Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

You could have explained that misunderstanding without being so condescending, you know. Again, sarcasm isn't always obvious if you don't know the poster well.

i really take your point on this and on reflection it does sound harsh

i'd hate to be thought of as nasty or aggressive

thanks for pointing this out - and i mean that!

Not I B)

Nor I. :)

Concerning Miss P, while I am not one to hold a double standard, I will say this: if you choose a life of being famous for hanging out with rock stars, in return for which you have sexual relations that clearly don't start out based on falling in love, it's a bit odd to behave as if the gentlemen (ahem) owe you something after the good times stop rolling. A continued friendship would be icing on the cake, is all.

The quid pro quo is fairly clear, and it seems she enjoyed the physical part, herself. To think Page would forever treat her as a special woman in his life is expecting too much. He moved on, which is hardly surprising, especially after the appearance of children.

Just my $.02, and meaning no disprespect to Miss P. She knew what she wanted, she went for it, and she makes no excuses, which is cool. She got treated the same way in return, seems to me.

I saw Lori with a baby in a buggy at a show in LA in about 1985 but I can't remember whether it was a Firm show or one of Robert's. I do remember being told (not by her) that the baby was Richie Blackmore's , but as I've never had a lot of interest in Lori I never followed up any enquiry into that and have absolutely no idea as to the possibilty of it being true.

Hi Knebby,

In Pamela's book, "Let's Spend the Night...." she wrote, "Lori has had several long term relationships, one of which produced her son Sean, who is now nineteen." Book has a copyright date of 2007.

Lori also stated in the book that she worked as an assistant to Richie Blackmore but doesn't state what year/years she was in his employ. She listed several musicians she was involved with over the years but never mentioned that Blackmore was one of her love interests. Of course, maybe she just left that information out of the discussion. :)

Empty your PM box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by lynn

Nor I. :)

Concerning Miss P, while I am not one to hold a double standard, I will say this: if you choose a life of being famous for hanging out with rock stars, in return for which you have sexual relations that clearly don't start out based on falling in love, it's a bit odd to behave as if the gentlemen (ahem) owe you something after the good times stop rolling. A continued friendship would be icing on the cake, is all.

I wonder if they were ever really friends. Their connection seemed to consist mostly of passion.

I wonder if she ever expanded her pool of candidates to include possible true love material? I guess if you limit your search only to trophy musicians it narrows things down a bit much.

Edited by eternal light

I wonder if they were ever really friends. Their connection seemed to consist mostly of passion.

I wonder if she ever expanded her pool of candidates to include possible true love material? I guess if you limit your search only to trophy musicians it narrows things down a bit much.

Excellent question, and good point. Well, she did marry Marquis Des Barres... B)

Reading Miss Pamela's book, I got the impression she was very romantic and tender-hearted. She definitely did fall in love with the men she was involved with.

Anyway, I hope she's doing well. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago; I wish her the best. She seems like a wonderful person.

Reading Miss Pamela's book, I got the impression she was very romantic and tender-hearted. She definitely did fall in love with the men she was involved with.

Anyway, I hope she's doing well. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago; I wish her the best. She seems like a wonderful person.

And love attracts love. It will be interesting to see how the future unfolds.

Tommy left Purple already in 75 and died too early for that, sadly.

I thought he left in 1976? Oh well - no matter - I wasn't suggesting he had a relationship with Lori, just naming him as the other Deep Purple guitarist. He was married anyway to a part-Hawaiian girl named Karen, though I'm a fan of his music but don't know anything about the strength of his marriage ( other than that he asked Glenn Hughes to look after her and Glenn subsequently married her).

I thought he left in 1976? Oh well - no matter - I wasn't suggesting he had a relationship with Lori, just naming him as the other Deep Purple guitarist. He was married anyway to a part-Hawaiian girl named Karen, though I'm a fan of his music but don't know anything about the strength of his marriage ( other than that he asked Glenn Hughes to look after her and Glenn subsequently married her).

Yeah I know you were not suggesting that^^ sorry i didn't make it clear.

Anyway, he and Karen hadn't been really "married", though they were together for quite a long time and cared for each other a lot.

Yeah I know you were not suggesting that^^ sorry i didn't make it clear.

Anyway, he and Karen hadn't been really "married", though they were together for quite a long time and cared for each other a lot.

Do you know if she's still doing fashion/costume design? I know Glenn was wearing her designs when he briefly sang for Black Sabbath in the 80s.

Edited by Knebby

Do you know if she's still doing fashion/costume design? I know Glenn was wearing her designs when he briefly sang for Black Sabbath in the 80s.

Hmm, sorry but I've got no clear informations about this. It's not that easy to find stuff about Karen, but I'll keep researching.

A few words about Tommy, I love his own stuff more than what he did in Purple, then again I like Deep Purple, but MK II mostly. B)

After the accident in Rhodes in August, Plant and those injured were flown to the UK for treatment but due to his taxation status there, they were subsequently airlifted to the tax-haven of Jersey. His stay on the English mainland would have been very brief. After Malibu they rehearsed at Hollywood's SIR studio, before of course recording Presence in Munich, and subsequently returning to Jersey in December. On December 10, there was that impromptu set with pianist Norman Hale at Beehan's West in St. Hellier.

Additional notes:

Robert plant flew to Jersey with his leg in plaster and stayed at the home of solicitor Dick Christian. Richard Cole had organised air transportation which included using a forklift truck to ensure Plant did not put pressure on his leg on departure and arrival. Plant, and Benji LeFevre were picked up at the airport by the staff of Dick Christian and driven to his mansion. Page and Bonham stayed at the Atlantic Hotel on the northside of the island. By September 13th, the music press reports Led Zeppelin had arrived in California. Briefly Page and Bonham attended the Melody Maker Awards at the Carlton Hotel on the 24th of September, hosted by Billy Connolly. Page flew from Los Angeles to be at the event with Scarlet Page and John Bonham, Plant stayed in the US. New Musical Express reports on October 11, that Led Zeppelin were currently staying in Malibu.

Meg

Ok I've got a question here, I know Jimmy and Robert went to Malibu after the car accident in 75, when did they leave England and how long did they stay there?

Edited: Additional notes added.

Edited by Meg Ireland