Crappy New Year

redeyedrichard

My wife's mom had open-heart surgery yesterday, had a valve replaced and also a bypass. She's still in intensive care, and after she leaves the hospital, she's going to need to move in with us. So my wife is overwhelmed at the notion of having a new baby, and taking care of her recovering mother.

:unsure:

My wife's mom had open-heart surgery yesterday, had a valve replaced and also a bypass. She's still in intensive care, and after she leaves the hospital, she's going to need to move in with us. So my wife is overwhelmed at the notion of having a new baby, and taking care of her recovering mother.

Yikes, that must have been scary. I'm sure it won't be easy to take care of her, but at least she made it through alright. :console:

I haven't kept any of my resolutions either. Mainly, I haven't started that diet yet...and I really don't care! :D

Me either. <_< But I've managed to keep off what I lost last year, thank God.

I'm not going to start the list. Otherwise, I'll never stop. :lol:

I guess I say "crap" a lot.

Matt--I hope your MIL recovers without any bumps in the road.

Sorry to hear that mate. I sincerely hope all goes well. :)

I, like Manders, have far too many things to list so far. A couple of them would be that my week's educational course meant for this month was cancelled therefore robbing me of a career, this then made me so despondant and I then quit university. I was in university to compliment the course I was going to go on, but when it cancelled I lost joy for the uni course. I could have stuck the remaining two years of uni out but I felt like it was pointless. Other than that I have been horribly unwell for the last few weeks. Lots of family issues too.

It is unfortunate that in with all these crap things there have been good things that can be overlooked.

Here's to hoping 2008 brings to everyone what they need to survive. :beer:

I'm sorry to hear that Matt, I hope she recovers quickly.

I'm sure you will do everything you can to relieve your wife's anxiety. B)

I'm sorry to hear that Matt, I hope she recovers quickly.

I'm sure you will do everything you can to relieve your wife's anxiety. B)

Thanks Levee. She lost her dad to cancer just 6 months ago, and now this, so she just feels a big weight of stress and "what next?"

Thanks Levee. She lost her dad to cancer just 6 months ago, and now this, so she just feels a big weight of stress and "what next?"

Ouch. When it rains it pours. Sorry for the loss of your Father in Law.

You'll be the "Rock" she needs right now, I can already see your shoulders getting bigger.

And little Matt will be the strength you all will need! :)

Ok, we are at the end of January...one twelfth of the way through the year 2008 already. What has made you say crap, shit and bugger so far?

Everything was going well this month until a homeless guy vomited next to my Jaguar XJS and some of it splashed up onto the wheels.

Everything was going well this month until a homeless guy vomited next to my Jaguar XJS and some of it splashed up onto the wheels.

Well I'm sure there was a kitten nearby for you to clean it off. :unsure:

Archived