Reccomended Robert Plant CD

One and Only

I have a gift card that allows me purchase of 1 cd, which i've already decided to use on Robert Plant.

I'm not sure about the new Plant/Krauss cd, but what other cd do you reccomend?

Possibly even the Honeydrippers? or Page/Plant?

I'm thinking about mighty rearranger or maniac nirvana.. but idk

They're all good. I like Now And Zen, The Principle of Moments, Raising Sand, and Mighty Rearranger are all good. I know that Mighty Rearranger is my dad's favorite. It just depends what kind of music you want.

66 to timbuktu it is!

It's a double CD so you might have tyo add some money to your voucher. If that's not an option I guess Mighty Rearranger is the closest to LZ. If you haven't got Unledded by P & P I'd recomend that one. The version of SIBLY on it, with the rising string section is sublime.

Actually, if you haven't got Mothership yet, it should be that. Spent 2 hours on the motorway today. Just Me, the road & Mothership hammering out as I hammered along. A throughly exhilarating experience.

Oh.. I've purchased ALL of Led Zeppelin (except for TSRTS.. waiting for new releases), and my neighbor put Mothership on my computer already.

Looks like I need to buy more than one album...

All of RP's work is totally outstanding! If you want something heavy, then Manic Nirvana is a great choice; Doug Boyle's scorching guitar is just amazing. Fate of Nations had the most radio hits and is a truly great album replete with truly epic tracks-- a real classic. But honestly, just like the mighty Zep, RP has had only stellar albums and songs. If you want the most bang for your buck, get the Nine Lives Box set, which is all remastered with plenty of bonus tracks, an interesting booklet, and a DVD with a 66-minute interview plus 20 music videos, all for $100 or less. Or get Sixty-six to Timbuktu, which has samples of every album (except Pictures at Eleven) plus 17 wonderful songs found practically nowhere else! Yet another possibility is the Soundstage video from 2005-- also very enjoyable, which features reworked Zep classics along with songs from Mighty Rearranger.

66 to timbuktu is an album i reccomend very much! there is alo rare pre-Zepp songs on it!

While not a Plant solo album, I reccomend The Honeydrippers EP, the only problem with it is that it's an EP! :) It's great if you need some "rockin at midnight! :lol:

Personally I like his first couple of solo albums the best. I have to admit I lost interest after those ones so I may not be the best response here. I do feel his voice is certainly miles better on those albums......imho I really feel like he lost it by the nineties for the most part....

Is the gift card 1CD or a certain dollar value? If the latter, you can probably pick up two of the earlier solo albums for the price of one. I have seen Pictures at Eleven and The Principle of Moments discounted before.

He hasn't really released a bad album, but if I was to pick the one to buy first it would be Now & Zen. It's transitional between his early 80s anti-Zeppelin synth dominated sound and the later more rock and roll oriented material. As a bonus, Jimmy Page plays on a couple of the tracks.

I bought it when it first came out, and I have never tired of it. All the songs are very strong, and "Dance on my own" is really funny once you work out what it's about.

I would certainly recommend 66 To Timbuktu. Road To the Sun is an outtake from Principle of Moments that's really great and should never been omitted from the album. Plus there's all kinds of old rare stuff, along with the best from his solo career.

Archived