The flood of tears thread.

It was in December! Get over it already. A bunch of people crying on a message board isn't going to make them change their minds, if they are already made up. I wasn't there, you don't see me sobbing over it.

We don't see you because you're just a digital image,i was of course upset but what really gets me is i wasn't even able to register for tickets,i didn't have an email address and wasn't even properly equipped to set one up.Yep,my petty technological idiocy prevented me from having a fighting chance at getting tickets.I got an email address the day after the registration closed,hence the flood. :boohoo: i'm sorry,i just had an emotional moment.

I wasn't there. I got registered, but wasn't one of the lucky ones. I'm neither sad nor bitter. C'est la vie. I certainly haven't let not being there diminish my excitement over the event, much less my joy for all my friends who got to witness it. Angi and I watched Robert and Allison on tv last night. Allison sang When the Levee Breaks! It was awesome! Thank god Angi taped it! Too many great things are happening to whinge on about missing the O2. Now if they'd just announce the west coast dates for the Raising Sand tour!! Never look back in anger, always forward with hope! :beer:

I wasn't there. I got registered, but wasn't one of the lucky ones. I'm neither sad nor bitter. C'est la vie. I certainly haven't let not being there diminish my excitement over the event, much less my joy for all my friends who got to witness it. Angi and I watched Robert and Allison on tv last night. Allison sang When the Levee Breaks! It was awesome! Thank god Angi taped it! Too many great things are happening to whinge on about missing the O2. Now if they'd just announce the west coast dates for the Raising Sand tour!! Never look back in anger, always forward with hope! :beer:

Agreed...couldn't say it better myself. :D

I had a class last night so I taped AK-RP too. I watched some of it this morning. It was enjoyable. Alison & Robert have great camaderie don't they? I love her performance of Levee

Edited: I misread your comments about west coast dates...I thought they were available...duh me!!! :lol: :lol: I'm checking for those dates myself....may have to plan a road trip or two. :)

I wish I could've gone, but the odds were hugely against it from the start, so I'm not upset about not being there. I would've had to a get a second mortgage to make the trip, anyway. :D I think it's cool such a great percentage of fans got in, with any other band it wouldn't have happened.

I loved lurking over at RO (when this place just stopped working) on the night; have decided (late to the party, as per usual) that YouTube is better than sliced bread; love perusing Halfin's pix (he has a raft of iconic images!), am enjoying the music, and am waiting with bated breath for the FILM (oh, please) and the DVD and the CD, and the book.... and the tour. :D

Sorry, guess I'm off topic. No flood of tears!

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt go, i couldnt have, even if i got a ticket , cos i live too far away and couldnt afford the plane ticket , accomodation etc ( or the concert ticket itself actually ). i felt really bummed on the night ,( day down here ) , but got really excited when the news footage came on. i was really happy for those that got to see it, but moreover i was soooo happy for them that everything went well and they got such good reviews. ive only seen youtube stuff so far and cant wait to see an official dvd. and yes, im hoping and praying for the tour. im starting to save now, just in case....

Why do people feel the need to come into a thread called, "The flood of tears," with the purpose of telling people they shouldn't be upset/disappointed they didn't go.

I missed out. I wish I could have been there. If you didn't go and you aren't disappointed that you missed it, then why are you here?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't win the chance to go either. I signed up at every rock station I could! Living in the US it would have been a VERY expensive week to fly over there to go. I swear though - next time - I'm putting in to win AND I'm just going to plan to take a vacation if I have to. I just really wish, hope, pray, plead, (insert other synonyms here) that they will bless the US with their presence!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! :D

I was there only by a chance in millions. Registered no problem didn't get tickets. Middle of November heard that Jimmy had broken his finger. End of November didn't check my mail for a couple of days.

When I did check my mail I had one from Ticketmaster which was two days old saying that there was two tickets for me on a first come first serve basis.

Problem was I was in work when I checked my mail and my credit card to pay for the tickets were at home :angry:

When I got home from work some hours later I was sure that the Tickets would all be gone.

Went online to pay for them, entered all my details and messed it up. Tried again and successfully purchased tickets for my son and myself. We were allocated our seat numbers. I came out of the Ticketmaster website and my son asked me to check our seat numbers.

I re-entered the code I was given to get back into Ticketmaster website but a message came up saying that all tickets were now sold. I literally must have had the last couple of tickets. Jammy or what.

:D:D:D

No crying from me.

Archived