Crappy New Year

redeyedrichard

Ouch. When it rains it pours. Sorry for the loss of your Father in Law.

You'll be the "Rock" she needs right now, I can already see your shoulders getting bigger.

And little Matt will be the strength you all will need! :)

Yeah, similar things kinda happened in my family. My mother lost her dad literally about 6 months ago, and then she had a stroke about two months back. I am only 20 and my brother is 17...that's not too great when your mother has a stroke and your that age. She's only mid-40s!! She is OK now though, seems to have recovered well...although she is numb down one side of her body, but she can still move ok.

But like you said, when it rains it definitely does pour. My dad has been a big support to her, as have my brother and myself.

Ok, we are at the end of January...one twelfth of the way through the year 2008 already. What has made you say crap, shit and bugger so far?

Oh My God.............don't even get me started.

It is almost as if someone picked me out of a crowd and said " Hey You, You there. I am going to make your life impossible to live. You will work your ass off at your job and they will depend upon you more and more. Your aging parents will no longer be able to take care of themselves and they will depend on you more and more. Your only child who is really an adult needs your help and will depend on you more and more. Your only grandchild, who you hardly ever see will never come to visit because his Daddy hates your husband. Your husband who just cares about what is on TV at night, will totally be unsupportive, and not give a shit or help you in any way. You will have another person in your life who you are not married to that loves you unconditionally, and has for over 35 years. He will help you with your child and your aging parents, and you will rely on him and learn to love him, BUT you cannot be together. Oh, and have a nice new year"

Oh My God.............don't even get me started.

It is almost as if someone picked me out of a crowd and said " Hey You, You there. I am going to make your life impossible to live. You will work your ass off at your job and they will depend upon you more and more. Your aging parents will no longer be able to take care of themselves and they will depend on you more and more. Your only child who is really an adult needs your help and will depend on you more and more. Your only grandchild, who you hardly ever see will never come to visit because his Daddy hates your husband. Your husband who just cares about what is on TV at night, will totally be unsupportive, and not give a shit or help you in any way. You will have another person in your life who you are not married to that loves you unconditionally, and has for over 35 years. He will help you with your child and your aging parents, and you will rely on him and learn to love him, BUT you cannot be together. Oh, and have a nice new year"

Feels better getting that off of your chest doesn't it. :)

I'm sorry stuff is being crap for you. I really am. It's always the innocent that suffer.

Like me too. I am 20 and my life is as good as ruined anyway. :lol:

All the best for the future.

I'm glad that I haven't had any major health issues with myself friends and family. I hope that everyone who has mentioned those types of issues get the best possible outcome. I'm sure it's stressful to have someone you love in a bad health condition. I had to take care of my mom in 2004, a little over a year after my dad died, and my mom had a gallbladder that so so bad that the doctor had never seen one as bad as hers. She was out of work for a normally out-patient surgery for a month.

I'm stressing out about my medical insurance right now. The company has two different tiers of employee benefits: one for associates who work an average of 30+ hours per week and ones for employee who work an average of 24+ hours a week. My average over the past six months was 29.76 hours, and now they're saying that the 24+ hours a week package is not eligible to any employees until July, even though it's printed in the book for January 2008! WTF?

I lost my best freaking friend because of a misunderstanding on these forums. I still can't believe it. I should have left long ago. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. On a positive note, this frees up my time--majorly. Goodbye all for the most part. I'll be around...occasionally, but there's no point to be on as much as I was before.

*edit--things have been sorted out between us, thankfully :)

I lost my best freaking friend because of a misunderstanding on these forums. I still can't believe it. I should have left long ago. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. On a positive note, this frees up my time--majorly. Goodbye all for the most part. I'll be around...occasionally, but there's no point to be on as much as I was before.

But...but...there is! There's the "Beautiful Men" thread for cold winter days! And free drinks in the pub thread - you don't get free drinks anywhere else these days! And spats to shout at when you feel like shouting and the "Spiritual Musings" thread when you feel all thoughtful and contemplative. And fun and merrymaking...and music - there's lots of music actually! :)

:'(

My wife's mom had open-heart surgery yesterday, had a valve replaced and also a bypass. She's still in intensive care, and after she leaves the hospital, she's going to need to move in with us. So my wife is overwhelmed at the notion of having a new baby, and taking care of her recovering mother.

:unsure:

Matt, I hope your MIL recovers quickly, and you both can focus on the joys of being new parents. I'm sure it will be stressful, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

My father moved in with my husband, nine-year old daughter and I two years ago -- and there is no end in sight. It's hard, but you adjust and then you will be grateful for the time later on. So many of us that started our families later in life are in the position of taking care of aging parents and raising kids. There is support out there for caregivers. Just rememberr to take care of yourselves too. Hire in help if you can, and look to other family members and friends for "breaks". I've heard about a new website for caregivers called caring.com that might be helpful.

Good luck, lots of positive energy coming your way :thumbsup:

Feels better getting that off of your chest doesn't it. :)

I'm sorry stuff is being crap for you. I really am. It's always the innocent that suffer.

Like me too. I am 20 and my life is as good as ruined anyway. :lol:

All the best for the future.

Richard, I just want to pop across the pond and give you a big hug and tell you everything will be okay :o

Your life is NOT ruined, temporarily difficult perhaps.

When I was in my late 20s I took care of my grandmother who had alzheimers -(there was no one else to do it), while going to school full-time. It was very hard and I kept thinking, I'm way too young to be responsible for all this. It's very hard to have to grow up and deal with things so suddenly.

You have such a bright sweet spirit, I'm sure you're the light in so many lives. Things will get better.

That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My mother-in-law is doing pretty well. The surgery was successful. Two days after the surgery, they had to put her back on a ventilator because she was having trouble breathing, and she still hadn't woken up or been responsive. So I was fearing the worst. But the last 2 days have been great, they took her off the ventilator, she's talking, got out of bed and sat in a chair yesterday. So the road will be long, but looks like she should be alright...

Richard, I just want to pop across the pond and give you a big hug and tell you everything will be okay :o

Your life is NOT ruined, temporarily difficult perhaps.

When I was in my late 20s I took care of my grandmother who had alzheimers -(there was no one else to do it), while going to school full-time. It was very hard and I kept thinking, I'm way too young to be responsible for all this. It's very hard to have to grow up and deal with things so suddenly.

You have such a bright sweet spirit, I'm sure you're the light in so many lives. Things will get better.

That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger! :rolleyes:

What a fantastic post...thank you so so so much. :thanku: That made me smile. :thumbsup:

What a fantastic post...thank you so so so much. :thanku: That made me smile. :thumbsup:

The weather has been bad, i just got done moving and my lovelife is...nevermind. The year hasn't been that good so far. I have seen a couple good movies but that's about it.

It's been snowing nonstop and the sidewalks are perpetually icy. This makes me look like I'm an off balance drunk whenever I go outside and I don't even get the benefit of being drunk. :(

Other than that, my foot hurts.

Sorry about your foot. But love the picture! :hysterical::hysterical:

The weather has been bad, i just got done moving and my lovelife is...nevermind. The year hasn't been that good so far. I have seen a couple good movies but that's about it.

What the hell are you quoting? That has nothing to do with the post you responded to.

Archived