Silverdome 77 footage to drop New Years Eve

Zep Hed

From Ikhnation at Royal Orleans:

December 31 footage from the Led Zeppelin Pontiac April 30 1977 performance to be aired…

In 2022, I started to discuss with the two guys behind Speedy youtube channel. My goal was to have all Speedy films scanned properly, or at least the most interesting ones. After some very long discussions, they agreed to sent us the reels, one by one. We did the Genesis 76 one and the famous Pink Floyd Hamilton 75, and many more, all at our own expense. But the most interesting part was yet to come: the led zep films, and oh boy, there was a LOT.
This is where Ledzepfilm help came in, and his help was really precious, he did the sync on all the films, of course, but he also helped us A LOT on the financial part, as getting all these films scanned was … Incredibly expensive.
My first idea was to have Pontiac released for Christmas 2022, but we only obtained the films in 2023. So the Christmas release was postponed. But then again, for no real reasons, it was again postponed for a release after Christmas 2023. But now, the release date of Pontiac 77 is settled : 31 December 2023. Be ready !
Lots of work were done to the films, so they looks as good as possible and we all hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we did !
Please thanks the speedy’s guys, LZF and all the people who want to stay anonymous involved in this project.
And of course, thanks to the late Jim Kelly for all the incredible films he shots.

Evidently you'll wanna keep an eye on Speedy's Films YT channel. https://www.youtube.com/@speedysfilms/videos

49 minutes ago, Strider said:

WOW! First the 1978 Van Halen drop on Christmas and now THIS!!! Spectacular news.

Just watched the VH footage. Great footage, even if not complete but great to have this. Great performance by the band and lots of energy. Sound quality is also very good and synched well. Sound is quite  muddy for the final song and YRGM." Worth watching. Thanks for mentioning this Strider as I didn't know about it. Only saw them once and at the former New Haven Coliseum which was imploded about 15 years ago. The place was kind of a dump. They had a parking garage and most people hung on the roof of the garage before shows to party. But, you had to be careful with all the broken beer and liquor bottles. It was always a sea of broken glass. Such memories. This VH show was my first concert in October, 1982 and a very memorable one. I couldn't believe how loud they were. DLR was quite humorous during the concert.

25 minutes ago, SuperDave said:

Just watched the VH footage. Great footage, even if not complete but great to have this. Great performance by the band and lots of energy. Sound quality is also very good and synched well. Sound is quite  muddy for the final song and YRGM." Worth watching. Thanks for mentioning this Strider as I didn't know about it. Only saw them once and at the former New Haven Coliseum which was imploded about 15 years ago. The place was kind of a dump. They had a parking garage and most people hung on the roof of the garage before shows to party. But, you had to be careful with all the broken beer and liquor bottles. It was always a sea of broken glass. Such memories. This VH show was my first concert in October, 1982 and a very memorable one. I couldn't believe how loud they were. DLR was quite humorous during the concert.

I was at that show. I have a recording of it, if you're interested. Not great quality, but a nice reminder of the show.

20 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

I was at that show. I have a recording of it, if you're interested. Not great quality, but a nice reminder of the show.

It's a great concert memory. Hopefully, the show is fairly listenable. I'll take a link.

Thanks Steve.

If I'd have been told beforehand 

...specifically which songs this

contained footage of...I'd

have never guessed in a million years 

....that Ten Years Gone would hit me the

hardest.....ironic considering it was

the only song on the 77 setlist...that

I'd not yet heard...when I saw them 

six weeks later on 6/13 at age 14...

Edited by Tony Defilippis

17 hours ago, Wolfman said:

My question is this. Was there any film in those video cameras on stage? Now that would be a find.

I asked the same question to myself. Probably it was for the indoor screen feed but not recorded.