misogynistic, yes. But not true conservatism. Rodrigo and other Trump cultists are actually a mockery, a perversion of conservatism. Just as AOC and her ilk are a perversion of liberalism.

I'm not interested in being part of any club. I simply support those who I consider to have ideas and values that are similar to mine, and I'll never be ashamed of that. I proudly support Donald Trump 100%.

When you say "moronic, cruel, mysoginistic", you mean those who support, encourage and carry out intrauterine genocide. I can think of nothing more cruel than cowardly murdering an innocent and totally defenceless human being. Mysoginistic? Why? Do women only matter when they are outside the womb? Brainwashing has been going on for years to make women believe that by having an abortion they are "empowering themselves". Beyond the inhumanity, one only has to look at the figures of the number of women with serious after-effects, serious psychological problems (most end up in neuropsychiatric hospitals) or who commit suicide.

For years (when I can) I've been helping pregnant women in vulnerable situations. If that is being cruel and misogynistic, then I'm proud to be so.

Here's a photo of me in 2020 when the abortion law was passed for the second time in the National Congress (unconstitutionally and in violation of international treaties, of course).

marchaprovida.jpg

Edited by Rodrigo

Beyond the inhumanity, one only has to look at the figures of the number of women with serious after-effects, serious psychological problems (most end up in neuropsychiatric hospitals) or who commit suicide.

Something the screaming meemies never talk about. 

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Better call the Build Back Better Business Bureau. Or, better call Saul. 

The Emmys have never Called Saul (not that I watch or even care about the Emmys or any award show(s) for that matter).  Since 2015 "Better Call Saul" has received 46 total nominations and as of yesterday have won a total of ZERO.  Most people who know and appreciate outstanding works of excellence know that any kind of award really does not matter to a loyal fanbase:  music, television, movies, etc...  All throughout Led Zeppelin's dominance of the decade of the 1970's, Led Zeppelin never won any awards.  They won many fans and readers polls because the fans voted for them, not some select elite committee somewhere behind closed doors who are the exact opposite of a loyal fan.  

Edited by kingzoso

24 minutes ago, Strider said:

I have tried and tried but I just cannot stand those "reaction videos" on youtube. 

There are four I really enjoy:

For movies/TV reactions:  Natalie Gold (especially her "Game of Thrones") and Holden Hardman (with his wife).

For music reactions:  The Charismatic Voice (professional opera singer who LOVES Dio and Zep) and Rebecca Vocal Athlete.

Most of the rest I've watched are boring or seemed staged.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

I have tried and tried but I just cannot stand those "reaction videos" on youtube. 

Are we talking about the Led Zeppelin/Classic Rock reaction videos. I apologize if not. I will say there are a few that I have found and I have been pleasantly surprised on the reaction and thought that they have put into it. What I do like about them, I think it is helping to get other cultures, as well as a generation of kids young adults who otherwise would not have been into this type of music and or Zeppelin. There are a few that I really enjoy watching their reactions to Zeppelin specifically.  There is a vocal coach who has done a few, she is absolutely gorgeous, and her thoughts on Robert and his abilities are pretty cool to watch and listen too. My daughter who is a singer has recently got into the reaction videos and has had some cool things to say about Robert and his styles and gifts as a singer. I have to remind her that these guys are the most talented musicians to have ever graced a stage or studio. She is catching on. 

Be well Strider. 

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

What's that feeling you get when you see money lying in the street, then when you get closer, you realize it's only a buck & not a twenty or a fifty....  😏

Last money I found was a 10 dollar bill by Safeway. I looked all up and down the block after that. 😄

Whomever chose the photographs for Led Zeppelin's wikipedia page needs to be fired. The one for Jimmy Page is especially atrocious. There are literally hundreds of great photos of Jimmy out there and they chose one of the worst for wikipedia. Same with John Paul Jones.

LedZeppelinmontage.jpg.274805d22698800d1b427ca59aeec4cf.jpg

Edited by Strider

23 hours ago, Strider said:

Whomever chose the photographs for Led Zeppelin's wikipedia page needs to be fired. The one for Jimmy Page is especially atrocious. There are literally hundreds of great photos of Jimmy out there and they chose one of the worst for wikipedia. Same with John Paul Jones.

Jones looks like a wrestler. 😄

On 9/19/2022 at 6:12 AM, Strider said:

I've been thinking the same thing for years, especially for Jonesy. Why can't they use a photo of them together, like the iconic Starship photo or literally anything else. I've wondered in the past how hard it is to become a Wikipedia editor purely to change this photo.