Pet Peeves

Hotplant

Whatever happened to the ole days, with the low key hanging out at the -led zeppelin pub? and the buying of free imaginary drinks was always fun too.

Imaginary drinks!!!! Damn - I have a tally chart going of all the people who owe me drinks.

Life can be sooooo cruel :'(

One time my dad had trapped a big racoon up in the attic. This section of attic space was only accessable through a ceiling trap door in a small boiler room. He was handing the racoon in the trap down to me on top of a ladder, so the racoon is like right in my face, to get the trap out of the ceiling trap door and i'm sort of just waiting for it to freak out and just pictured me dropping the trap and the thing opening and getting out in this small space. My father was laughing hysterically, i was laughing hysterically and scared. I was like, let me go up there and hand the trap down to you. Anyway, you had to be there...all went well and the racoon was released in a park, no wooded areas anywhere close by around here.

I can imagine it looked as funny as my brother and I moving the work bench it was hiding behind, away from the wall. We were holding plastic rakes in front of our legs in case the little bugger decided to freak out.

I believe I saw it skulk out of the garage last night after a hard rain storm. I will still need to go out this morning to confirm, but I sure hope its home, happy and snuggled warmly and that its learned its lesson on what can happen if it investigates my garage again.

I did feel bad for the critter; it was so scared and he/she didn't display any agression when I dumped bottle after bottle of water on it or touch (not poke) it will a stick (just to make sure it was alive).

I've had my fill of wild life for the week. I don't even want to see a squirrel in my yard. This must be wild life curse weekend for my family since my niece hit a deer on Saturday night and totaled her Ford Escape.

I can imagine it looked as funny as my brother and I moving the work bench it was hiding behind, away from the wall. We were holding plastic rakes in front of our legs in case the little bugger decided to freak out.

I believe I saw it skulk out of the garage last night after a hard rain storm. I will still need to go out this morning to confirm, but I sure hope its home, happy and snuggled warmly and that its learned its lesson on what can happen if it investigates my garage again.

I did feel bad for the critter; it was so scared and he/she didn't display any agression when I dumped bottle after bottle of water on it or touch (not poke) it will a stick (just to make sure it was alive).

I've had my fill of wild life for the week. I don't even want to see a squirrel in my yard. This must be wild life curse weekend for my family since my niece hit a deer on Saturday night and totaled her Ford Escape.

Whoa, deer on the road isnt good. Forget the car, as long as she is alright.

With the racoons, or any animal, when their scared is when you have to watch out,especially racoons. looking back, we should have covered the cage with a towel or something and as long as its visually blocked it shouldnt freak out.

Another racoon story. There was a racoon who was breaking into cabin boats around the canals here and one family was heading out on a 34ft luhrs and a mother and kids sppoked the racoon out of the cabin and it climbed up to the flying bridge and was bristling and scared. The guy driving the boat ofcourse sort of freaked out cause they were underway and there was nowhere for anyone to go. I forget if they just went back to the dock and got off the boat, or if my neighbor got a fluke net over the racoon to contain it.

Fighting talk eh.. I wondered when the hostilities would start. :lol:

I'll see you in the pub to sort this 'little issue' out.

thinks to himself 'if Ev's been up all night I may get the upperhand - at last' :P

You wish! ;)

I'm just getting into my prime..oops. Fell off the bloody chair! Bugger! Where can a bloke get an FEB in this joint? I need protein damnit! :lol:

Pint of ale please. Oh, is this the wrong room? Could someone direct me to the nearest barkeep with a primed tap???? :o:D

You wish! ;)

I'm just getting into my prime..oops. Fell off the bloody chair! Bugger! Where can a bloke get an FEB in this joint? I need protein damnit! :lol:

Pint of ale please. Oh, is this the wrong room? Could someone direct me to the nearest barkeep with a primed tap???? :o:D

I heard some chick in Newcastle has one :D

Whatever happened to the ole days, with the low key hanging out at the -led zeppelin pub? and the buying of free imaginary drinks was always fun too.

Planet Zeppelin has the best on line pub around, the Black Dog Pub. Maybe Evster will vouch for it?

This isn't a pet peeve, but a confusion. It's something that has actually bothered me.

Warning: this is NOT for children. If you have virgin ears, please do not read further.

I never understood lesbians who use dildos, especially strap-ons, when sleeping with each other. Doesn't that make them closet-straight? It's obvious what they want, so just go for the real deal, or at least go for a transvestite.

This isn't a pet peeve, but a confusion. It's something that has actually bothered me.

Warning: this is NOT for children. If you have virgin ears, please do not read further.

I never understood lesbians who use dildos, especially strap-ons, when sleeping with each other. Doesn't that make them closet-straight? It's obvious what they want, so just go for the real deal, or at least go for a transvestite.

Never gave it a second thought.

Sex toys are for everyone, but lesbians need them the most.

Sex toys are for everyone, but lesbians need them the most.

I still say lesbians who use dildos, especially strap-ons, are closet-straight. I mean, if you have to have the boobs, there's always the transvestite.

I still say lesbians who use dildos, especially strap-ons, are closet-straight. I mean, if you have to have the boobs, there's always the transvestite.

I can't imagine there are many women, gay or straight, that are interested in transvestites. They do seem to enjoy drag shows, for some reason - but not sexual interaction?

They have the best chicken wings in the virtual world, and in any flavor you want. Their motto is "you want it, we got it." Trust me. I own the place.

I never got real drinks. They always gave me non alcoholic ones. Ah well, best wait till I'm 21.

ANd I used to visit there, they never minded so long as I didn't drink.

Nothing wrong with a lesbian with a dildo .Funny story...oh never mind.

:lol:

My pet peeve is that there is a "Other Bands / Music" thread on this site. You would think people would sign up here to talk about Led Zeppelin but apparently not. This is analogous to the New York Mets site having a forum discussing the New York Yankees.. It's provocative and I don't see the point. If I wanted to talk about the Yardbirds I would sign up with the Yardbirds official site, which I have done and I do, because I consider it rude talking about different bands on some other band's own homepage.

My pet peeve is that there is a "Other Bands / Music" thread on this site. You would think people would sign up here to talk about Led Zeppelin but apparently not. This is analogous to the New York Mets site having a forum discussing the New York Yankees.. It's provocative and I don't see the point. If I wanted to talk about the Yardbirds I would sign up with the Yardbirds official site, which I have done and I do, because I consider it rude talking about different bands on some other band's own homepage.

Well, it's like this: Zeppelin broke up in 1980. No matter how much you love Zeppelin, there's only so many things you can discuss about Jimmy's hairstyles throughout the years, or John Paul's car-parking abilities, or Bonzo's timing on this song or that song, or the infamous Mud Shark Incident....and a lot of us know each other pretty well by now. And a lot of us like a lot of the same bands. I don't see what is wrong with it, really. Technically, if this forum was strictly devoted to all things Zep and NOTHING ELSE, there wouldn't even be a bottom section. And lots of people would eventually wander off, having nothing new to tell. It's not like the guys are stilll out doing crazy things all over the place.

Well, it's like this: Zeppelin broke up in 1980. No matter how much you love Zeppelin, there's only so many things you can discuss about Jimmy's hairstyles throughout the years, or John Paul's car-parking abilities, or Bonzo's timing on this song or that song, or the infamous Mud Shark Incident....and a lot of us know each other pretty well by now. And a lot of us like a lot of the same bands. I don't see what is wrong with it, really. Technically, if this forum was strictly devoted to all things Zep and NOTHING ELSE, there wouldn't even be a bottom section. And lots of people would eventually wander off, having nothing new to tell. It's not like the guys are stilll out doing crazy things all over the place.

Funny I could have sworn this site is called "Led Zeppelin: Official Forum" last time I checked. I've been a fan for a long time now and I still find new things to discuss about the band.

"And a lot of us like a lot of the same bands." So? I like other bands but I think it's only courteous to the website owners to discuss them on website more appropriate to those artists.

Archived