The flood of tears thread.

I

I re-entered the code I was given to get back into Ticketmaster website but a message came up saying that all tickets were now sold. I literally must have had the last couple of tickets. Jammy or what.

Maybe...but more likely it was saying you couldn't buy tickets because the code had already been used.

Certainly disappointed...I mean it was only THE biggest/most anticipated show of the year. But I didn't cry over it. Just knowing that Zep were playing together again (albeit for one show) made me smile even though I was an entire ocean away. And with all these advances in the internet world, I saw pretty much the entire show on Youtube...some excellent clips too. They should release a DVD of the show though cause obviously it was filmed, just from watching the clips you could see cameras at every angle filming...it seemed very professional.

I was sad not to be a lucky ticket holder, but i'm excited to see possible footage soon.

What did dissappoint me though was that so many people were jumping on the bandwagon because of the mass press coverage of the show. I read a statement that was something like 'I had never heard any led zeppelin songs before the show, but i am definately going to buy a cd now'.

Nice to know led zep can still have the same effect, but as a life long fan born 10 years after bonzos death it made me feel cheated out of possibly my only chance to see my all time favorite band. I'm sure other people will agree with me on this.

(RIP Ahmet and Bonzo)

picture this there i am tearing my nails out at the fact that the bigest gig last year was corporate corrupt and general taken for all it was worth i digress me and my terrorist every home should have one but we decided to make a hippy style pilgramge to the concert despite no tickets when has a little piece of paper stopped people enjoying music i must admit expecting to get in for free is a bit arrogant but to see the army of "stars" that all amazingly got tickets strange that did they go through the ticket lottery i dont believe so but me and the furry terrorist travelled form darkest norfolk i know inbred hicks looking for something for nothing travelled for 4 hours to get to the o2 and when we got there promptly had our hopes smashed and then resmashed by the event itself we both are quite large fans i know who wasnt who was there and wasnt, but all we were thinking was we could sit outside and at least hear the band no such luck raped very badly there and after being filmed by a foreign tv crew probly for their humour more than anything else and a conversation with a very nice security guard who despite my lust to batter and then run in but my terrorist stopped me from what would be a terribly out of character move and undoubtedly would have given me a night at her majesties leisure but was it so much to ask for maybe just maybe the two and for the 3 hours we were walking around the only two fans that made the pilgrimage for us to be let in to stand quietly stand at the back and have our lives changed i know the band themselves dont owe me or my terrorist anything and that our entire argument is just blind hate and maybe scrounging tactics i mean we could have paid for tickets on ebay but we dont have that kind of money and dont real fans the ones who are willing to travel that kind of distance for no reason than the off chance of seeing the band actually play deserve at least some compensation i dont expect anything for nothing but they could have said hi or something lol not the best argument to convince one of the last great 70's leviathans to play a world tour but i agree with them not doing it because the air of selling out was very very thick and i couldnt escape that, but i we went had no tickets and heard absolutely nothing and left dissapointed at the corporate sting in our hands and the lack of one in our ears if they wnat to do it do it right headline a festival dont do it in the microsoft equivilent of an arena and for gods sake let me and the terrorist get tickets as we tried all we could then some then begged everyone we knew then begged everyone we didnt and still went regardless few fans have anywhere near that commitment i mean did the "stars" go out of their way for the whim of it no we did we have more reason to be ticked than those that just didnt get tickets we went and wasted damned good emotions on not seeing them and money but at least go out and tour but do it right this time headline like a three day event for half a million people and then call it quits dont just play to the well rounded fatcats the ignorant and the few real fans that made it in i still enjoy the music but your choice of event and choice of venue and choice of sponsors leave a lot to be desired i dont care if this gets put up which it probly wont i have to say it and now i have

peace out grahame and chopper (g and terrorist)

I was sad not to be a lucky ticket holder, but i'm excited to see possible footage soon.

What did dissappoint me though was that so many people were jumping on the bandwagon because of the mass press coverage of the show. I read a statement that was something like 'I had never heard any led zeppelin songs before the show, but i am definately going to buy a cd now'.

Nice to know led zep can still have the same effect, but as a life long fan born 10 years after bonzos death it made me feel cheated out of possibly my only chance to see my all time favorite band. I'm sure other people will agree with me on this.

(RIP Ahmet and Bonzo)

I think it's great that all the publicity introduced more people to this great music, but if what you mean is that people who actually went to the show had never heard Zeppelin before, I take your point. (Still, at least they liked it.)

I think it's great that all the publicity introduced more people to this great music, but if what you mean is that people who actually went to the show had never heard Zeppelin before, I take your point. (Still, at least they liked it.)

I still feel it was a total waste of a ticket for the girl along from me who was so pissed she slept all the way through it. :angry:

I still feel it was a total waste of a ticket for the girl along from me who was so pissed she slept all the way through it. :angry:

Pissed as in angry or wasted??? I don't blame you....what would many have given to have her seat and witness something magical and wonderful as that concert............

Yeah, the group in front of me who talked all the way through didn't deserve the tickets either. But if somebody who didn't know the band went and at least had their eyes opened to the good stuff, that's a marginal improvement. I don't have a problem with people who weren't there and just discovered the band as a result of the publicity, though, that's a win-win situation.

No tears of sadness from this st.louis boy. Having a wife, three kids and two cats, a mortgage payment and three cars to support (and NONE of them work), I knew my chances were slim. Was I going to re-mortgage my house, sell my wife? Of course not (I did consider it, though).

I did, however, find myself BURSTING WITH PRIDE the day after the show, vindicated WORLD WIDE by the flood of positive reviews for "the boys". While I would have absolutely loved to have been there, I knew in my heart of hearts that I would never be able to go. Kinda like when I heard the announcement for the two Knebworth shows back in '79. I dreamt my ass off that I would go. I knew the reality, though. A 15 year old boy would never be able to purchase tickets, get a passport (!) and fly to England to see the show...much less find a place to uh, sleep or eat during that time! Anywho, I digress...

Same as the O2 show. How fair was it to have the show in one venue where all these jack-ass celebs with mucho money could afford to leech their ways in...Where were these fucks when I was carving "ZEP" into my arm with a straight needle and idia ink? Probably still shittin' yellow, no doubt. But hey, age and the longevity of my love for Zep means nothing in this cruel, unfair world. I have my boots and their "official" releases to sustain me (as well as they could) for the last 28 years. Would I see them if they came to the midwest? Can I get a "hell yeah"?!?!?!?!

No tears of sadness from this st.louis boy. Having a wife, three kids and two cats, a mortgage payment and three cars to support (and NONE of them work), I knew my chances were slim. Was I going to re-mortgage my house, sell my wife? Of course not (I did consider it, though).

I did, however, find myself BURSTING WITH PRIDE the day after the show, vindicated WORLD WIDE by the flood of positive reviews for "the boys". While I would have absolutely loved to have been there, I knew in my heart of hearts that I would never be able to go. Kinda like when I heard the announcement for the two Knebworth shows back in '79. I dreamt my ass off that I would go. I knew the reality, though. A 15 year old boy would never be able to purchase tickets, get a passport (!) and fly to England to see the show...much less find a place to uh, sleep or eat during that time! Anywho, I digress...

Same as the O2 show. How fair was it to have the show in one venue where all these jack-ass celebs with mucho money could afford to leech their ways in...Where were these fucks when I was carving "ZEP" into my arm with a straight needle and idia ink? Probably still shittin' yellow, no doubt. But hey, age and the longevity of my love for Zep means nothing in this cruel, unfair world. I have my boots and their "official" releases to sustain me (as well as they could) for the last 28 years. Would I see them if they came to the midwest? Can I get a "hell yeah"?!?!?!?!

Hell Yeah!!!!!

Hells yeah. Wow, you carved yourself? Suddenly I don't feel like as much of a fan! :(

... Well then,so self-mutilation sounds like fun when you put it that way! :lol: I'm tempted to carve the LZ IV symbols into my leg,but i'm saving that for when i go crazy and kill everyone on this board,possibly like Freddy Kreuger,i'll speak through a finger-puppet,i shall call him Davy,he will kill for me,and eventually take over my brain,of course i have to die,but don't worry,i'll be back in a series of tedious sequels (unnecessary) prequels (Money grabbing) and cross-overs! (Flogging the dead horse,as is horror movie tradition.)

... Well then,so self-mutilation sounds like fun when you put it that way! :lol: I'm tempted to carve the LZ IV symbols into my leg,but i'm saving that for when i go crazy and kill everyone on this board,possibly like Freddy Kreuger,i'll speak through a finger-puppet,i shall call him Davy,he will kill for me,and eventually take over my brain,of course i have to die,but don't worry,i'll be back in a series of tedious sequels (unnecessary) prequels (Money grabbing) and cross-overs! (Flogging the dead horse,as is horror movie tradition.)

I was thinking it would be cool to get some read pants with the symbols in black, going down each leg. Whaddaya think?

I was thinking it would be cool to get some read pants with the symbols in black, going down each leg. Whaddaya think?

Dammit, I mean RED pants. I still don't know how to edit my posts.

This will sound SO gay when i say it but here goes,i think it might look better if it was black with the symbols in red,at least,on a man (i TOLD you i sound gay) and i'm kinda digging my own grave here,but what materials are we talking about?Leather?Cotton?

This will sound SO gay when i say it but here goes,i think it might look better if it was black with the symbols in red,at least,on a man (i TOLD you i sound gay) and i'm kinda digging my own grave here,but what materials are we talking about?Leather?Cotton?

By golly, I think you may be right! About the pants, that is. I don't know what material, though.

By golly, I think you may be right! About the pants, that is. I don't know what material, though.

Thank you for not pouncing on my questionable sexuality.

The only clothes related thing i'm good at is colours,i don't go for fancy stuff,but i can say what does/doesn't look good.

• 2 weeks later...

i think why not have a banter about how sad we are to have not been at their gig. i'm sad i didn't get to go. i've been plenty of times in my dreams though .. :) if they ever come to melbourne then .. well .. i don't know what to say really..but i'd be as happy as the moon.. te main moon .. hehehe

Don't think i commented in this thread yet, but it wasnt a flood of tears for me...i was just happy that -led zeppelin were playing. The whole lottery with the tickets was exciting and i was prepared to go, but that was more like a dream like state. I think when the reality of the faults in the ticket thing happened, it was all sort of actual reality...yet too late to try to get a ticket and go. As a fan, i am just happy that they played and it was great!

Don't think i commented in this thread yet, but it wasnt a flood of tears for me...i was just happy that -led zeppelin were playing. The whole lottery with the tickets was exciting and i was prepared to go, but that was more like a dream like state. I think when the reality of the faults in the ticket thing happened, it was all sort of actual reality...yet too late to try to get a ticket and go. As a fan, i am just happy that they played and it was great!

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about it too.

I was disappointed not to go to the show, but now the dust has settled I'm not too bothered.

I have the boots (including the Third Eye DVD), so that will do me for now.

If that was the last Zep gig (and let's face it, nobody really knows) then it was a good way for it all to end. There is still plenty as a Zep fan to be excited about, including solo Plant, Page, Jones activity and forthcoming bootleg releases.

I wasn't there,this is a thread for us!!!

:boohoo: If you weren't there please join the flood,eventually Zepp will see they are about to drown and perform a world tour extravaganza to stop the flood.

Don't reall care, if the truth be told. We have the DVDs and commercial releases and boots and if they come to the U.S., I will try and get a ticket but if I cant, I'm not going to get all teary eyed over it.

Zep rules but I rule first before zep.

I waited 35 years to see the boys. There was going to be no tears from me.

Went out to ebay and saw around 90 passcodes! Could not believe my freaking eyes. Started getting hot in my study...what to do, what to do? Called a friend and asked him if he could go...while I was on the phone, the numbers of available passcodes started dropping drastically. Time to make a decision, with or without my bud.

Had the balls to push the BUY IT NOW for $300. When it was all over, I invited a hot chick and we both saw the best band in the world for a paltry total of $400 each. I bet all of you anti-touts who could not make the show now wish you had done that.

I learned something that day...if you want it, go for it. Do not hesitate. I would have paid $3K for that ticket...and it would have been so worth it...after all...it's only money.

I too didn't hesitate...

Planned to see them back in 1980...we know how that went!

When I read about the concert, I immediately contacted all the ticket brokers I could find. I knew my odds of getting my name pulled in the lottery were slim to none, but I wasn't going to let that stop me! I also had no connections, and although a ticket would be pricey, I wasn't going to have any regrets this time! I "bought" a ticket from one. Then the details on getting the ticket came out, and I knew the broker couldn't deliver. Went through eBay, craigs list, gumtree, anyplace I could find. Finally found a "companian" ticket for sale and got it for $1500.00 US.

It was one of the best investments I ever made and well worth the hours on the computer and phone trying to get one! I was up against the barricade just to the right of Plant with camera in hand. PRICELESS!!!

All you "tears" people could have done the same....

Well I would weep but first off it would do no good.Second I have saw the Band more times than anyone other than thier personal Hairdressers and believe there will be another chance.So i will not be Greedy this time.Oh my God I missed Zeppelin what's wrong with me I should have tried harder for tickets. whooo I think I am back in control now.Hope you all enjoyed the show.

Archived