Pet Peeves

Hotplant

I hate house renovations! We are re-doing the living room and kitchen. I have been cooped up in my bedroom with my boyfriend and 1 year old for 2 WEEKS!!!!! There is no room in here because most of the stuff that was in the living room is in here with us.

why can t some men, understand when I say NO, i don t wsnt to go out with you,

and no I will not attend a football match,

or go

to your local and watch a football game,

or go to the cinema.

or go for a pizza,or a walk in the park

I AM NOT BLOODY INTERESTED.

Because women like to play hard to get. Game playing like that causes mixed signals and guys don't know if the woman is really interested or not and they become conditioned to think that even if she says she is not interested that does not mean it's the truth. She could be just playing games. And women who truly are not interested in a guy pay for it. I have heard a ton of women who have complained that men give up too easily when pursuing. These women are idiots. The women should just be honest and upfront. Too hard i guess. :rolleyes:

Pet peeve of the day:

Women-haters...

(yeah, I'm talkin' about the person y'all think I'm talkin' about)

Dude, just leave me alone like you said you would. Keep your word. :rolleyes: I never come near you.

I personally know women that have said.. "I told him no but i didn't really mean it. I was just playing hard to get." Get out on to the dating scene and meet women. You have admitted i have more experience than you. If there wasn't game playing then women would not have to complain about men not understanding what they mean. Honesty would erase problems like that.

Dude, just leave me alone like you said you would. Keep your word. :rolleyes: I never come near you.

I personally know women that have said.. "I told him no but i didn't really mean it. I was just playing hard to get." Get out on to the dating seen and meet women. You have admitted i have more experience than you. If there wasn't game playing than women would not have to complain about men not understanding what they mean. Honesty would erase problems like that.

Not all women are like that and you make it sound like we all are. Some do play games but don't lump the whole female population in that category.

I hate house renovations! We are re-doing the living room and kitchen. I have been cooped up in my bedroom with my boyfriend and 1 year old for 2 WEEKS!!!!! There is no room in here because most of the stuff that was in the living room is in here with us.

Yes, I was so glad when the painters were finally done with everything after the last project.

I personally know women that have said.. "I told him no but i didn't really mean it. I was just playing hard to get." Get out on to the dating seen and meet women. You have admitted i have more experience than you. If there wasn't game playing than women would not have to complain about men not understanding what they mean. Honesty would erase problems like that.

spats, we aren't all like that and I'm tired of you saying we are. Only some do that whle others would either say no and mean it, or say yes.

Not trying to stir up any crap but I can't sit hear in silence anymore. Mary Hartman, why do you insist on leaving your gender blank on your members profile ? Given that you've finally come out and said that you are not a woman, don't you think that if you continue to use that username , you should at least correct that. May as well be upfront about things now

Why do you insist on arguing over how I operate my computer is the real question here is it not? All you did was pick up on Ricks problem with it. I've explained the reasoning behind this once or twice. And I've explained who I am on numerous occasions. Still you cannot understand this?

To me arguing over simple things proves nothing to anyone but simpletons!

Everyone knows who you are now. Of course you would have to ask Sam or an administrator to change your name unless you just joined with a differant one. But to use a woman's name when you are in fact of male gender, makes no sense. Sure, Mary Hartman is kind of a famous woman, I remember her show. But you did use it to decieve at first, and you know it Ed. Not saying you are the only one to ever do it. But Ill tell you one thing, I never lied about my gender. Never. Or my age for that matter.

The reasoning behind it was as it was before. My gender should be of no significance to you Ally or anyone else on this board.

That is unless you want to make it an issue. You actually helped me to think that nobody really cares who I am. I guess you don't recall this right? In all sincerity and this is very factual. I don't care if you call yourself chicken little, or ally calls himself lonewolf.

I do care if someone claims that if I'm male of female is any of their business to use to cause me issues though.

spats, we aren't all like that and I'm tired of you saying we are. Only some do that whle others would either say no and mean it, or say yes.

So no woman here has played hard to get? :blink: You would be hard pressed to find any woman who hasn't played hard to get.

What the hell, I'll bite...

So no woman here has played hard to get? :blink: You would be hard pressed to find any woman who hasn't played hard to get.

Perhaps you could try to read slower... and see all of the words in the sentence.

...and fwiw, I know women who don't 'play hard to get' and they don't say 'no' when they mean 'yes' etc.

Who gives a rat's ass if "Mary Hartman" (whoever the hell that is) has a female screen name but is really a guy? Why does anyone get bothered enough to care? Is that something worth being annoyed over?

It seems to me that some of you are stretching here.

Why do you insist on arguing over how I operate my computer is the real question here is it not? All you did was pick up on Ricks problem with it. I've explained the reasoning behind this once or twice. And I've explained who I am on numerous occasions. Still you cannot understand this?

To me arguing over simple things proves nothing to anyone but simpletons!

Well as I said, I was not aware untill last week that you were in fact a guy. Had I known, I would have said something ages ago. The issue for me is quite simple, I like to know whether or not I'm talking to a man or a woman. For the obvious reasons, I think most people do. I have no desire to badger you about it but, you openned the door to critisism all on your own. It's just bloody weird and this kind of nonsense has me questioning my own participation here. My bad for being the simpleton and not paying attention

Electrophile, call me old fashioned or whatever but, if you think this kind of stuff is cool then I respectfully suggest girl that you give your head a shake. It's not cool at all and I think you know that

Well as I said, I was not aware untill last week that you were in fact a guy. Had I known, I would have said something ages ago. The issue for me is quite simple, I like to know whether or not I'm talking to a man or a woman. For the obvious reasons, I think most people do. I have no desire to badger you about it but, you openned the door to critisism all on your own. It's just bloody weird and this kind of nonsense has me questioning my own participation here. My bad for being the simpleton and not paying attention

Electrophile, call me old fashioned or whatever but, if you think this kind of stuff is cool then I respectfully suggest girl that you give your head a shake. It's not cool at all and I think you know that

Some people are not satisfied with anything but fighting. As far as anyone holding you here to justify starting fights.

Well?

Some people are not satisfied with anything but fighting. As far as anyone holding you here to justify starting fights.

Well?

Not here to start fights at all. I spoke MY mind and stated why. End of story. You don't have to accept my opinion or even read it.

Not here to start fights at all. I spoke MY mind and stated why. End of story. You don't have to accept my opinion or even read it.

Ok,

Perhaps now you can explain why you have a woman's name and claim to be a man?

Ally:

German meaning sweet. The pet form of Alison, ultimately derived from the German name, Adalheidis and adopted as a nickname for Alfreda, Alice, Alison, Allegra, Allison, Alva and Alvina. The name faded from the popularity chart in 1950, but returned in 1986 due to the instant success of the 1980s television comedy, "Kate & Allie" that was followed by the 1997 to 2002 television series "Ally McBeal.

There are many ambiguous names here, with no clarification of what sex the persons are. That is a personal preferance. It's the same with age or where you live. Some people are more open with their personal info than others. You gotta live with it or.....

Ok,

Perhaps now you can explain why you have a woman's name and claim to be a man?

Ally:

German meaning sweet. The pet form of Alison, ultimately derived from the German name, Adalheidis and adopted as a nickname for Alfreda, Alice, Alison, Allegra, Allison, Alva and Alvina. The name faded from the popularity chart in 1950, but returned in 1986 due to the instant success of the 1980s television comedy, "Kate & Allie" that was followed by the 1997 to 2002 television series "Ally McBeal.

It's not a woman's name. I did say in my original statement to you that I could see how some may have thought it might be but I think if you ask any of the Brits here , they'd tell you that it's not that uncommon for a guy with my real name to be called Ally. However, I'm not ignorant to the possible confusion so I'll go on record and say that I will change it if it's an issue. BTW, I am a guy and I never pretended to be anything but a guy. There are plenty of people here that will vouch for me on that. How does Bob The Building sound ?

There are many ambiguous names here, with no clarification of what sex the persons are. That is a personal preferance. It's the same with age or where you live. Some people are more open with their personal info than others. You gotta live with it or.....

As I said DD. I stated my opinion. I'm entitled to that. He responded, I responded back

It's not a woman's name. I did say in my original statement to you that I could see how some may have thought it might be but I think if you ask any of the Brits here , they'd tell you that it's not that uncommon for a guy with my real name to be called Ally. However, I'm not ignorant to the possible confusion so I'll go on record and say that I will change it if it's an issue. BTW, I am a guy and I never pretended to be anything but a guy. There are plenty of people here that will vouch for me on that. How does Bob The Building sound ?

I don't care what you call yourself. I never claimed I was a woman.

You assumed I was a woman.

Archived