Pet Peeves

Hotplant

... and we're not even in the middle of it... :)

~~~~~~~~

I think the tough thing with stuff like this is that behind all the usernames, internet or forum personas and characters are real people with real feelings and sometimes real problems. I have a hunch that what becomes an odd sort of entertainment for us spectators is sometimes rather painful and/or cathartic for those actually involved.

The truth is that people do meet on the internet. There are formal dating sites like EHarmony and the likes, and there are message boards. People meet as friends, as i read about just this AM here (i can't think off the top of my head which user it was) and sometimes people fall in love. I had two good friends on the original board who met and married people right here. One couple lived only a short distance away from each other (NYC and NJ) and the other couple were an ocean away (Midwest U.S.A. and Scotland). I just wanted to thank you, LOS, for pointing out that real people with real feelings are sometimes involved. I can't sit back and watch a friend of mine be slandered by someone who never met him in person and is taking the word of someone he doesn't know. A 54 year old woman, not a "girl" as Rick keeps calling her.

Edit: and i know this is not the place to air any of this, and apologies to anyone who is offended by this.

Considering this site is no different than those where predators may hang out I see no problem with someone not revealing their gender, particularly females. I've mentioned this already but that's why it's optional to list as much (or as little) information as you want in your profile. This goes for gender, age, your location, etc.

You make an excellent point Jahfin. One that I really didn't consider and, should have. I find the members of this site to be a pretty cool, diverse bunch and in all honesty, that opinion of the membership as a whole has probably influenced my opinion on the subject at hand. I suppose,given the possible threat to some, it's me that has to reconsider the gender issue. In this case though, gender was revealed on the forum. All I asked of Mary was that he now include it in his profile so there would be no further confusion. It should also be noted that I never at any point said that people should reveal all. Just gender.

A person may have a perfectly good reason not to reveal his/her gender on a site like this.

As I said EL. That is a position that I'll have to reconsider

Anyone who has been here reading in the past week knows who Ed is. ie, that Mary Hartman is Ed. He isnt denying it. Damn. And Im being called nuts???????????

2i6p4iw.jpg

I am Ed. Never denied it except perhaps in fun. I have been known to use parody many many times in the past. And I am not using a proxy or deception with KB or Sam.

I said they do a fine job and they make mistakes like all of us and I damned well meant what I said. Most of the mistakes I made was like a decade ago and one prank sure caused a wave that is still felt today. Since then I know for a fact how much computer time I could have wasted. I have the code for it but I locked it away and so did everyone else online.

These things have been done as University projects actually. Something I was unaware of until last week (meaning guys posing as girls and vs versa for a masters thesis and such)

I've seen just as many guys playing games :rolleyes: stringn' many women along for sex, drugs

shelter, money, food or what ever.

You can only be strung along if you want to be.

I am not saying men don't play games. But women are the ones who play hard to get most of the time and that's the topic we were on about. Some girl was talking about why some men can't take no for an answer. And it's because of the games that a lot of women play.

If you go out on the dating scene you will see that No does not always mean no.

Yes, she is, idiot. No matter who you met, I've never played these games (neither did any of my friends), and that's what counts, because I'm actually a woman, so I know better.

Well there are tons of women who don't know better.

You can only be strung along if you want to be.

I am not saying men don't play games. But women are the ones who play hard to get most of the time and that's the topic we were on about. Some girl was talking about why some men can't take no for an answer. And it's because of the games that a lot of women play.

If you go out on the dating scene you will see that No does not always mean no.

Girls have something I learned about a long time ago. You have to learn to respect the "PP" Spats.

I think girls believe guys play games more and guys think girls play games more...

<gammatical error correct on edit, I THINK)

People who don't know that not everyone from the UK is "English", and we don't all live in London.

Could I just point out that the "English girl" who has been discussed here, Pauline, is actually Welsh?

Girls have something I learned about a long time ago. You have to learn to respect the "PP" Spats.

I think girls believe guys play games more and guys think girls play games more...

<gammatical error correct on edit, I THINK)

There is no such thing dude. :rolleyes:

People who don't know that not everyone from the UK is "English", and we don't all live in London.

Could I just point out that the "English girl" who has been discussed here, Pauline, is actually Welsh?

Correct born in Aber and raised in Aber. Gorgeous kids though, well pretty much young ladies now.

Pussy Power? You stand corrected.

Maybe if the guy is weak it exists. But i won't compromise principals to get it. And there are plenty of women too who arent getting any so it can't be that powerful.

Well there are tons of women who don't know better.

Who cares. You make it sound as if ALL women were like that. You just can´t win this arguent boy, so get over it. Don´t you understand that people are actually sick of hearing about your sexual frustrations?

Who cares. You make it sound as if ALL women were like that. You just can´t win this arguent boy, so get over it. Don´t you understand that people are actually sick of hearing about your sexual frustrations?

I didn't say all women. I would wager most though.

I am not talking about my sex life. Some woman was complaining about guys not taking no for an answer and i said why that is.

spats, do us all a favor and resist the urge to talk about your sex life, or lack thereof. Even if everyone else is talking about it, don't chime in. You can't talk about the subject of sex like an adult and that's what we all are.

Archived