Pet Peeves

Hotplant

:o Damn right! I always use the 3 second rule, when the light turns green wait 3 secs before moving.

Yep, it's a life saver

Drivers who run red lights at high speeds.

I was about to make a right turn after my light had turned green.

On my left a guy came barrelling through the intersection on his red light.

Thank God I am cautious at intersections.

Just today i witnessed some imbecile signaling a right turn, then inexplicably veered across 2 lanes to the left and made a left turn...on a red light....and plowed into a garbage truck. Of course he was very busy on his cell and didn't have time to think about driving.

It boggles the mind.

Just today i witnessed some imbecile signaling a right turn, then inexplicably veered across 2 lanes to the left and made a left turn...on a red light....and plowed into a garbage truck. Of course he was very busy on his cell and didn't have time to think about driving.

It boggles the mind.

It does, Especially after we find out that he will walk away with some cash in his pocket for being a damn jerk. "Oh shit man, that truck had a clearance light out " Doesn't matter that it all happened in broad daylight <_< .

It does, Especially after we find out that he will walk away with some cash in his pocket for being a damn jerk. "Oh shit man, that truck had a clearance light out " Doesn't matter that it all happened in broad daylight <_< .

Not so fast my friend. I gladly presented myself as a witness to the truck driver just in case Mr. Imbecile tried to make such an absurd claim. I should have waited for the Cops but i had to go.

I hope that i get a call....would like to see some justice.

People who follow you to closely when it is entirely unnecessary.

Another guy today followed me in the freeway exit lane as I prepared to make a right turn, honked at me because he thought I was too slow, and then suddenly changed lanes when he realized that he needed to turn left instead of right.

Not so fast my friend. I gladly presented myself as a witness to the truck driver just in case Mr. Imbecile tried to make such an absurd claim. I should have waited for the Cops but i had to go.

I hope that i get a call....would like to see some justice.

Good for for you my friend. :beer: I think we're all tired of these losers getting away with murder on our roads. A witness is everything

People who follow you to closely when it is entirely unnecessary.

Another guy today followed me in the freeway exit lane as I prepared to make a right turn, honked at me because he thought I was too slow, and then suddenly changed lanes when he realized that he needed to turn left instead of right.

My personal favorite is people who tailgate you when your heading downhill at night. Highbeams, foglights, on a perfectly clear evening when neither are necessary. Not to mention the cars that are heading uphill with the same set of lights on. My last day on the job may be a fun one :lol:

To quote another Jedi master....

It is time...

... perhaps we can divert it to a single thread... contain it, we want... yes.

*nods wisely while ears move & eyes close halfway*

... yes, contain it we must. mmm...

~~~~~~~~~

edited to add.... It is done.

...alas, it is undone.

:o Damn right! I always use the 3 second rule, when the light turns green wait 3 secs before moving.

I knew it you're really from a retirement home in Volusia County Florida $*^##@%^&)$%&& Quit backing up traffic on our curves blister!!!

:lol:

We had a garage sale today, and planning to have one tomorrow, but we noticed our signs are gone. Someone told me the city took them down. Were putting them back up, but can we get a ticket for doing this?

You should check with your city to find out what the ordinance is for having a garage sales and what you can and cannot do. Just a thought.

So, today I find this giant-ass crack down the middle of my Yardbirds Cumular Limit CD. I f'ing LOVE this CD. Seeing as how it's a discontinued item, the cheapest I can find it for is about $60 (USD).

Now, I'm broke. Dead broke. No job, nothin'. And $60 for one used CD? Greedy asshole sellers.

*rants about not being able to find downloads n' shit*

This is not the first discontinued CD that I bought that has broken, although, thankfully, I had FLAC archived back-ups of those other 3 (yeah, 3... I have about 10 discontinued CDs in total that I got either from friends as gifts or that I bought before they became discontinued). Just not this one. Why is it whenever one of your CDs gets broken, it's always one that is discontinued and no longer easy to get for under $50? And I take DAMN GOOD care of my CDs. This is pissing me off.

So, today I find this giant-ass crack down the middle of my Yardbirds Cumular Limit CD. I f'ing LOVE this CD. Seeing as how it's a discontinued item, the cheapest I can find it for is about $60 (USD).

Now, I'm broke. Dead broke. No job, nothin'. And $60 for one used CD? Greedy asshole sellers.

*rants about not being able to find downloads n' shit*

This is not the first discontinued CD that I bought that has broken, although, thankfully, I had FLAC archived back-ups of those other 3 (yeah, 3... I have about 10 discontinued CDs in total that I got either from friends as gifts or that I bought before they became discontinued). Just not this one. Why is it whenever one of your CDs gets broken, it's always one that is discontinued and no longer easy to get for under $50? And I take DAMN GOOD care of my CDs. This is pissing me off.

nathan, that's such a bummer. i can only afford to buy CDs every now and then, so i can understand how you feel. and $60 ? i'm guessing that's about $100 or so in aussie dollars, and with no wjob atm, it's gonna take a long time for you to save up. wish i could help, maybe someone else on here can?

I feel your pain on the broken CD but I must say in 30 years of owning them, I've never had a single one break. Good luck in your search for another copy, even if someone is kind enough to burn one for you.

I can also relate to the discontinued/out of print thing. It seems to happen more and more these days, especially with newer albums. I guess if they don't sell well or if there's some type of financial trouble at the record label they can go out of print pretty quickly.

Gosh! Can't they make a truck with decent gas mileage? I mean, I'm not asking for 35 mpg here - I know it's not going to cruise like a Civic no matter what you do - but just cracking 25 would be fine by me. Also, why are Tacomas so expensive? They were supposed to be the smaller, cheaper alternative to the Tundra, but now they're huge and darn near as expensive. Might as well get a Tundra if you're going to spend that much! Meanwhile, what are the poor folks supposed to do?

Nathan - wish I had that CD to burn for you. Sorry to hear that, man.

I feel your pain on the broken CD but I must say in 30 years of owning them, I've never had a single one break. Good luck in your search for another copy, even if someone is kind enough to burn one for you.

For me, breaking is not common. I have too many of CDs (probably close to, or maybe even over two thousand), and I think maybe 6 total have ever broken, and this is the only CD I happened to not have an archive back-up of.

I can also relate to the discontinued/out of print thing. It seems to happen more and more these days, especially with newer albums. I guess if they don't sell well or if there's some type of financial trouble at the record label they can go out of print pretty quickly.

I can understand it, but it's annoying as hell...

Gosh! Can't they make a truck with decent gas mileage? I mean, I'm not asking for 35 mpg here - I know it's not going to cruise like a Civic no matter what you do - but just cracking 25 would be fine by me. Also, why are Tacomas so expensive? They were supposed to be the smaller, cheaper alternative to the Tundra, but now they're huge and darn near as expensive. Might as well get a Tundra if you're going to spend that much! Meanwhile, what are the poor folks supposed to do?

I'd love an answer to this question as well. I know they have the technology to do it. I mean, look at the Toyota Rav4. It's using a direct injected 6 cylinder engine with 260 horsepower and the thing gets 26 miles to the gallon average. It's not like it's some super tech design either.

I used to love Tacomas, but not anymore. Toyota is selling vehicles based off of their name and reputation, but the quality and design has fallen significantly. It's only a matter of time before they end up like GM.

The car companies could make extremely fuel efficient vehicles. There were a lot of small trucks in the 80's getting amazing gas mileage. If they could do it then I don't know why they couldn't do it now.

The Gas companies, man. Chevron, Shell, BP, etc, etc, etc... the less gas mileage a car or truck gets, the more money these gas executive assholes make.

You know we could have had different kinds of more environmentally-friendly fuels years ago, right? Why didn't we?

Yeah, you got it. The gas companies... don't wanna give up their money. They are ruled by The Mighty Dollar. It is their god, and they would be punished if they turned away from it...

:slapface: (at the oil companies)

Nathan - wish I had that CD to burn for you. Sorry to hear that, man.

Thanks. It seriously sucks. And don't worry about not having it. I wasn't actually expecting anyone to burn me a copy. It is on demonoid, but with only one seed and my poor internet connection (Comcast), I'd have to wait weeks to get it...

I'll probably just end up saving for it and buying a used one @ $60. waste of money, I know, but unless the demonoid torrent magically gets, like, 4 or 5 seeders on it, I have no other way getting this one back... :(

There is one upside to having to get a copy to burn onto a CD+/-R, though... I can add "Knowing that I'm Losing You" to it... :D

(Side note... when I tried to type the code for this smilie: :D [: D], I somehow managed to type "LSD"... is my subconscious mind trying to tell me something?)

Archived