Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I hate it when people don't use the turn lanes in the center of the road in traffic, (aren't they there to keep traffic moving?), and I hate it when people don't know how to merge into traffic, (sorry, going 25 trying to merge onto the freeway is just fucking stupid).

I hate how so many people are unaware that they're turn signals don't work! I mean, it's like they don't care that they work!

I was behind this guy on the freeway for like a mile and he had his left turn signal on. I thought he wanted over, so I backed down to let him over. After a while, I noticed that he wasn't moving or anything, so when I finally went back up to the speed I was driving previously, I just turned on my left turn signal for a few seconds. He figured it out. LOL

I was behind this guy on the freeway for like a mile and he had his left turn signal on. I thought he wanted over, so I backed down to let him over. After a while, I noticed that he wasn't moving or anything, so when I finally went back up to the speed I was driving previously, I just turned on my left turn signal for a few seconds. He figured it out. LOL

That was you.I thought you looked familar.

People do whatever they want on the roads, because they know you can't get a hold of them. But if they do it frequently enough, some other high strung wack job will put a major hurting on them. Let them go, they'll get theirs eventually.

I hate it when you're driving along a road where the speed limit is like 55 or 60 or something, and you notice you're rapidly approaching the car in front of you. Oh wait---they're not going the speed limit..they may be going 30 or 35...and they're swerving all over their lane.

Then when you get close enough to see them, it's like "get off the fucking phone, your moron!"

:rolleyes:

That happened to me yesterday more than once.

Thought I'd bring it up to get some other convo going.

I absolutely hate it when people repeat things. And when I say it, it brings to mind, my friend who likes to repeat things constantly just to mess with me and thinks it's funny. I hate that so much.

Well, I absolutely hate it when people repeat things. And when I say it, it brings to mind, my friend who likes to repeat things constantly just to mess with me and thinks it's funny. I hate that so much.

:P

Well, I absolutely hate it when people repeat things. And when I say it, it brings to mind, my friend who likes to repeat things constantly just to mess with me and thinks it's funny. I hate that so much.

:P

Kind of along those lines, my hackles go up when people use your first name several times in one sentence (usually this happens in a work related situation with someone you don't know, or don't know well) :blink: KWIM? It comes out kind of patronizing.

Our mail delivery. The rates go up.......the service goes down!!

I got a letter the other day that was addressed to Anchorage, Alaska! (I'm in Washington) :huh:

I get my own mail that someone has written on it: 'Delivered to the wrong address....TWICE!!'

Our mail sometimes comes after 5 PM!!

One package I ordered never arrived. It probably went to that wrong address and was stolen.

Idiots!!

<_<

Culture Shock

The term, culture shock, was introduced for the first time in 1958 to describe the anxiety produced when a person moves to a completely new environment. This term expresses the lack of direction, the feeling of not knowing what to do or how to do things in a new environment, and not knowing what is appropriate or inappropriate. The feeling of culture shock generally sets in after the first few weeks of coming to a new place.

We can describe culture shock as the physical and emotional discomfort one suffers when coming to live in another country or a place different from the place of origin. Often, the way that we lived before is not accepted as or considered as normal in the new place. Everything is different, for example, not speaking the language, not knowing how to use banking machines, not knowing how to use the telephone and so forth.

The symptoms of cultural shock can appear at different times. Although, one can experience real pain from culture shock; it is also an opportunity for redefining one's life objectives. It is a great opportunity for learning and acquiring new perspectives. Culture shock can make one develop a better understanding of oneself and stimulate personal creativity.

-Dr. Carmen Guanipa

edweb.sdsu.edu

I really really hate Summer Holidays. For the simple fact that Sioux Falls is the largest city in the state, and therefore, during holidays, people from the surrounding areas come to town to shop. Lured by the major "holiday sales events" at the stores, they flood the roads with their confused, stupid driving. Yesterday, an out-of-towner tried to merge with my car. Today, another out-of-towner stopped right in the middle of the on-ramp to the interstate. They had to sit and wait for that one car a long way away to pass before they went. And then they drove really SLOW on the interstate. The interstate speed is 65 in town, not 50!!

With the warm weather comes more and more couples making asses of themselves with public displays of a affection. Get a room. :o

I don't need warm weather to display affection to my wife.I'll do that anywhere I want.

^I know! I saw your stupid cartoon-face-ass in my front yard, doing things I will NOT mention in the presence of children.

You wondered why the sprinklers came on?

Yeah. I went to the garage and turned them on. Funny--your toupee flipped off! :lol:

Do I sense a little envy :shifty:

25a05952.jpg

I have never been one to do that stuff in public with ex girlfriends. I think it looks silly. And it shows insecurity or that you are trying to prove something.

I have had girlfriends get pissed about that. They thought i didn't want anyone to know that we were a couple or something like that. I think it's women that are more into the public displays than guys are,.

I have never been one to do that stuff in public with ex girlfriends. I think it looks silly. And it shows insecurity or that you are trying to prove something.

I have had girlfriends get pissed about that. They thought i didn't want anyone to know that we were a couple or something like that. I think it's women that are more into the public displays than guys are,.

Insecurity? I don't think it shows that at all. I think one would have to be very secure with themselves and their partner to show that type of display in public. Insecurity would be not acknowledging the existence of one another in public...like the other one has cooties and you'd be damned if you caught it.

What you have written is the very definition of Insecurity. When you feel secure in your emotions you don't give a rip what anyone else thinks, or how things "look". :)

Key words muh man.

Nothin more exhilerating than mounting up in a public place :P

f39374ac.jpg

I have a question folks: Can someone please tell me why UPS decided to chose the guy in their current commercials, to advertise themselves nationally?

Is anyone else a bit irritated and weirded out?

Thats why I keep taking your Girlfriends I will do whatever they want where ever they want. :D

Archived