Pet Peeves

Hotplant

We get alot of that. One thing we didn't check into thoroughly when buying our house was the nearby airport is busier than we expected, and the planes are getting bigger. This Memorial weekend was a steady stream of jets practicing for an airshow at the beach. Fun for a few hours, but not three days in a row...

I used to live a block from the firestation. And about a block from the river, so not only did we get sirens we were eaten alive by mosquitoes. I like th e location of our new house, but the old house itself was much better.

To find a link to a video/tv show/film clip etc you so want to see, to patiently watch the player load, to watch some excrutiating advert for 15 lonnnggg seconds...hey, here it comes..NOT!! "This video is not accessible outside the US, please chose another video"

Aaaaaahhhh!!! :angry::angry:

As long as the sirens keep going Past the house... :unsure:

I guess you're right--but this time of year, I leave the windows open because then we don't need the a/c on.

So it's quite annoying when the fire trucks leave to take care of rush-hour morning accidents...

Couples that wear matching outfits when they are out and about. Literally the same clothes. The same t shirt, sweaters, etc. Saw a couple the other day like that. The same t shirt and jeans. Think for yourself people!!!! I guess they thought they looked cute. :o

I hate prescription drug advertising. Actually, I hate all drug advertising.

I especially hate the Aleve commercials with these older people dancing like they are on a combination of antidepressants, acid, and methamphetamine.

Couples that wear matching outfits when they are out and about. Literally the same clothes. The same t shirt, sweaters, etc. Saw a couple the other day like that. The same t shirt and jeans. Think for yourself people!!!! I guess they thought they looked cute. :o

I think all couples should have to dress identical so they lose their identity, lol. and so others know they are "together".

Seriously that was a joke.

A Pet Peeve is: feeling rotten.

I'm watching this Bobby Jindal character. You know, the Louisiana, Indian American Governor.

This guy is a brainwashed, political turd. This guy doesn't shut up.

You know how some people want to be rockstars when they grow up? Well, this guy was like that, but towards politics. He is so obviously rehearsed.

I hate prescription drug advertising. Actually, I hate all drug advertising.

I especially hate the Aleve commercials with these older people dancing like they are on a combination of antidepressants, acid, and methamphetamine.

Haha, I completely agree with you. They're one of the many reasons I usually can't stand to watch commercial television.

making a list if items needed, taking list to store, reading list in store while shopping as not to forget anything and then....

getting home and realizing that you missed a few items on the list.

:blink:

Haha, I completely agree with you. They're one of the many reasons I usually can't stand to watch commercial television.

Yeah, don't watch it. I call it the idiot box. If you aren't careful, it will think for you.

After all, most people think the way mass media wants them to. What can be good about that?

Yeah, don't watch it. I call it the idiot box. If you aren't careful, it will think for you.

After all, most people think the way mass media wants them to. What can be good about that?

Heh heh, well, I only get like six channels anyways.. I don't have cable. If I decide to watch it, I usually watch some sort of documentary on public television, or I just go on Youtube. But yes.. I'm very aware of how some people just get sucked into commercial television and don't even realize how lame they are being, or how their mind is being controlled.

Edited by Sugarplum

making a list if items needed, taking list to store, reading list in store while shopping as not to forget anything and then....

getting home and realizing that you missed a few items on the list.

:blink:

I'm guilty of this, as well...So annoying!! grumble.gif

I don't watch much television, except for the music channels and VH1 Classic Rock and sometimes TVLand. There isn't ever anything worth watching on.

Tv really sucks right now. All you have are some form of reality show. Which is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to entertainment. It's just cheap trash entertainment. Back in the day there used to be so many great shows on. Now it's just "American Idol", "Dancing with the stars", "so you think you can dance", the "Batchlerette", the CSI nonsense and "two guys and a whatever". Thats it. Garbage!!!

Edited by spats

"Two and a Half Men" really exposes the gross, shallow, moronic nature of most men. We love it.

But most men aren't like that.

That's another thing i don't like about tv or movies. How they portray men. Whether it be that show or the Seth rogen lovable immature goof ball movies that women seem to love and go laugh at. Where the guy is the idiot, women are always smarter than the guy and she is just putting up with him. And no one complains about it. But if a movie portrays a woman a certain way then there is an uproar and complaints.

I don't care what it takes to make them laugh. I'd bang a shovel over my own head, if it worked. Forget flowers - laughter is the best panty remover.

I wouldn't like a woman who would laugh at a guy for doing that stuff or women that find those shows and movies that i mentioned funny. They can't think very much of men if they find that funny. because it shows they approve of that view of men. I have never gone out of my way to try and make a woman laugh. i would never try and make a fool of myself to attract a woman.